Gorgeous pics Amy :love: :theband::yummy:
:Namaste: :green_heart:
Panama and DDA! :cheesygrinsmiley:

THIS is why we grow our own. :slide: :bongrip:
So much this! I’m completely stoked on the Panama. It suits me well. No raciness, just relaxed and high with a touch of the trippy every now and then.

And, Gray, the other concurs with your read on its sensual effects. I find it great for meditation too - and pretty much everything else! Except getting anything done ;) It is ‘being’ weed - @dynamo1
been a Month
I know - I haven’t actually tried it much more. But I pulled bud out the other day when I cracked the jar and the terps are now fully gas + chocolate/coffee aromas. A truly amazing smell.

I hit some that day and had pretty much the same effects as previously - full energy charge plus pain relief. Excellent for getting things done, focus and energy is strong, but it still wipes me out a bit. The energy charge seems to burn me out - which is connected to my issues more than the weed itself I think.

I’ll be using it carefully. It’s that kind of toke where you’re not in a state where you’re feeling stoned or high at all, unless you stop and scrutinise... but who has time for that! It’s go go go! :laughtwo:

The only feedback from friends is that it is ‘fun’... :eye-roll: I’m working on their descriptive skills ;)

:reading420magazine:

:circle-of-love:

Beautiful turtle! Nice shooting :love::peace:

:thanks: kind sir :passitleft:
Saturday morning - and I must say you were up early!
:ciao: Don't mind me Amy, fashionably late as usual.
Hiya Van! :ciao: a hearty :welcome: to my corner of the mag. Glad you found the cushions... they are usually in good supply in my zones!

Hope you are well this fine day :)

Saturday morning wake n bake time for me... Panama all the way today!
:passitleft:

You’re funny :laughtwo:

All the better to show off something as pretty as a DDA! Congrats on adding to that jar. :thumb:
Thanks :) a little jar to be sure but you’re right that it’s a delight to photograph. I’d say that’s part of the appeal, but it doesn’t need any help in that department!
nstead of just geese.
:rofl: well that was definitely not a Panama on a Saturday morning possibility! :laughtwo: way too fast, Lol!

Hey how you doing amy , been a while just wanted to say hey . I was creeping your journal , I really like what your doing here . Your plants look wonderful . How’s your grow light doing ? I still haven’t made my own yet.
so let me ask , do you let strains that youhaven’t grown before grow naturally justto see if it’s worth training ?
hope you have a great day.

Glad you did DW :ciao:

like what your doing here . Your plants look wonderful
Thanks a bunch! I’ve been a bit environmentally challenged lately so am relieved they are all holding up well. Was super dry for aaages and now super humid.
How’s your grow light doing ?
Pretty well! I’ve experimented quite a bit this year, both deliberately and by accident, and am working out the sweet spots, I think.

I have found it‘a pretty easy to induce light stress with it so am maybe a bit under par ;) right now and I might bump it a little higher and see. For now I think things look happy with it.

It’s actually been a bit too long without pics of the tent here. I’ll aim to get some fresh ones at lights-on tonight.

still haven’t made my own yet.
where are you up to in the dreaming/ planning stages?

let me ask , do you let strains that youhaven’t grown before grow naturally justto see if it’s worth training ?
Partly I do, and just to see how they grow. Can be a bit misleading as it’s of course going to grow differently once you top it. But it gives some idea - bushiness, speed, spacing. Indoors, I also flip them early so they just flower when they’re mature enough and stay relatively small. That way I get a sense of how quickly a strain starts flowering after flipping the light schedule.

But it’s absolutely about checking out the growth habits of a variety or phenotype :)

On another level, it minimises the amount of physical interaction I need to do with them and every little bit helps for me in terms of lessening the demands. Leaves me scope sometimes to take photos!!

So, less work and observation and then space/variety. I’ll alway grow a few that way to fit in a few different strains. I still feel so new to it all, the infinite world of cannabis varieties, and am still exploring what works for me for different purposes

EG, I grew the SB seeking a daytime hybrid and while its great, I can’t use it much - or I need get into micro dosing it. (Others like it a lot so that’s great). Anyway, I've a ton of that (5oz) and only a little of the Panama, which was a small, untopped, tester and next time I’ll know to top and train that one for a bigger yield because I love it and could have it every day.

And it makes me think that next time I ought grow any untried strains like that and top and train repeat keepers. It’s certainly nice to feel like I’m finding some of those. If someone told me I could only have Panama and Bubba Hash the rest of my life, I’d be completely ok with that! :D

...sent me off on quite a tangent there, DW. Panama on a Sunday morning will do that too :love:
:bongrip:

Hope all are doing well out there, I’m off to peruse other gardens :surf:

hope you have a great day
:high-five: I hope you do too! Nice chatting w you!

bunch of mini, un-topped plants in my tiny boxes!

:thumb: I’m pretty sure thats how people do what’s called sea of green (SoG) but with a single strain. Multiple plants in smaller pots. So I’m more and more doing it with varieties so I can audition more :) Currently in the flowering tent I have one topped and trained for about 6 mains (the Candida CD-1) and 2 smaller plants, un-topped.

The Candida I grew first time outside without topping and it got to a beautiful 4-5’tall. And was stretchy lanky and branchy. This is my 3rd time growing it. I know I want as much as I can comfortably manage at harvest, which is usually 3-5oz, so that’s why it’s been topped etc and put in a bigger pot.

All this talk - I really better get some pics of where things are up to :laughtwo:

did she go into 11-13 right away? Just looking ahead.. :ganjamon:
After about 2weeks I think. I’ll just check the grow chart ;)

Okay, reading off my chart, Panama spent 2 weeks under 16/8 light schedule and then went to 11/13 for the duration. It started in a seedling pot, then went into a 1gallon pot at 3 1/2 weeks, which was about a week and a half too late I think

It showed pistil hairs in the tops at 5weeks, before it had alternating nodes.

It went into its final 3-4gal(?) pot at 6 weeks, which was also A bit too late! I have a note-to-self on my chart that says ‘next time transplant as soon as you see pistil hairs!’

Next time, Panama will get topped and veg’d for a while! ;)

But I plan to do other Sativas this way to try them out and to try to keep them small. It’s my version of what I saw @Graytail do in his garden for a while, with lots of different varieties.

Panama got super tall tho, as you might remember! So that’s something to bear in mind...

Next one I try like that will be Thai Chi or Carnival I think...

After about 2weeks I think. I’ll just check the grow chart ;)

Okay, reading off my chart, Panama spent 2 weeks under 16/8 light schedule and then went to 11/13 for the duration. It started in a seedling pot, then went into a 1gallon pot at 3 1/2 weeks, which was about a week and a half too late I think

It showed pistil hairs in the tops at 5weeks, before it had alternating nodes.

It went into its final 3-4gal(?) pot at 6 weeks, which was also A bit too late! I have a note-to-self on my chart that says ‘next time transplant as soon as you see pistil hairs!’

Next time, Panama will get topped and veg’d for a while! ;)

But I plan to do other Sativas this way to try them out and to try to keep them small. It’s my version of what I saw @Graytail do in his garden for a while, with lots of different varieties.

Panama got super tall tho, as you might remember! So that’s something to bear in mind...

Thank you so much for rounding this up for me :Namaste:

Fantastic intel. Bookmarked!

Yes.... only a fool would try this in one of my spaces................................................. :hippy:

I vote for Carnival. And, if by next, you mean your next grow, I doubly vote for Carnival since it's one of the ones I'm planning on growing next. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom