Amygdala's LED Grow

No I am not sorry, But thanks for the help :) Did some supercropping today trying to dial in my temps in my tent;

Oh, ok. I know a Amy G who lives in Ontario and always uses that Mr miyagi term "whipe on wipe off" She is also a grower so I thought maybe you (needle in a haystack) might be her lol . :-|

If you are still wondering what to do about defoliation and fim/topping. I first topped my plants and when the new tops started to form then I defoliated little. I just took the larger leaves away what was blocking the light. I left all the bottom leaves because they weren't blocking any new growth. After the new growth were way larger I defoliated lollipopped super cropped and topped again.

Whatever you decide to do all be doing some comparisons.

Good luck.

Ok guys I Really appreciaite the feedback,
As I said before im doing some LST and Supercropping with one of the Critical Kush's.
This girl is gonna be a project :D The Winters Coming!!!!!! Im calling this my Winter Bonsai Tree
Check her out I got her to almost lay down and now the vertical growth is going to be crazy (not sure how to put that in gardening terms yet)
I broke one outdoor plant once and learned the hard way that after the break she grew back bigger and stronger....Wait for this knot to form whoooo Getting ready to hit her with Azomite, Vermi Extract and maybe a little mycor for root support in these big 10 Gals.
What do you guys think? I feel bad hurting this bitch but I know she is going to come back even stronger and better. Plants are like People :)
Pinched her hard here two days ago
GEDC00812.JPG

GEDC00832.JPG

Almost got her to Lay down, I cant wait to see her explode now, I also Topped one of the nodes
GEDC00843.JPG
GEDC00902.JPG

Any advice my friends?

What would happen If I Ran my LEDs 23/24 hours On for a week or two?
Is it better to let the plants rest for the 18/6 or can I do 20/4?
Also using a local product that I found tucked away in a grow store comes locally made and bottled in a little coke bottle Vermi eXtract it's called. I will be using this and some azomite next feeding perhaps a little more Mycor for the big 10 Gals roots.
I use about 3 tblsp and mix to a color of light tea, I have no other Nutes and am hoping to keep this grow literally ALL organic I am using the Happy Frog Soil and Ocean Forest mix so the soil has nutes in it but I believe they are only good for a few weeks then need to add your own? Moving forward here
you guys think this will be sufficient? I have a nice PH balanced well water but I need to check the PPMs and see if it is hard water , Leaving it out for 24 hours will also help to distill the water right?

What would happen If I Ran my LEDs 23/24 hours On for a week or two?
Is it better to let the plants rest for the 18/6 or can I do 20/4?
Also using a local product that I found tucked away in a grow store comes locally made and bottled in a little coke bottle Vermi eXtract it's called. I will be using this and some azomite next feeding perhaps a little more Mycor for the big 10 Gals roots.
I use about 3 tblsp and mix to a color of light tea, I have no other Nutes and am hoping to keep this grow literally ALL organic I am using the Happy Frog Soil and Ocean Forest mix so the soil has nutes in it but I believe they are only good for a few weeks then need to add your own? Moving forward here
you guys think this will be sufficient? I have a nice PH balanced well water but I need to check the PPMs and see if it is hard water , Leaving it out for 24 hours will also help to distill the water right?
You will want some organic nutes for when these babies get to flower, if they need it before then they will let you know!
I would leave it 18/6, ladies need their beauty sleep. It helps them recharge.

Nice to see you here and looks like you have some help already. You need to get away from them and let them grow. You're typical of a new grower, just sit back and relax. Stick to 18/6 - we all need rest. Think of them like tomato plants,, first six weeks they're pretty slow. I don't care what they're doing up top, assuming they're green, healthy, and showing little growth. I want massive root development to grow big flowers.

I like and use all the techniques you're using. I take 30% of all lower growth, on a weekly basis to encourage big buds. Good root development; water when dry, not when it appears dry, and routine pruning, combined with super cropping gets big bushes. That's all I know ;) I mean grow. :volcano-smiley:

I keep my LED's in veg about two feet. In bloom I'll get down to a foot. ALL LED's are different so stay away/what manufacturer recommend, and dial them in once you read the plants and know the lights better.

Happy to hear the stuff I gave you is being put to use. Remember pay it forward.:circle-of-love:

I'm subscribed. Not around as much, but always lurking. ;)

:420:

thanks MMM she is now laying on her side and I think i pinched er too hard Very little watering needed with those 10gals as well. Time to just leave them alone for a while for sure

I've taped them up with only a bit holding on and they bounce back. But, you gotta be hands off as much as you're on. Good luck. ;)

Plants need their sleep. There is some processes going on in dark periods. You could run 20/4 and i think they would grow just fine. (I used that the first 3 weeks. I'm gradually rising the dark period before I jump in to flowering period.) I have read that you need at least 5h of darkness to get the needed rest for the best results. If the lights were on 24/7 I also think they would grow but how good I don't know.

I agree plants need dark.18/6 start to finish will be peach for ur ladies.and glad ur doing the hands off approach for abit.ur plantsd will thank u for this all in good time;)good job

Ok so they are now sleeping 18/6 and I have been getting some bushy plants! they're growing short and stocky so far, As you can see :) The CK that was supercropped is mending.... they arent asking for water and its still very wet under the soils surface so I watered a small amount yesterday with some Vermi Extract and they seemd to have responded very well. Im only doing like 2 gals water every 4-5 days right now, I have Fimmed and Topped both the 707 and CK so we shall wee how they come out, The IG was a slow started but i got her very young Here is a few pics :D Again any and all advice appreciated
GEDC01114.JPG

Here is a side shot of them ,

I have Also started foliar feeding them a neutral ph with a small amount of Vermi Extract, they seem to like it :)
Here are some close ups of the untouched Critical Kush, shes gettn bush :p
GEDC01073.JPG

Top View
GEDC01083.JPG

Ur garden is looking sweet good work;) my first time using led on my current grow 6 weeks in.and i agree tight nodes i noticed straight away under led.u will soon have a jungle of buds;) keep up the good work;)

Thanks Beast. Looking forward to it.
They arent asking for much water at all but they perk right up when i feed them.
They are big 10 Gal smart pots so im sure that doesnt help-
I try to water when the top soil is dry but im noticing that the soil is still very wet under the surface,
I have begun Foliar feeding and that seems to be helping alot

Looks good, steady, tight nodes is great, shows they're hunting for water,, and the LED's help. What temps you run lights on, and off? With LED's you want to run the space a bit warmer, I run my room 85-90 on, around 70 off. With HPS I didn't like to be over 85, closer to 80 is where I would be.

One other thing I like to do is raise my lights as far up as possible, and bring my plants to them. Don't be wrong it's a little PIA, but, the room temps for my cans at three feet high, are warmer then,, the ground,, so, the roots are warm, or exposed or warmer air,, and the pot drys quicker.

My two cents. Keep on staying green ;)

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom