Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

I'm so disappointed to learn of your crop failure :( , but it seems you have put it into proper perspective. This journal has been much more than just growing some meds this year, and I am grateful for it. :love:

I therefore have to reconsider how I grow outside.
You might have to consider switching to growing autos for your outdoor season. Maybe you could get two cycles in before the weather turns.

Hi folks,
Happy Easter all and I hope everyone is doing fine during this time of crisis.

I hope a soul here can enlighten me because I'm a bit at a lost here... I've been searching the forum all afternoon.. Could anyone point me in the right direction on getting information/support on reducing mental health meds using cannabis?
Sorry for hijacking this thread again Amy! :circle-of-love:

I haven't seen one here personally.

This may cause some blowback, but I think that getting off mental health meds with cannabis is a much more difficult task than pain meds, because of how individual each person's endocannabinoid system is. Also, there are many different types of issues that folks might be taking the meds for: depression, bi-polar, anxiety, schizophrenia, etc.

Some folks find that THC exacerbates depression, others find it more uplifting. Some folks find that sativa strains make them manic, some the opposite. Sometimes it can be something specifically related to the terpene profile in a strain that helps/hinders their mood.

The only thing that I've seen agreement on is that higher doses of CBD can alleviate anxiety.

I'd ask SweetSue that question in the place she hangs out most:

but remember that everyone has their biases, including me!

I haven't seen one here personally.

This may cause some blowback, but I think that getting off mental health meds with cannabis is a much more difficult task than pain meds, because of how individual each persons endocannabinoid system is. Also, there are many different types of issues that folks might be taking the meds for: depression, bi-polar, anxiety, schizophrenia, etc.

Some folks find that THC exacerbates depression, others find it more uplifting. Some folks find that sativa strains make them manic, some the opposite. Sometimes it can be something specifically related to the terpene profile in a strain that helps/hinders their mood.

The only thing that I've seen agreement on is that higher doses of CBD can alleviate anxiety.

I'd ask SweetSue that question in the place she hangs out most:

but remember that everyone has their biases, including me!
Thank you Shed, this is really helpful. I know everything related to mental help is tricky and am aware of the risks involved.. but I'm still VERY curious... I appreciate your answer. Will reach out to SweetSue. Thank you! :Namaste:

Hi folks,
Happy Easter all and I hope everyone is doing fine during this time of crisis.

I hope a soul here can enlighten me because I'm a bit at a lost here... I've been searching the forum all afternoon.. Could anyone point me in the right direction on getting information/support on reducing mental health meds using cannabis?
Sorry for hijacking this thread again Amy! :circle-of-love:

Good afternoon, Flump and welcome to 420. It can be a very confusing website to find your way around. I've been a member for 4 years and I haven't even seen half of it.

I found the Mental Health medical marijuana forum for you. Here's the link:

Mental Health

Best of luck to you.

:circle-of-love:

Hi folks :)

Nice to see the conversation continuing, and relevantly, while I had a little mental health hiatus :Namaste: .

I think I‘d agree w Shed about the difficultly of making any general statements about cannabis and mental health meds. A very personal matrix - even more so than other uses I think.

I can say, though, that CBD is a far more useful med for managing the symptoms and roller coasters of bipolar than the anti-depressants or anti-psych meds, but it’s not the only thing in the picture. It’s the only thing I take regularly everyday for it though. I also use low doses of a high quality Kava root extract on days where the manics are strong and/or anxiety is kicking my but.

THC is awesome but the dosage is more important - microdoses are the way to here, and definitley the way to start.

THC consumed at recreational levels over long periods can seemingly lead to more manics... but it’s not 100% clear to me whether that causes them or simply makes it a bit trickier to manage them.

I use both for pain as well so my particular context/paradigm/regime is particular to me.

I think, dear @Flump , it’s going to be a matter of making sure your support network is fairly good and making some adventures into it yourself. It would help to have a med practitioner who knew a bit about it but that’s likely a long shot! Just a practitioner who wasnt against it would be a start :)

composting the carnage of any use?
High keltic... not w any mould on it. All the best advice is to solarise and dispose of anything w mould.

Most home composts don’t get hot enough (I know mine doesn’t) to eliminate the moulds so composting it could introduce unwanted nasties to the soil and just keep cycling them through the garden. I’m embarking on some reading about pathogens and moulds in soil in case I need to investigate the integrity of my outdoor soil.

Meanwhile, the indoor grow preparations are in full swing... :slide:

:high-five: :high-five::high-five:... oh and this too! :hug: I’m not usually big on hugs but it seems a special occasion :hug:

I missed you two too! And many others :)

I made a new batch of my Bubba Hash Starbursts recently and had the added advantage that my new carer is a former professional chef (and pastry chef) so they were able to really make em right! They are super smooth and I made them a bit weaker so I can eat them during the day. I’m finding their pain killing effects very very good and at about 8mg, a nice gentle euphoria happiness occupies my base
:meditate:

A great 4/20 month I’m having indeed.
946F9F98-509D-4412-ABF9-65BA2340514C.jpeg

I’ve remembered something important about this @Flump ... when first using the CBD on its own I took a small dose, about 4mg, and it made me super manic :eek: in a somewhat euphoric way but not at all stoned or high euphoric, just the manic euphoric, right...? Not great!

I had thankfully just learned that CBD is “bi-phasic“ which means that a higher dose can have an opposite effect to a lower one. This made me decide to try doubling the dose and it was great.

So if you (or whoever it is needing this info) start w CBD and the manics happen, don’t panic! It might feel counter-intuitive at the time but try having more and/or doubling the dose next time :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom