Amyloid Disease

Oldgrowth

I've been hassling systemic amyloid disease 10 years now, and with a recent diagnosis of cardiac myopathy the long siege is nearly over. Thickening of the rt ventrical fairly soon will cause a fatal stroke. Too old for a transplant and too sick most likely. Covid has me locked in for the likely duration. No bucket list proceedings, no escape for an experimental treatment. End of life gets complicated. I have several pounds of excellent cured cannabis and now may only consume via edibles (heart/lung issues). I'm trying to figure out how to distribute what's left from 2019, and what eventually manifests in 2020, tho maybe not to me. I long for the forest of green out back for one more time at least.

This post is intended to inform, possibly exemplify but never to whine. Things are what they are. I have no fear of death but I am damned sick of this method of termination. (There are several types of amyloid disease but this cardiac type has the worst prognosis. Duuh.)

Very sorry to hear that prognosis old chum...you've enriched my tenure on this site. A lot.

Into the wild blue yonder, we all go, time to be determined.

Grow on!

Update: I've entered Hospice (that has much to recommend it I am finding. Kin will harvest and then ...?) Some of yez, I would not dare to try to name, are so thoughtful and spot on. Thank You. Sorry to hijack your thread a little Andi but it felt a fitting way to say goodbye, and I promise I will never hijack again.

I am at peace dears, as much as at
any other time I can recall. I still can walk a
bit w/ help and garden w/ some physical support.
I'm growing this year w/o thoughts of harvest that others have promised to help.
But now w/ May not done there are 4 beauties out back that promise
an oasis of green by July.

Back
Top Bottom