Anna's 3rd Time's A Charm: Fresh Start, Dr Kripplings

Ouch. Sorry to hear about your seedlings. :( If it is nutrient burn they may recover??

My main grow going ok. 4 plants in flower and doing well.

Did a test of the seeds from my first grow as want to work out % female. 26 out of 40 popped and into jiffy pots.

However.. :( quite a few seem to have dies off. Only have 8 or 10 that will make it to the transplant stage i think.

Maybe should have left them to get more of a taproot before into the jiffy?? Anyhow, will pot the survivors on tomorrow and re-arrange in the spacebox. Was hoping to do a quick "sea of green type grow but if fewer plants will vege long enough to top them once (at about 4 nodes) then flip to 12/12 a week later. Will be small plants, but will know if i have gotten all females. :)

The important thing is don't give up. I had a rough start with my seedlings on my second grow cause I accidentally gave them full strength flo nutes that I had set a side for a flowering plant lol. Burned everyone of my 10 autos up. I was in soil on my first two runs and now that I'm trying coco I re like it. I see myself growing in coco for years to come lol...️

Hey Anna that sucks about the nute burn. May I suggest only watering with something like seasol for the first week or so (pHed to 6ish) and then after you see a few sets or notice the leaves paling from the centre out, instead of edges in (nute burn) start feeding. Always better to underfeed, then over do it.

Seasol will help them establish plenty of roots as seedlings. Plants will thank you .

Thanks so much to all you lovely 420ites for giving me the diagnosis and suggestions for correcting the problem! I’m always amazed by this community and its willingness to help. I was actually feeling a little defeated prior to reading these posts. But now I’ve got a new, gentler nute plan (& back to using good ol’ Aussie ‘Seasol’ - which I’d forgotten about this Grow) - I’ve regained a little confidence.
Many thanks & Respect

Hey you....hows it going?? Me, plants doing well i think. Am going to harvest my main tent in 3-4 weeks, and my experimental spacebox grow from what i hope ios feminised seed seems to finally be showing flowering activity. Photos over at my current journal.

Going to shut down a while after that, probably till July. Think that i may be getting temp issues with the end of this grow. :( Recording consistent over 35 degrees during the day. :(

Anyhow, hope all going well after the nute burn hiccup. Seeyahs!

Hey there! Just been reading your post, hope you dont mind if I hang about?
I actually had your problem when I first started. Its frustrating to know exactly when to start feeding seedlings, but there is an easy fix! If possible, you should purchase a seedling or clone solution :). A single product that will give your seedlings only what they need in their early stages without having to add real nutrients like A n B etc.
I use Accent Seed'n'Clone solution at 5mls per litre, which works out to be around 350-400 PPMs. Some people use liquid seaweed products, of which there are hundreds, which are deadset perfect for early seedling growth. I have a liquid seaweed product that I am considering using for veg so I dont have to keep mixing up all my nutes for 2 different tents

Oh! And I have had seedlings that I burnt with too strong nutes before. I flushed the small coco pots they were in with a weaker seedling solution, took them 1 week to become unstalled, but as soon as new growth popped out they were good as new. Dont throw them out or give up on them just yet haha!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom