Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

Looking good Amy.
:high-five: thanks Derby!
Nice buds lady!!
thanks lady :D
Yikes on those critters!! :eek:
friend is lovely. Good Critter.
They were both photographed within a metre of my room :)...
the second critter is my best friend and protector and feasts on the first critter, which is my sworn enemy, Lol!

I could not seem to figure that out. I will try again.
:nomo:
how did you go? I did it over a year ago and was already a member. Let me know if you still can’t sign up. I’m signing up the lovely other today so will see how the process is.
Looking quite lovely Amy. Just something about outdoor flowers. Great job.
Do you ever get any pollinated flowers being outdoors ?
Happy harvest
Thanks ‘Rugged - I agree about outdoor sunbaked flowers!
Only had one seed ever. One perfectly formed fully ripe and fat seed dropped out of a Critical Mass bud after last outdoor season. Only one. Maybe a loose bit of pollen form elsewhere, or a selfing but that’s unlikely as I never saw a nanner and it must have been pollinated early because it was fully ripe. I kept it. One day when I have more space than ‘mininum requirements’ I’ll find out what it is!

I 'd like to help you out, :surf: :party:
Thanks d! Team harvest party! :passitleft:

:party:

PCK is chopped and hanging!

:thumb: Today will involve lots of scrutiny with loupe

Without having seen it I would say it needs another week,
:rofl: you funny! I have some photos showing both the fluffy mold, and many cloudy trichs... someday soon I’ll post ‘em.

It was definitely done throwing out new pistil hairs and all that are there were pretty much receded. I didn’t look at the pics until after the harvest and feel it was ready enough from the looks which was a nice feeling :) (to counteract the not-so-nice feeling you get if you see fluffy webbing on a bud that doesnt look like a spider made it) :eek:

Update: The end... most likely :hmmmm:

I knew I had some. It’s turned out to be more than I thought.

In the last 24hrs I have spent many many moments over samples from the garden with the loupe, bright light and camera and no matter how hard I try I just can’t make my eyes unsee it: mold/mould.

It’s on everything and a few different types, by the looks. I’ll post some pics here for confirmation. At this stage I am fully resigned to writing off the grow, but the lovely other wanted me to check w my crew here to make sure - in case I’m having a bipolar extreme moment. ;)

So please share your opinions and experience! (I’m pretty sure I’m not... )

To be clear, I’m not talking about budrot/botrytis although there was little bits of that too which I chopped off as well. A bit of budrot is usually manageable. It was looking for more of that which led me to see the other types.

I mentioned I‘d seen white fuzzy mold on the PCK, well I chopped off what I’d seen, took a bunch of pre-harvest photos and then harvested and washed (4bucket wash w h202 in first).

Then I scrutinised the photos and in pretty much all of them, fairly nice looking buds like these...

Turned out to look like this up close. (FYI - there is no significant sign of spider mites so i am pretty sure it is not spider mite webbing.) There were areas like this all over, as it turns out.

It’s my feeling that this is white mold. I am still to inspect them properly post-wash - I trimmed one and couldn’t see much, but I am not really convinced - and am getting tired of trying not to breathe while I look at them very closely!

The other type that I am also seeing to varying degrees on the SP x WX and the PS is this type - a brownish, greyish, bluish fuzz growing on pistil hairs.

On the SP x WX

On the SP :confused:

There are bits of this scattered all over.

Everything you read about mold says that if it’s visible then the spores have been there for a while. Which means spores are likely in other places that can’t yet be seen.

Today I looked at the single cola SP x WX which also got harvested yesterday, and washed, and there was white fluffy webbing like the stuff on the PCK on that as well - and that was post wash.

The weather has been very variable again in the last week: rainy, cold overnight, hot, cold, still - you name it. And now we are about to have 3 straight days of rain. The cover has been keeping them dry but the conditions are just unfavourable and spraying for the white fly most certinaly has not helped the situation.

I won’t share any more pics. Suffice it to say that I am seeing these kinds of instances randomly all over on all plants except Lilly which I have not inspected yet (it takes more energy that I have so I’ll look tomorrow!). I have never seen anything remotely like this on my indoor buds.

It’s oddly funny (or maybe just ironic) how I spent most of January assuming I probably wouldnt get a harvest because of the fire’s, and then got surprised, and now it turns out that may be true after all :laughtwo:

I‘ve navigated the terrain of disappointment, denial, shame, denial, self-blame, denial, momentary despair ... and then recognition that I still have jars full of bud, followed by solid acceptance of the fact that moldy bud IS NOT medicine. So unless there is some option to turn them into topical oil, which still makes me a bit nervous, it will all get trashed or burned. I don’t plan to be messing w mold.

I therefore have to reconsider how I grow outside. All these plants reportedly have good resistance to mold and were chosen accordingly - it’s just the shortness of my flower season and losing the sun behind trees a bit at this stage. Mold has been a spectre every year and while budrot can be cut out etc., it’s not the only type and the the physicality of managing, checking and trouble shooting it is just beyond my capacity - if I’m to be fully honest w myself. I have been in so much pain from what’s been required to look carefully at the plants outside (I now know that Bubba Hash bedtime starbursts are great daytime pain relief :) ). Future summer grows will need to be different.

Moving on then, I am consoling myself by drawing plans for some more ideal indoor grow spaces and unboxing the new Viparspectra SP1500 that arrived this week. It looks to be a beautiful piece of kit and down the track will enable me to have a perpetual setup, with seperate veg space. In the short term it may be helping a buddy get started growing. I took this pic for the contest thread :D I’m very fond of the little 420 jar :love: Perfect size for the bedside stash of Bubba Hash!

Really nice looking light. Plus it’s fairly lightweight to handle which is always a plus.

Oh - I also wanted to ask Shed :ciao: if you think it ok to still dry the stems and roots for making a salve - assuming I can’t see anything on them... but maybe i should be cutting all losses.

It’s not the update i wanted to post is it? It’s been a “warts and all” journal since the apocalyptic NYE really, so there’s a level on which this doesn’t even surprise me.

A couple of critters just for fun then - it was the only one I every saw and looks to be stuck in the trichomes: an aphid! :thedoubletake:

And this is some kind of tin wasp I think - playing on the washed PCK. WHile watching it though the lens I realised it seemed to be nibbling on the trich heads so i flicked it off, but captured this fun one one first.

:love:
:Namaste:

Update: The end... most likely :hmmmm:

I knew I had some. It’s turned out to be more than I thought.

In the last 24hrs I have spent many many moments over samples from the garden with the loupe, bright light and camera and no matter how hard I try I just can’t make my eyes unsee it: mold/mould.

It’s on everything and a few different types, by the looks. I’ll post some pics here for confirmation. At this stage I am fully resigned to writing off the grow, but the lovely other wanted me to check w my crew here to make sure - in case I’m having a bipolar extreme moment. ;)

So please share your opinions and experience! (I’m pretty sure I’m not... )

To be clear, I’m not talking about budrot/botrytis although there was little bits of that too which I chopped off as well. A bit of budrot is usually manageable. It was looking for more of that which led me to see the other types.

I mentioned I‘d seen white fuzzy mold on the PCK, well I chopped off what I’d seen, took a bunch of pre-harvest photos and then harvested and washed (4bucket wash w h202 in first).

Then I scrutinised the photos and in pretty much all of them, fairly nice looking buds like these...

Turned out to look like this up close. (FYI - there is no significant sign of spider mites so i am pretty sure it is not spider mite webbing.) There were areas like this all over, as it turns out.

It’s my feeling that this is white mold. I am still to inspect them properly post-wash - I trimmed one and couldn’t see much, but I am not really convinced - and am getting tired of trying not to breathe while I look at them very closely!

The other type that I am also seeing to varying degrees on the SP x WX and the PS is this type - a brownish, greyish, bluish fuzz growing on pistil hairs.

On the SP x WX

On the SP :confused:

There are bits of this scattered all over.

Everything you read about mold says that if it’s visible then the spores have been there for a while. Which means spores are likely in other places that can’t yet be seen.

Today I looked at the single cola SP x WX which also got harvested yesterday, and washed, and there was white fluffy webbing like the stuff on the PCK on that as well - and that was post wash.

The weather has been very variable again in the last week: rainy, cold overnight, hot, cold, still - you name it. And now we are about to have 3 straight days of rain. The cover has been keeping them dry but the conditions are just unfavourable and spraying for the white fly most certinaly has not helped the situation.

I won’t share any more pics. Suffice it to say that I am seeing these kinds of instances randomly all over on all plants except Lilly which I have not inspected yet (it takes more energy that I have so I’ll look tomorrow!). I have never seen anything remotely like this on my indoor buds.

It’s oddly funny (or maybe just ironic) how I spent most of January assuming I probably wouldnt get a harvest because of the fire’s, and then got surprised, and now it turns out that may be true after all :laughtwo:

I‘ve navigated the terrain of disappointment, denial, shame, denial, self-blame, denial, momentary despair ... and then recognition that I still have jars full of bud, followed by solid acceptance of the fact that moldy bud IS NOT medicine. So unless there is some option to turn them into topical oil, which still makes me a bit nervous, it will all get trashed or burned. I don’t plan to be messing w mold.

I therefore have to reconsider how I grow outside. All these plants reportedly have good resistance to mold and were chosen accordingly - it’s just the shortness of my flower season and losing the sun behind trees a bit at this stage. Mold has been a spectre every year and while budrot can be cut out etc., it’s not the only type and the the physicality of managing, checking and trouble shooting it is just beyond my capacity - if I’m to be fully honest w myself. I have been in so much pain from what’s been required to look carefully at the plants outside (I now know that Bubba Hash bedtime starbursts are great daytime pain relief :) ). Future summer grows will need to be different.

Moving on then, I am consoling myself by drawing plans for some more ideal indoor grow spaces and unboxing the new Viparspectra SP1500 that arrived this week. It looks to be a beautiful piece of kit and down the track will enable me to have a perpetual setup, with seperate veg space. In the short term it may be helping a buddy get started growing. I took this pic for the contest thread :D I’m very fond of the little 420 jar :love: Perfect size for the bedside stash of Bubba Hash!

Really nice looking light. Plus it’s fairly lightweight to handle which is always a plus.

Oh - I also wanted to ask Shed :ciao: if you think it ok to still dry the stems and roots for making a salve - assuming I can’t see anything on them... but maybe i should be cutting all losses.

It’s not the update i wanted to post is it? It’s been a “warts and all” journal since the apocalyptic NYE really, so there’s a level on which this doesn’t even surprise me.

A couple of critters just for fun then - it was the only one I every saw and looks to be stuck in the trichomes: an aphid! :thedoubletake:

And this is some kind of tin wasp I think - playing on the washed PCK. WHile watching it though the lens I realised it seemed to be nibbling on the trich heads so i flicked it off, but captured this fun one one first.

Dam that sucks,
Sending positive vibes and plenty of these :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: and one of these to cheer you up. :Namaste:

That is a bummer. I have never seen the second type of mold, but know a few growers that lost a large part of their crops due to web mold. I have seen it mentioned that it can be caused by borers/caterpillars. Neiko's extraction method may be you best bet if it is something within your capabilities. If not I have seen Van and others mention making topicals out of moldy bud without issue. I will also say that I have seen Doc mention using another bucket when mold is suspected that I believe contains hydrogen peroxide to try and help clean mold off. Though you may want to ask him for clarification.

This looks like a goog photo of the month entry!

Thanks folks, I’ll take all that as confirmation that what I’m seeing is what I’m seeing

That sucks Amy! You can make oil out of it without worry though. You just have to do an alcohol extraction. I've posted my method a few times but I can get it to you again if it's something you want to try.
That is a bummer. I have never seen the second type of mold, but know a few growers that lost a large part of their crops due to web mold. I have seen it mentioned that it can be caused by borers/caterpillars. Neiko's extraction method may be you best bet if it is something within your capabilities. If not I have seen Van and others mention making topicals out of moldy bud without issue. I will also say that I have seen Doc mention using another bucket when mold is suspected that I believe contains hydrogen peroxide to try and help clean mold off. Though you may want to ask him for clarification.

Thank you both so much.

neiko, I might talk to a couple of my friends about this and see if someone can help me do it – or do it for me. Pls resend :) Is it certain that it removes mold and destroys spores?

It is a major bummer but I will/am gett(ing) over it.

I did use 4buckets w H202 the first wash but it is extremely expensive here. For example it cost me $30 for less than 1 L. Besides, the star pupil cross that was just a single cola got washed and I’ve spotted webbing mould on it after the wash so it didn’t get it or didn’t get it all.

I know that doc does use H202 for mould spores but he only ever mentions powdery mildew in that conversation. In any case, I can’t afford the amount that I’d need and even if I could, currently you are only ‘allowed’ to buy one 400ml bottle of it at a time.

I’ll think about the alcohol exraction, but everything i read says don’t try, just ditch :straightface:

Sorry to hear about the mould, Amy. That sucks big time especially considering all the other things your plants have made it through.

From what I've read about moulds on cannabis is that it can cause someone with a compromised immune system serious troubles so I would stay away from it just based on that alone.

:hug:

Well, fook me dead! o_O (I looked up some Aussie slang.:cheesygrinsmiley:)

But you have a bunch of trichomes - just gotta find the way to separate them from the mould. Don't do anything destructive until you think it through. It doesn't seem correct that this would be the end of the line after all they went through. :hmmmm: Wrong signal from the karma cops, y'know?

Figure that out and I bet she'll be apples. :love:

I can see how that could seem true - but if there’s any risk i just can’t risk it.

As HG said, the meds i make go to people with compromised immune systems so it’s a no brainer. I will inspect the PS again todaY and see what i see. But we are about to have days of rain and I’m not equipped to harvest again right now - not till the weekend at least.

I don’t want to lose it of course! Fook no! ;) But the fact that it’s not PM or Botryitis means that it is likely types of mold that produce aflatoxins... not good and not to be messed with.

but if there’s any risk i just can’t risk it.
Good call, Amy...Tough decision, but really the only option to maintain a clear conscience
and your peace of mind.
Hope the PS tests "clean" for you- you need little good news today :hug:

Back
Top Bottom