Anchorage Medical Marijuana support group

We have been certifying patients in Hawaii and Nevada for years. We are thinking of expanding our services to Alaska. We would like to know if there is a need for our services. We are a medical team of MD, social worker, RN and support staff. If we get enough interest then we will set up regular clinics in Anchorage.

We are based in Hawaii.

Matthew Brittain, LCSW
There is interest but much harassment. The doctors I have approached tell me that they have had their licenses to practice medicine threatened by the state show they are too fearful to go thru the long process of giving mmj cards.

Hey everyone! new to the site, but definitly an advocate. Looking for more info on how obtain a card myself. its not so much that i need to find a caregiver, just looking for an easier way for me to have a couple plants in my basement. ANYONE IN EAGLE RIVER?? some DOCs are kinda lame out here huh? i talked to a DOC about my spina bifida and spasms that ive had in my back for YEARS i cant even stress that enough, its been on my back for damn near 14 years nows, im only 23. Im also severyly ADD haha believe or not, but alot of us are. anyways, i smoke EVERYDAY before work, i cant go to work without smoking, and that was the same for when i was in school. if i go to work without smoking at least a bowl, im an ass. I work in a kitchen, so youd think you might wanna be sober for this. Im the head cook, never got written up once for being dumb, best worker they got, AND ITS ALL THANKS TO MJ. bottom line, hook it up DOCs, if anything, you start siging these documents for everyone, and there might be some publicity on your part. seriously. GUARANTEE the first doctor to go public and say " i sign paperwork for MMJ" he or she will be FAMOUS in anchorage and matsu valley. Yea, it might hinder your career a tadin the "doctor" community, but think about what youre doing for THIS community.

ty

Hey everyone! new to the site, but definitly an advocate. Looking for more info on how obtain a card myself. its not so much that i need to find a caregiver, just looking for an easier way for me to have a couple plants in my basement. ANYONE IN EAGLE RIVER?? some DOCs are kinda lame out here huh? i talked to a DOC about my spina bifida and spasms that ive had in my back for YEARS i cant even stress that enough, its been on my back for damn near 14 years nows, im only 23. Im also severyly ADD haha believe or not, but alot of us are. anyways, i smoke EVERYDAY before work, i cant go to work without smoking, and that was the same for when i was in school. if i go to work without smoking at least a bowl, im an ass. I work in a kitchen, so youd think you might wanna be sober for this. Im the head cook, never got written up once for being dumb, best worker they got, AND ITS ALL THANKS TO MJ. bottom line, hook it up DOCs, if anything, you start siging these documents for everyone, and there might be some publicity on your part. seriously. GUARANTEE the first doctor to go public and say " i sign paperwork for MMJ" he or she will be FAMOUS in anchorage and matsu valley. Yea, it might hinder your career a tadin the "doctor" community, but think about what youre doing for THIS community.

ty
I'm not in Eagle river but in the matsu valley; no docs with balls here either. They tell me they will lose their license to practice medicine in the state if they even try to put the paperwork thru. It's the republican's way around the will of the people.

Apparently there were 4 docs in the state at one time but they either left for other states or retired is what I've been told by life long residents. Wish I could get some meds much less enough for every day! Lucky you!

Well from what I'm seeing on this board someone knows of one doc whom is left nameless. 24 plants legally without card, or 6 plants with a card, of which only 3 can be mature.

Smoke it with a card and if you get caught you still have to fight a battle and waste time and money. Oh, and your name is on state computers....

Smoke it without a card and keep your mouth shut and don't tell all your friends and everything is fine nobody knows anything....

hmmm...

I don't think I even have to smoke to ponder this one long enough to pick the right answer.

I am a card holder and there is what a little over 300 people in the state with cards...! :hmmmm:
Why can't you find a Doctors and no it is not easy to find 1... :yummy:
Please don't get me wrong, Some people should not have 1 and the 1's that really need it can't fine 1....:hmmmm:
I have had a card for 5 yrs now and two Doctors because 1 left the state and I was in the same boat as most of you looking for a Doc what a bitch it was but I did find 1 all I can say is keep looking don't stop looking "you will find 1..." :hug:

MV... ;)

I am a card holder and there is what a little over 300 people in the state with cards...! :hmmmm:
Why can't you find a Doctors and no it is not easy to find 1... :yummy:
Please don't get me wrong, Some people should not have 1 and the 1's that really need it can't fine 1....:hmmmm:
I have had a card for 5 yrs now and two Doctors because 1 left the state and I was in the same boat as most of you looking for a Doc what a bitch it was but I did find 1 all I can say is keep looking don't stop looking "you will find 1..." :hug:

MV... ;)
Hey mv
I quit I think this card is a joke! if there are no docs nor dispensaries then what's the point; than to put my name on some govt. list? I'll just be a criminal in pain and near death! Screw it I can't even find any meds anyways its been dry, dry, dry!!! The grow shop that I was hoping to get a clipping from closed down last month so I'm screwed that way and my pain has just been getting worse. I have diabetic neuropathy it feels like someone is holding a blow torch to the bones in my hands and feet! I am tired of this stupid talk I need relief from life!!! Now!!!

Yes the card is a joke until you get pulled over or a cop knocks on your door then the joke is f##king over... :whoa:
I know 4 a fact"... :surrender:
When the pricks came to my house and I was looking @ 26 years me and my wife what a bad f##king joke it was but that card save my @ss and my wife... :adore:
You don't want it, don't get it. That's on you and so is the time, if you get caught... it is, what it is... :cheer:
What I want to know is why don't Alaska have any medical marijuana dispensaries for the 1's that do have cards can any 1 answer this 4 me...? :popcorn:
Thank you... :rollit:

MV... ;)

I know ive asked that question too and got no answer.....hey why dont you start MVs dispensary and cafe just like they have in Oregon. That would be the shiznit! :Rasta: its really a shame that our stupid laws have us too afraid to do anything, because we might get caught, and people like oldthumber suffer because we cant use a plant, at least we can still buy beans...mine got to me in about a week, fast and stealthy.

Right on man! that would be soooo coool, let us know what you find out.....who would know the answer? your doctor? alaska normal? good luck i dont see why we cant have one just about every state that has MMJ also has dispensaries....I sure hope california legalizes, then things will really loosen up a lot i think....... lets see.... you could call it, "matanuska valleys Compassionate care clinic and herbal cafe" LOL

This is all I can find Heavyherb on it... :hmmmm:

E. Growing/Dispensing Collectives and Cooperatives

The Alaska State medical marijuana law does not allow for Dispensing Collectives or Cooperatives. Specifically, a patient, primary caregiver, or alternate caregiver may not sell or distribute marijuana to any person, except that a patient may deliver marijuana to the patient's primary caregiver and a primary caregiver may deliver marijuana to the patient for whom the caregiver is listed.

oh man that really sucks dude....i guess thats why we dont have any up here, I wonder how we can get this law changed? oh and how does one become a care giver? I could become a care giver and grow for you and others legally, that would be cool.
Hey Thanks for checking that out man

Caregivers are like CNA's and CMA's, or other such medical caregivers that are certified to to give at least a minimum of medical care but mostly practical care for the bed ridden or those who can no longer take care of their own daily needs.

There is supposed to be a medical marijuana clinic in June in Alaska. I found this on the Anchorage Craigslist under events:

6/1-6/15: Medical Marijuana Clinic in June (Anchorage-Fairbanks)

We are a medical team (MD, RN, LCSW, clerical support) with plans to open a Medical Marijuana clinic in June. We are not a dispensary; we will help you to get your Alaska state certificate to grow your own. You must qualify with a pre-existing severe health problem (cancer, HIV, glaucoma, severe pain, seizures, severe cramping (this includes asthma), severe nausea or cachexia (wasting syndrome).

The American Medical Association (AMA) recently announced that marijuana should be re-classified under the Federal guideline as a therapeutic drug, and President Obama recently announced that States are free to pursue their Medical Marijuana programs with no Federal interference.

Alaska does indeed allow for the legal use of marijuana for medical reasons.

Now is the time to feel free to get legal.

thanks
I sent an email hope this is legit and not some scam. I have been looking for a doc for 3 years now and had lost hope of ever being legal (if I was ever to find some mmj that is).

I think so the group is out of Hawaii but not knowing the name of the group I think I threw the link away. I thought it was just more junk.

Anyways they want to have at least 100 patients ready and waiting before they will show up as they are taking a big chance on losing their licenses. They want you to acquire your medical records and send in an application. If you respond to the craigslist thing would you please resend me the link when you get it?

I think so the group is out of Hawaii but not knowing the name of the group I think I threw the link away. I thought it was just more junk.

Anyways they want to have at least 100 patients ready and waiting before they will show up as they are taking a big chance on losing their licenses. They want you to acquire your medical records and send in an application. If you respond to the craigslist thing would you please resend me the link when you get it?

They emailed me back and said that they decided to cancel as their is not enough interest........Maybe next time.

Recently my step-father was diagnosed with Mesothelioma, and after my family already dealing with the death of my father from cancer we decided to be proactive. First thing was to get the paper work from the doctor. The day we were going to ask the doctor about the application for the license he actually asked if we had tried it yet. We filled out the paper work and sent it in. About a week after we filed it I noticed I seemed to be on every cops watch list. For about four days I seemed to have been followed every time I left my house, I also noted the two times friends were pulled over right after leaving my neighborhood during the two weeks after filing the paperwork. Since then I have had no issues. The one time I was pulled over on the way home with medicine I showed the officer my medical license and he happily let me go. From what I understand state law says you can ONLY be a caretaker for family. State law prohibits giving medication to anyone other then family, and the license is only valid while the patient is alive.

Tonight I noticed an add in the Anchorage Press for the Anchorage Medical Marijuana Clinic. I plan on heading down there next week to check it out. I will post more information once I get home.

Back
Top Bottom