Anomoly's 1100 Watt HID - LED Hydro/Soil Grow - Multi Strain Indicas

Re: Anomoly's 1100 Watt HID/LED Hydro/Soil Grow/Multi Strain Indicas

If I may ask how much H202 were you using, My res is filled to about 10 gallons maybe a bit more did you use a ml per litre conversion to determine how much H2o2 to use or do you just add like a cap full ? I am not sure how much to add to the res.

Absolutely you may always ask! And, you absolutly know more than just "something" about this growing stuff. I've seen the pics, you got mad Kung Fu! :morenutes:

For the Hydrogen Peroxide...

When in doubt, always ere on the side of caution and add LESS than you think you'll need. It's easier to add than take away.

For the 6gal res on the blue mystic grow, I used 2oz - 2.5 oz h2o2,per 6 gallons reservoir solution.

Here is the formula used, I've referred to it as the "Ozgrowa Equation":

US Standard
1.28*G/C= Liquid Oz's per day

Metric
10*L/C= Ml per day

C= % concentration of H2O2
L= Number of liters in reservoir
G= Number of Gallons in reservoir

Example: How much 3% H202 should I add to 7 gallons of nutes?
1.28*7/3=2.986 Oz's each day.

Now "Ed" mentioned in an article that you can go as high as 3oz h2o2/per gallon, but that may just be in an extreme case of disinfecting a root mass.:

"When used properly, hydrogen peroxide can keep infections in the garden to a minimum and stimulate root growth by increasing the oxygen content of the water. Hydrogen peroxide degrades into free oxygen and water over a three-day period. Some of the oxygen dissolves in the reservoir water and is used by the roots.

Different concentrations of hydrogen peroxide solution are available. It is sold diluted to 3% in drug stores. Some indoor garden shops sell 10% grade and 35% grade is sold in a few health food stores and over the Internet. The 3% hydrogen peroxide solution can be used topically to sterilize cuts and infections. Hydrogen peroxide solution at 10% burns skin. 35% hydrogen peroxide solution acts much like a concentrated acid and is handled as a hazardous, corrosive liquid.

The 10% hydrogen peroxide solution is sometimes used at rates as low as one ounce per 10 gallons water; however, enrichment using an ounce per gallon is more effective for disease control. When 35% hydrogen peroxide solution is used, it can be added at the rate of three ounces per 10 gallons of water. If a 3% solution is used, use three ounces per gallon of water.
"​

Ok since I changed the reservoir level the rockwoll has become moist so I know they are now getting water to the desired areas. I dont know if I am being impatient or overreacting but the plants are still droppy and looking stunted at the moment and I transplanted them sunday. The soil plants have already bounced back from the transplant and are growing upwards looking healthy but does not seem to be the case with the hydro they pretty much look exactly the same except they drop more day by day. My ph is 5.8, res temp is 68-69 degrees, ppms are 300, temps are 77 with an R/h of about 30-40 right now which is the only thing that is a little low. I am getting frustrated because I know all my specs are perfect. The light is definitely far enough away to not be shocking or burning the plants I am running it about 18 inches above them at the moment. Do i need to add more nutes and up the PPM? Do I need to Lower the PPM? Or do I need to relax and give them time? Today is the first day of full 18/6 so they are finally weened onto the light and should be used to the metal hallide light by now, am I overeacting? it has only been 4 days since transplant and all those days I have spent weening them off 24 hour light. Now that they are weened of the light will I see progress? i just dont know at this point since I thought I had it all dialed in, any input would be welcome.:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

I know that plants react faster to changes in hydro than in soil but you may have to wait a bit for signs they are getting better. Have they shown any improvement at all? I know one problem I had with my DWC (amongst several problems :)) was the water level. The rockwool was getting too wet and staying saturated, and the plants were showing bad signs of overwatering.

If your clones have roots growing out of the cubes, I'd say to have the water level below the cubes in the net pots but still touching the hydroton and let the action of the bubbles popping splash the water and nutes on the roots. Then when the roots get long keep a gap between the water and the nets and you're good to go.

Also, endive laid down some knowledge on the H2O2! +reps endive :welldone:

Thanks for that post Endive thats some good info right there, I tried to rep you but I guess I need to spread the love more before I can rep you again:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon: And Dime this post should give you all the information, hopefully you can help cause I need some at this point lol So I have seen little to no improvement in 6 days since transplant in the clones. There is almost no growth and they are all pretty droopy accept one seems to be doing pretty well compared to the other three. I have been keeping ph at 5.8 the best I can but it keeps rising daily, this is good because I know the plants must be eating but again no change in plants and no root growth out of the net pots. They are showing a little yellowing now and some tips are browning. To me this is looking like overwatering but this was occurring before I ever raised the water height. The PPM's were about 300 but I raised them to 400 to see if they were craving more food last night, but no change yet either way. The water Level is about 2-3'' up the netpot since these are unrooted clones. Out of curiosity I moved some hydroton yesterday morning to see if the water level change had moistened up the rockwoll because it was bone dry the days before, and it had got moist. I also saw root growth out of the sides of the rockwoll. So stuff is happening but I am not sure why they look so bad and are showing slow growth. My res temps are steadily under 70 degrees, Air temps about 77, and R/H of about 41% right now which is kind of low. I have now 10 air stones so Oxygen should not be the issue. I am really scratching my head here wondering what to do at this point or if I need to do anything I dont know but to me the condition looks to be degrading and I would like to catch the problem early before it is too late:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke: Anyone think of anything I may be doing wrong or I could try? Do I need to bump up ppms more? Should I knock them back down to the 150-200 range? I am using Advanced Nuts Sensi grow and botanicare CSN17, i also added some Cal/Mag by botanicare. Maybe they are locked out somehow? Do I need to be misting them and foliar feeding them until their roots hit the water? Especially since my R/H is low?? Any help would be much appretiated:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie: Here are some pics.

IMG_67141.JPG

This Girl here is in the best shape
IMG_67151.JPG

IMG_67161.JPG

IMG_67171.JPG

The one I am most worried about
IMG_67181.JPG

IMG_6719.JPG

Hey Anomoly, sorry for the late reply my friend. It looks like your young ones may be getting a little too much in the nute department. Did you back down the PPMs or change anything up from the last time you posted?

The guy who runs the grow-op I belong to told me what he does with cuttings is to give them light nutes until they have a good amount of roots, then bump it up. Since your clones have roots already and are showing signs of nute burn, maybe try backing them down to the 150-200 PPM range for a few days and see if that helps or just give them RO and Cal-Mag which would be even lower. The grow-op guy uses GH 3 part and said he only adds 1ml of Micro/Grow/Bloom until the clones are sold or planted.

Have you noticed a change in PPMs over the course of a day. I know that if the water level is dropping and the PPMs are raising, they are drinking and not eating. If the water level is dropping and the PPMs are pretty steady than they are eating AND drinking.

As for the RH, you could give them a misting of only pH'd water a few times a day to help, just make sure to get the undersides of the leaves. My RH has always been under 60% and misting does help if they are drinking more than they are eating.

Also, are you letting the pH rise or have you been adjusting it often? I might suggest setting it a bit lower (say 5.5) and let it rise to ~6.2-6.3 before adjusting again. That way they can pick and choose what nutes they want/need throughout the pH ranges. Just an idea :).

I hope some of this helps in some way, I know the feeling when you see the little ones not at their best. Best of luck to you and if none of this works, I'll keep trying to help:thumb:.

I just did my first and second attempts at cloning, The worst of yours, looks better than the best of my first ones, though fortunately they are still alive (though they look mostly dead... which is better than all dead).

Hey Anomoly, sorry for the late reply my friend. It looks like your young ones may be getting a little too much in the nute department. Did you back down the PPMs or change anything up from the last time you posted?

The guy who runs the grow-op I belong to told me what he does with cuttings is to give them light nutes until they have a good amount of roots, then bump it up. Since your clones have roots already and are showing signs of nute burn, maybe try backing them down to the 150-200 PPM range for a few days and see if that helps or just give them RO and Cal-Mag which would be even lower. The grow-op guy uses GH 3 part and said he only adds 1ml of Micro/Grow/Bloom until the clones are sold or planted.

Have you noticed a change in PPMs over the course of a day. I know that if the water level is dropping and the PPMs are raising, they are drinking and not eating. If the water level is dropping and the PPMs are pretty steady than they are eating AND drinking.

As for the RH, you could give them a misting of only pH'd water a few times a day to help, just make sure to get the undersides of the leaves. My RH has always been under 60% and misting does help if they are drinking more than they are eating.

Also, are you letting the pH rise or have you been adjusting it often? I might suggest setting it a bit lower (say 5.5) and let it rise to ~6.2-6.3 before adjusting again. That way they can pick and choose what nutes they want/need throughout the pH ranges. Just an idea :).

I hope some of this helps in some way, I know the feeling when you see the little ones not at their best. Best of luck to you and if none of this works, I'll keep trying to help:thumb:.

Man Thanks so much for giving me some Ideas I was exhausted trying to figure out what to do next.:high-five: I saw some improvement last night in the worst of the clones, the new growth perked up and look like it started to recover. At that point I was thinking the whole problem was that they were not getting enough food as I told you the day before I upped the PPM to 400 to try and help the drooping. This morning its back to looking like hell again and definitely showing signs of nute burn. So I backed off the PPM's about 50 and have them at 350 right now, right in the middle of where I was running the PPM's before. Since I saw inmprovement last night and now they looking worse I figure my PPM's are very close to being right on point. Heres the weird thing about it all, no PPM changes No water level changes, the only sign that the plants are doing anything is the fact that there are roots growing and the PH does raise daily so I know they are releasing salts back into the water. Man Am I starting to realize why I gave up Hydro a long time ago, even for someone like me who likes tinkering and testing shit this is like a full time Job, this might send me back to soil for good!! lol I am keeping a close eye on them if I see no change again I will again back down the PPM's, Trial and error at this point I just hope they survive through all my error lol

I just did my first and second attempts at cloning, The worst of yours, looks better than the best of my first ones, though fortunately they are still alive (though they look mostly dead... which is better than all dead).

That definitely makes me feel a little better I hope I can nurse them back and fine tune this hydro set up before I start breaking things, i am getting pretty pissed at this point LOL That and the new timer I got for this setup has got to be the worst piece of shit I have ever purchased and every time I unplug anything from it it shorts and resets all the programming and clock. Then I have to sit there resetting the time and all my light cycle programming. Like I said above this grow may very well send me back to soil organics for good!! :bong::bong::bong::bong:

Here are the Hydro Charts That I use for Baseline specifications. I dont follow it to a tee but its a good guideline. Im in week 1-2 right now so my PPM'S seem to be in range I guess I need to find the right number for this strain.

ppmhydro3.jpg

phChart3.jpg

Those leds work great for cloning Also a folgers can with a bubbler.I cut four holes out of the lid for 2 inch net cups pute my clones in and cover with a freezer bag with wholes.keep em moist and the led or cfl as a lot of heat and they will wilt..And yeah not to sure about using the hygrozyme in hydroponics.Hygrozyme adds beneficial mycro organisms which feed on the bad organisms to make it accessible for uptake by the plant basicly.But I think it works better for soil as I have came to learn its best to keep a hydro clean from the start as possible and if you have a staril res hygrozyme will have nothing to feed on and will coat your roots ugg.Hygrozyme is pretty good stuff thow it will break down and fix stunted soil plants.Or maybe a flush for hydro only if really needed as its really powerfull and will burn your roots.I only paid abolut 15 dallars for the small bottle and a little goes a long way but I really dont use it.Really it is intended for those who are growing 100 percent organic.:Namaste:

Thanks for the info, turttle and thanks for stopping in!:cheer::cheer::cheer:
So late last night I took the lid off and the plants out of the DWC res just to check and see if there were any slime or icky shit and I noticed two of the 4 plants now have roots exposed out the side and bottom of the net pots!! The two plants that have yet to show roots are on the backside of the DWC so I am wondering if I need more aeration to this area, but before I do anything else I am going to let it be for a few days as is and just check PH and PPM levels to keep them steady. I dropped the water level last night right to the bottom of the net pots, i figure the other clones not showing roots have enough moisture that the roots should grow towards the water now and should be showing themselves any day here. They look slightly better. Only the tips seem to be yellowing now so i think I got nutes almost perfect.:high-five::high-five: I will keep levels and numbers right here for a few days see what develops.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Glad to hear the good news!

Those clones with the smaller roots may just be a little slower than their sisters.

:high-five:

About a week and 2 days in now to this grow the hydro seems to finally coming around, they are really fickle though. They purk up after lights have been off and by end of the light cycle they are droopy again. Doesnt seem like the yellowing on the tips is spreading so i am going to leave my ppms at 400 right now. Res temps are 68 degrees, and the roots on the two that have finally popped out are growing extremely fast:morenutes::morenutes: Progress on the topside of the DWC seems to be slow to say the least, its weird the roots can be growing so well but they look so bad lol I have been so worried about the hydro I almost forgot about the soil girls. They are all doing great, I am LST'ing most of them to keep them small. Here are some pics.

IMG_67351.JPG

IMG_67341.JPG

IMG_67361.JPG

IMG_67371.JPG

IMG_6739.JPG

IMG_6740.JPG

IMG_67411.JPG

IMG_6742.JPG

This one is looking rough and its expected. I really dont expect this lady to survive, she was in soil before transplant and had 99% of her root structure removed so the fact she is even still living is good lol.
IMG_6743.JPG

IMG_6752.JPG

IMG_67531.JPG

IMG_6754.JPG

Soil Ladies
IMG_6744.JPG

Hindu Kush
IMG_6745.JPG

IMG_6751.JPG

IMG_6746.JPG

DJ Blue
IMG_6747.JPG

IMG_6748.JPG

Gods Gift
IMG_6749.JPG

Don Corleone
IMG_6750.JPG

Looking much better my friend :thumb:

I'm wondering if raising your light a bit might help the DWC plants recover faster. The intensity seems like it would cause them to work harder. I've been seeing a lot of growers using CFLs and T5s until the roots get bigger then WHAM...HID/LED! or in your case both. Just a thought, and you are doing great.:goodjob:

Hey Guys its been a minute since I posted in this journal soo busy:loopy::loopy: So I changed the setup with the DWC tub and went to 2 DWC buckets. Although the girls were not doing bad they were not doing great and I think it had to do with them all being different strains and needing different ph and feeding levels, so I figured to optimize growing different strains the single bucket system we be best.:high-five::high-five: I took the Best of the Clones that was going in the tub system and threw it in one and I picked up another $100 OG and started from scratch in the other and put the other three with my outdoor garden:high-five::high-five:. The transplant went fine the older clone is growing up and looking healthy I think its liking the ppms right at about 600, the other is still getting used to the MH light and 18/6 schedule so its stunted a bit right now just living. The soil girls are doing really good they all seem to be responding to the LST I am putting them through. The Hindu Kush looks the best and is my facorite. The DJ blue I am turning into a bud bonzai tree kind off, LSTing it pretty extreme around the pot to ohave a ring of nugs hopefully:):) Here are some pics.

IMG_67751.JPG

IMG_67761.JPG

$100 OG
IMG_67771.JPG

Don Corleone
IMG_67781.JPG

DJ Blue
IMG_67791.JPG

IMG_67801.JPG

Hindu Kush
IMG_67811.JPG

IMG_67821.JPG

IMG_67841.JPG

IMG_67851.JPG

Hey all I havnt updated this journal in a while, been so busy with wrapping up my last grow and trying to get the hydro in equilibrium just been hard to keep up.:bong::bong:Now that my last row is finished and I have harvested and got everything curing I have much more time to focus on this Journal as I wrap up the other one.:high-five::high-five:. I added one of my LED's into the mix to give the soil girls some more light coverage and will be adding in my air-cooled ballast this week. The soil girls are doing great I am going to have to transplant them this week into larger pots i can tell they are out growing these already. The hydro seems to recovered from the nute burn and is growing good now. You should be able to see a major difference in all the plants in these new pics they all really took off.:cheer::cheer: Just Did res Changes on both the hydro and the roots are looking great they are really taking off since I got the nute solution correct for these. The Pure Kush likes about 700 ppm and the $100 og is a bit younger but quickly catching up and she likes around 400 right now gonna keep the numbers here for a bit see how it goes probably another week or so until I start flowering. The Ph is really steady I check it about once a day, i have been setting it at about 5.7 and letting it rise to 6.0, sometimes I leave it until a little over 6.0 cause I dont like adding to much PH up or down to the bubble buckets.:):) Well here are some pics.

IMG_6887.JPG

IMG_6888.JPG

IMG_69071.JPG

Hindu Kush Arms everywhere
IMG_68891.JPG

IMG_68921.JPG

DJ Blue Experiment LST Wrapping her around the perimeter of this pot. Got a huge stem already.
IMG_68901.JPG

IMG_6891.JPG

Gods Gift
IMG_68931.JPG

Don Corleon
IMG_68941.JPG

Hydro/Pure Kush Right,$100 OG Left
IMG_68971.JPG

IMG_69011.JPG

Pure Kush
IMG_6898.JPG

IMG_69001.JPG

IMG_69021.JPG

IMG_69051.JPG

$100 OG
IMG_6899.JPG

IMG_69031.JPG

IMG_69041.JPG

IMG_6906.JPG

Hey guys it looks like there is no interest in this grow at all so Im not going to update it anymore, Ill keep it open so I can do one more update when the grow is finished just for good measure but its to much work right now.:surrender::surrender::surrender::sorry: :sorry:

Hey guys it looks like there is no interest in this grow at all so Im not going to update it anymore, Ill keep it open so I can do one more update when the grow is finished just for good measure but its to much work right now.:surrender::surrender::surrender::sorry: :sorry:

Nonetheless, I look forward to the final chapter, it looks like it's gonna be a good one. :high-five:

Do feel free to drop by my journal and post an occasional pic or two, just to keep my curiosity staved.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom