Anna's 3rd Time's A Charm Journal

Annabanana

So..my foray into indoor growing has been a journey of thrills and....kills. My GrowNumberOne was a bevy of BigBuds and Chinook Hazes that when one had a hermaphroditism issue 2 weeks before finishing - I panicked and mistook swollen calyxes on the rest of the plants as male bits...and ripped the 17 others up.

My GrowNumberTwo of BigBud xxl and 47xtrm's was looking lovely until week 4 of Flower when my ec/ppm reader died at the same time as I changed nute brands and I killed them all with a mix so strong it cooked them all. Why did I not replace the ppm reader? Well, I live in the most isolated city on the planet and unless I want to pay $80 for one from a hydroponic shop a half hour drive away, ordering the same one for $20 on eBay takes 2 weeks to arrive. By which time I'd already killed them.

So here's the plan:

SPACE: Grow Tent of 4 square meters for Flower. Veg Tent of 1.2 square meters
NUMBER: 20 plants in quick SOG hoping for harvest before Christmas
STRAIN: C99 x Blueberry
MEDIUM: Coco
LIGHTS: 3 x MEIZHI's 900W (true draw of 405W) 1 x GOLDEN RING L4 840W (true draw 395W). I had 2 x HPS 600W lights but have swapped them out due to their heat issue.
POTS: 5 gallon Fabric Pots and 11 litre Airpots
WATERING: Hand watering, drain to waste, mixing nutes in buckets with air stones
NUTRIENTS: AN pH Perfect Micro, Grow, Bloom
ADDITIVES: AN Piranha, Tarantula, B-52, Big Bud (Coco), Carbo Load, Rhino Skin, Sensizyme, Bud Candy,
Overdrive, Bud Ignitor, Bud Factor X, H&G Roots Excelurator, Seasol, Cal/Mag by Bloom
ENVIRONMENT: 4 x small fans for Veg. 2 x large, mega strong fans for flower.
1 x 6 inch exhaust sucking air out through a filter from the top of the tent.
The Flower Tent is in an air-conditioned room with 14 foot ceilings. If I need a dehumidifier, I will
order one from eBay.

I have been using rainwater whenever possible but with the brutal Australian Summer approaching I've bought a Reverse Osmosis filter. My tap water here has a ppm of 320 so I try to avoid using it.

I will be trying to post photos everyday so some of them won't be very exciting! And being new to indoor growing and this being my first ever journal - please feel free to offer advice, suggestions and correct me if I am making blatant mistakes. I won't take it personally or be offended. In fact, learning from the many experienced indoor growers on this fantastic site is my main incentive for journaling this grow.

So, I've planted the seeds yesterday and here they are;
31935927-C64F-428A-9E71-A75E3B79AC91.jpeg
7EC54D27-B127-40FB-B23C-14C9D3F49E49.jpeg

So those photos were a few visual aids to document just a few of the myriad of mistakes I made during my first and second attempts at indoor growing. They’re in loose chronological order. The 3rd last shot is one of the casualties of The Great Nutrient Burn of 7/2017.
Not a pretty sight. They even smelled horribly burnt.

Hey Annabanana, subbed in. Practice makes perfect, you got it this time! A journal can really help you stay on top of things and help if you have any issues come up. Good luck :)

Hey Anna, glad you have a new journal up and running. Remember if you use RO water and led lights supplement with extra calmag. Its close to impossible to give to much calmag but a deficiency will stop you in your tracks. .

Hey Anna, glad you have a new journal up and running. Remember if you use RO water and led lights supplement with extra calmag. Its close to impossible to give to much calmag but a deficiency will stop you in your tracks. .
I’d never heard that before! I was following some old feeding schedule I’d found that reckons not to take it over 150 ppm regardless of what ppm the water begins with (rainwater in my previous grows). So thanks, PW!! And I appreciate you stopping by my journal intro! It won’t be very interesting for awhile, so don’t feel obliged to check in on the reg! Respect.

Grows fascinate me from seedling to harvest. As far as ppm i just try to keep it at a set maximum. Like right now my big males are loving 600ppm. I add 2ml calmag to every fresh batch of nutes regardless.

:thumb: I'm subbed, this is going to be a great grow,I can feel it in the air.
like you said "third times a charm".:woohoo::Namaste:

3rd times a charm! :) Good to see your journal setup and seeds are already poppin'! I am subbed and can not wait to see what Christmas brings.:surf::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy:

Those are a bunch little Christmas trees.

Best of Luck

I'll be sitting in on this one. Hopefully you can get this grow to final harvest. Atleast with a few mistakes already under your belt you should be better equipped to handle any further complications. Not to mention all the assistance from fellow 420 growers. And it should be really interesting to see the genetic variation in expression for 20 (weren't you only going to germ 16?) of the same strain.

Thanks for all of your support, my 420 mates! It’s definitely the most valuable asset I’ve got in the potential success of GrowNumber3. Even AN can’t bottle that!! (If they did, PW & I would’ve bought some already)
No germination action to speak of but I’m not panicking - yet. A little patience and a little optimism required at this early stage.

C814E6CE-47EC-41C9-94B9-BB434014E737.jpeg
5897C6DB-73BC-4D37-9479-C7676DF42439.jpeg
1D7D3DA0-9885-4088-B2C2-E1AD017D8711.jpeg

I'll be sitting in on this one. Hopefully you can get this grow to final harvest. Atleast with a few mistakes already under your belt you should be better equipped to handle any further complications. Not to mention all the assistance from fellow 420 growers. And it should be really interesting to see the genetic variation in expression for 20 (weren't you only going to germ 16?) of the same strain.

I hadn’t considered that, Nightmask. But yep..it will be interesting. Also because there’s 19 x ‘C99xBlueberry’ seeds and 1 ‘PowerAfricaFAST’ seed amongst them. Foolishly, I made a rookie mistake and mixed it in immediately before thinking, “Shitter...I should’ve labeled it”.
So I’m curious if it’s gonna be distinguishable enough to identify later. Not by me...but by one of the far more experienced and knowledgeable 420ite growers. What do you reckon?

3rd times a charm! :) Good to see your journal setup and seeds are already poppin'! I am subbed and can not wait to see what Christmas brings.:surf::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy:

Those are a bunch little Christmas trees.

Best of Luck

Thanks, Lucky. Grateful to have you. This journal was inspired by you (and a few others) but no one encouraged me more than you. And your exciting new journal is definitely one of my sources for ideas!:idea::xmas:

:thumb: I'm subbed, this is going to be a great grow,I can feel it in the air.
like you said "third times a charm".:woohoo::Namaste:

Hey Dynamo. Love the name btw! (This growing hobby is definitely dynamic!) I appreciate your support so please feel free to make suggestions/corrections etc. Im an old outdoor grower trying to move indoors but it's much more complicated! But it makes it more challenging and exciting, I guess. Respect.

Thanks, PW. I know you're a super busy dude, so for you to stop the by my 1st rookie attempt at a journal AND to give me some useful information has honestly really warmed my heart. Respect.

I hadn't considered that, Nightmask. But yep..it will be interesting. Also because there's 19 x 'C99xBlueberry' seeds and 1 'PowerAfricaFAST' seed amongst them. Foolishly, I made a rookie mistake and mixed it in immediately before thinking, "Shitter...I should've labeled it".
So I'm curious if it's gonna be distinguishable enough to identify later. Not by me...but by one of the far more experienced and knowledgeable 420ite growers. What do you reckon?

Hah this made me laugh. Get all them seeds planted and only after do you think "s*** I should have labeled them, now there's a single Power Africa hidden somewhere in all these C99xBB. Where are ya you little b*****d." You didn't even have to label 20 plants, just one. How much did you have to smoke before planting? Will be interesting to see how easy or not so easy it is to spot growing in that glorious sea of green you'll have growing soon.

Back
Top Bottom