Anomoly's 1100 Watt HID - LED Hydro/Soil Grow - Multi Strain Indicas

Anomoly23

Whats Up guys and Gals, Like I said I have been working on a hydro grow and here it is Welcome!!:slide::slide:Finally got all the components of the room, hydro system and other things in order and got it running today. The DWC system is homemade by me:bitingnails:I hope all goes well, I put a fair amount of work into it so I will just hope for good luck:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck: I am using 5 air stones,3 Air pumps, and its in a 18 Gallon Tub only filled to 10-12 gallons. My Main air stone is the Deepwater Innovations Micro-Pore Oxygen Diffuser XL, I have 2 top fin 2.5 inch circular air stones and two 6 inch cheapo air stones. The Tub is covered in two layers of foil for insulation and light resistance. Right now I have an old 600 Watt with Standard Reflector, but when my Main soil grow finishes here in week or two I am moving the air-cooled system and my 2 PG 250 LEDs to the room as well. This will be a total of 1100 watts, as of now its 600.:tokin::tokin: I got 4 clones That I was going to put out side but decided to put them Here until further changes:tokin::tokin::tokin:I went Crazy at the coop with clones and against what I say I am going to do all the time I got a bunch of different strains:tokin::tokin: But they are all at least indicas. Here are Some Specs and pics, I hope you enjoy. :Rasta::Rasta::Rasta:

STRAINS
All Are 100% Indicas
Clones Transplanted to Hydro DWC System:
2X Pure Kush
1X Ojai OG
1X Space Queen (Romulan X Cinderella 99)
Clones Transplanted to soil
1X Hindu Kush
1X Gods Gift
1X Don Corleon
1X DJ Blue
Current Status of grow:
Just transplanted Clones today and I am going to ween them off 24 hour light. I will start by taking off an hour every one to two days until I reach 18/6 Light cycle.
Soil/Hydro Mediums
Mediums I am using are Happy Frog organic for soil plants/ Easy Green Hydroton Pebbles for Hydro. The soil plants are in 2 gallon tall pots.
Size of light
Air cooled 600 Watt Aggro Max MH Conversion For Veg Rated 66,000 Lumens/600Watt Solarmax HPS For flowering Rated at 95,000 Lumens/ 2 X Pro Grow 250 LED Lights. Currently its a standard 600 watt MH only but I am transferring my other lights to this grow after my Last grow ends and it will meet these specs.
Temp and R/H of Room/cab
75 Degrees/41% R/H
PH of media or res
6.7 Ph for Soil/5.8 for Hydro
Type and strength of ferts used
For the hydro I am using Botanicare CNS17 commercial grow formula for VEG and Bloom, I will also Be adding CaL/Mag, and another Botanicare supplement called sweet. I will probably use some other stuff but these will be my main nutes. For the soil I will be using sensi grow and sweet for veg and sensi bloom and atami bloombastic for flower. I will also be adding Cal/Mag for soil and some superthrive.
Here are pictures and it should explain the rest:surf::surf:
Nutrients:
IMG_66511.JPG

Hydro Media:
IMG_66521.jpg

Soil Media:
IMG_6675.jpg

Light/Micropore Air stone/Pumps/TDS PPM Meter and temp:
IMG_66531.JPG

Airstone Setup:
IMG_6644.JPG

Micro Pore In action Alone, not a full potential I need a bigger pump for this diffuser to work its best.
IMG_66401.JPG

IMG_6641.JPG

Got Bubbles?
IMG_6682.JPG

IMG_6681.JPG

Ladies Before there new Homes
IMG_66601.JPG

:slide::slide::slide:COME ON IN!!:slide::slide::slide:
IMG_66891.jpg

IMG_6690.JPG

IMG_6683.jpg

Soil Girls:
IMG_6688.JPG

Hydro Girls:
IMG_66841.JPG

IMG_6687.JPG

IMG_6685.JPG

Re: Anomoly's 1100 Watt HID/LED Hydro/Soil Grow/Multi Strain Indicas

Looks intresting - Im gonna keep my eyes on this grow - hope it goes well for you
Thanks for stopping in dig!! Sit back and enjoy, I am trying to balance this and two other grows/journals so I will try and keep it updated and up to date:thumb::thumb:
Woooo!! Lovin' the set-up! :goodluck:
Thanks SexyMomma! I worked hard on this whole set up and room so I am hoping that it pays off. :thumb::thumb::thumb: I hope all is going well with your grow Ill have to pop in and look.:slide::slide::slide:

Thanks SexyMomma! I worked hard on this whole set up and room so I am hoping that it pays off. :thumb::thumb::thumb: I hope all is going well with your grow Ill have to pop in and look.

The hard work you put in will definitely pay off, your girls are lookin' good! I was debating whether or not I was going to post new pics of mine today. In the last week they've become MASSIVE, but I think I'll hold off on pics another couple days until right before we put them outside.
I'm looking forward to seeing how your ladies turn out! :party:

So if I didnt have enough bubbles I added another pump today and two more 6 inch air stones.:bongrip::bongrip: That Makes 7 airstones. You can never have enough bubbles:surf::surf: The agitation and bubbles in the water is like a cannabis jacuzzi in there:slide::slide: Ph is staying steady at 5.8 and PPMs are right around 290-300.:thumb::thumb:

Very nice setup and I am excited to join for the journey....I would recommend putting up some mylar in your grow room or even just painting the walls white. You are losing a lot of light by the wood only reflecting between 30-50% of the light back to your plants. Throw up some mylar or painting the walls white will give you an increase of almost double the light your plants are receiving. Just my 2 cents!!! great setup otherwise and I'm excited to see how things grow!!

Very nice setup and I am excited to join for the journey....I would recommend putting up some mylar in your grow room or even just painting the walls white. You are losing a lot of light by the wood only reflecting between 30-50% of the light back to your plants. Throw up some mylar or painting the walls white will give you an increase of almost double the light your plants are receiving. Just my 2 cents!!! great setup otherwise and I'm excited to see how things grow!!

Thanks for dropping in Icemud and welcome:tokin::tokin::tokin: Great advice on the walls, I am currently waiting for my next paycheck so I can put up dry wall there on all four sides:slide::slide:. I was thinking about painting it but with all the fumes and moving I would have to do I thought it would be better to screw some dry wall in since I already had the clones coming on a set day.

...Sit back and enjoy, I am trying to balance this and two other grows/journals so I will try and keep it updated and up to date

Hahaha! Funny how that happens, isn't it? I've lost which grow is posted to what forum on many occasion.

Hey man, I wanna get a front row seat on this one. I'd love to follow along!

Great setup, if the rep system will allow me, I'm sending some now :)

Nice cab construction bro. Nice, clean and functional :thumb:
Thanks kannabisKid, thats pretty much what it was meant to be, simple and efficient.:high-five::high-five: I added some white wall type board around the hydro and potting area for some reflective light. I will probably post a small update and pics a bit later.:slide::slide:
Hahaha! Funny how that happens, isn't it? I've lost which grow is posted to what forum on many occasion.
Ya I do the Same, Maybe I got to smoke less.......No Im cool lol.
Hey man, I wanna get a front row seat on this one. I'd love to follow along!

Great setup, if the rep system will allow me, I'm sending some now :)

Thanks so much for dropping in Dirt, Happy to have you and welcome!!:cheer::cheer::cheer:Thanks for the rep as well I worked hard on this little alternate setup to my main grow so I am glad you all appreciate it. All input is welcome!!! I have not done a hydro grow in a while and I made this DWC myself:tokin::tokin::tokin: So I will probably need to reach out to you all :high-five::high-five:

Forgot to ask, what are the res temps at? The downfall for my DWC was the temps. Also, are you adding anything to the res like H2O2 or Hygrozyme?

The reason I bring it up is that I was using a smaller version of the same tote for my res and they warm up to ambient temps pretty quick and they will let light leak in. Glad to see that you wrapped it up :thumb:.

Again, great setup and good luck with jacuzzi tub, that's a LOT of bubbles ;)

-dime

Forgot to ask, what are the res temps at? The downfall for my DWC was the temps. Also, are you adding anything to the res like H2O2 or Hygrozyme?

The reason I bring it up is that I was using a smaller version of the same tote for my res and they warm up to ambient temps pretty quick and they will let light leak in. Glad to see that you wrapped it up :thumb:.

Again, great setup and good luck with jacuzzi tub, that's a LOT of bubbles ;)

-dime

Hey Dime thanks for the great question:cheer::cheer: I am not using HygroZyme or H2o2 at the moment mostly because of price on the Hygrozyme, that stuff is $80-90 And doing some research it seems that the H2O2 is is best used when you have Res temps that are kept above 73 degrees. That being said all my numbers are looking good right now, res temp has been steady 68 degrees even when under the light for full cycle during the day, so I don't think res temps will be to much an issue for me I hope:goodluck::goodluck: My PPM is 340 with R/O water of 20-40 ppm so my PPMs are about 300 Right now and the clones are unrooted so that should be perfect and my Ph I have kept exactly at 5.8. It has went up a little and I have had to adjust but that is natural from the plants releasing salts back into the water:cheer::cheer: The one thing I am not sure on is the level my water should be on my DWC right now while the clones are unrooted. I have heard so many different opinions but eventually came to the conclusion that before roots show the netpot should be submerged 1-3'' below the water level. I had it right to the bottom of the netpot at begining but yesterday It looks as if they were showing signs of underwatering and when I moved some of the hydroton to see if the rock woll was even moist , and it was bone dry:thedoubletake::thedoubletake:
So Last Night I moved the water level up to about 2'' above the bottom of the net pot and I am hoping that will be high enough to disperse water to the upper levels of the plant. I dont know I will have to wait and see I guess.

Very nice setup Anomoly!!! I got my popcorn and lazyboy ready to sit back and watch!!! I never have grown hydro before and I am only on my first soil grow but would definitely suggest spending a little bit on some hygrowzyme and also humic acid for your soil... From what I have read, the happiest plants thrive in the most bio active soils and adding hygrowzyme and humic acid will greatly improve the activity in your growing medium. Also pick up some seaweed extract....adding that with the humic acid is a great foliar spray and from everything I have read will make a large difference on your plant growth. Can't wait to watch your ladies grow up and show there full beauty!!! nice setup and I am tuned in!!

Oh and I am kind of a botanist dork as well and I looked at the ingredients to hygrozyme:tokin::tokin: It looks like great stuff but to be honest if you do some research a lot of the enzymes are not even active or have no affect in the Ph range that most Hydro is grown in. While I am sure it would still be beneficial I have a hard time using something thats $90 that I will not get benefit from all the ingredients. This is one of the reasons I stopped using the plant booster for my soil and started using it in my hydro. It basically is a much much cheaper version of Hygrozyme but the living cultures in it are active from 5.5-6.3 ph so most of the ingredients are being utilized in hydro but were kind of useless for the soil grows since I keep Ph around 6.7. So thats my mad scientist reasoning, but really if I had the money I would probably add it for piece of mind.:tokin::tokin::tokin:

I'll chime my 2¢ on zimes and oxides...

My first hydro grow, H2o2 saved me on those very few occasions early on, when my reservoir aroma was less than "fresh lettuce". I used it throughout the grow, a good grow it was too.

Earlier in the season I used Hygrozyme as a weekly regiment, since there were no temperature issues, and I saw no benefit in it, I ceased using it. I'm using it again as res temps have warmed back up, and have had acceptable results adding it in a 3-4 days after the res change and at about 5ml/gallon. Within a day I usually see the pH shift upward then steady off. If necessary, at res change and for the first few days, I'll use h2o2.

It is hard to beat 99¢ a bottle for h2o2 though, and as a preventative measure, is a cheap insurance plan.

I'm also using the zyme in a soil grow. Growth after the first dose picked up noticeably, the 2nd dose the plants exploded. I have been adding it in once a week since.

It's all subjective really. While some supplements/additives are time (and life) savers, there is no substitute for good basic plant care really.

But everything you're doing Anomoly23, seems to be working just fine! :high-five:

Hey Anomoly, I hear ya on the price thing I paid $30.00 for my 1LT bottle. I think the $90.00 is the price for 1 gallon. Depending on how much you use, it does last a long time. The label says to use 8-10ml per gallon so @ 8ml, a 1LT bottle would treat 125 gallons of water, that $90.00 would treat close to 500 gallons.

As far as the enzymes go, they are more for breaking down proteins and dead plant plant matter to be better absorbed by the plants. Like endive said, my soil plants love it too. From what I've seen over the last few months, Hygro really shines when it comes to use in soil and organics. I use 10ml per gallon each time I water or feed and the plants take off with growth.

I also agree that H2O2 is a great cheap way to keep the unwanted junk out of your res.

Last thing I want to do is to try and make you buy anything :), besides they don't give me commission anyway. You really have a nice setup and after seeing what you can do from the previous grows, I know you'll knock this one out of the park as well.

Take care and sorry for the long post.

:Namaste:

I'll chime my 2¢ on zimes and oxides...

My first hydro grow, H2o2 saved me on those very few occasions early on, when my reservoir aroma was less than "fresh lettuce". I used it throughout the grow, a good grow it was too.

Earlier in the season I used Hygrozyme as a weekly regiment, since there were no temperature issues, and I saw no benefit in it, I ceased using it. I'm using it again as res temps have warmed back up, and have had acceptable results adding it in a 3-4 days after the res change and at about 5ml/gallon. Within a day I usually see the pH shift upward then steady off. If necessary, at res change and for the first few days, I'll use h2o2.

It is hard to beat 99¢ a bottle for h2o2 though, and as a preventative measure, is a cheap insurance plan.

I'm also using the zyme in a soil grow. Growth after the first dose picked up noticeably, the 2nd dose the plants exploded. I have been adding it in once a week since.

It's all subjective really. While some supplements/additives are time (and life) savers, there is no substitute for good basic plant care really.

But everything you're doing Anomoly23, seems to be working just fine! :high-five:

You nailed it right on the head there endive and solidified what I was thinking after doing the research with real life results, Maybe I do know something about this growing stuff :yahoo:If I may ask how much H202 were you using, My res is filled to about 10 gallons maybe a bit more did you use a ml per litre conversion to determine how much H2o2 to use or do you just add like a cap full ? I am not sure how much to add to the res.

Hey Anomoly, I hear ya on the price thing I paid $30.00 for my 1LT bottle. I think the $90.00 is the price for 1 gallon. Depending on how much you use, it does last a long time. The label says to use 8-10ml per gallon so @ 8ml, a 1LT bottle would treat 125 gallons of water, that $90.00 would treat close to 500 gallons.

As far as the enzymes go, they are more for breaking down proteins and dead plant plant matter to be better absorbed by the plants. Like endive said, my soil plants love it too. From what I've seen over the last few months, Hygro really shines when it comes to use in soil and organics. I use 10ml per gallon each time I water or feed and the plants take off with growth.

I also agree that H2O2 is a great cheap way to keep the unwanted junk out of your res.

Last thing I want to do is to try and make you buy anything :), besides they don't give me commission anyway. You really have a nice setup and after seeing what you can do from the previous grows, I know you'll knock this one out of the park as well.

Take care and sorry for the long post.

:Namaste:

I actually Love it when people take the time to provide good information in my journals Dime so no worries about the Long post and I hope you continue to contribute with posts like that cause it actually got my mind spinning about some other things to try out here:yahoo::yahoo: I deffinetley appreciate you suggesting both of the products, I am going to be adding the H202 to my res tonight just as a preventative measure:thumb::thumb: And I am actually looking to see if I can get a smaller bottle of the Hygrozyme for my soil grows cause I believe it would work amazingly for soil and endive can obviously attest for that:thumb::thumb:

Ok since I changed the reservoir level the rockwoll has become moist so I know they are now getting water to the desired areas. I dont know if I am being impatient or overreacting but the plants are still droppy and looking stunted at the moment and I transplanted them sunday. The soil plants have already bounced back from the transplant and are growing upwards looking healthy but does not seem to be the case with the hydro they pretty much look exactly the same except they drop more day by day. My ph is 5.8, res temp is 68-69 degrees, ppms are 300, temps are 77 with an R/h of about 30-40 right now which is the only thing that is a little low. I am getting frustrated because I know all my specs are perfect. The light is definitely far enough away to not be shocking or burning the plants I am running it about 18 inches above them at the moment. Do i need to add more nutes and up the PPM? Do I need to Lower the PPM? Or do I need to relax and give them time? Today is the first day of full 18/6 so they are finally weened onto the light and should be used to the metal hallide light by now, am I overeacting? it has only been 4 days since transplant and all those days I have spent weening them off 24 hour light. Now that they are weened of the light will I see progress? i just dont know at this point since I thought I had it all dialed in, any input would be welcome.:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom