Anonymous Organic Soil - Chemdog-Lucy-Vanilla Kush - Smart Pot

Re: Anonymous Blue Planet Nutrients Organic Soil - Chemdog-Lucy-Vanilla Kush - Smart

transplant is good, ,you should see improvment, how much pearlite is in the mix, i have one batch of soil i did for some container herbs and veggies and it was low in the pearlite ,all those plants are struggeling, but the others in same mix with alot more pearlite are doing great, i dont grow my cannabis in soil cuz i had so many problems like what your having, it drove me crazy, when i switched to coco, and hempy pots, with the same nutes,all i did was add a little epsoma garden lime, ( same thing as cal mag) i picked up at homy deez it was like all my problems went away!, and honestly all i do now if i see any brown spots is add a tad of epsom salt,i have found coco to be so much more forgiving, and you cant overwater in it !unless of course you have no drain holes, its reusable,and usually cheaper than good soil, just thought i would put that out there for you to think about ,really good draining medium is a ket component of any medium, be it soil coco or moon dust lol, good luck with the girls, i'll be watching, i put my chem dog in germ last night!

Re: Anonymous Blue Planet Nutrients Organic Soil - Chemdog-Lucy-Vanilla Kush - Smart

I have heard switching to coco from alot of people recently... Never even considered it really but you can do full organics with coco I'm sure. As far as the perlite. I'm using FFOF potting soil which has perlite in it already but on top of that I as 1 part perlite per 2 parts potting soil so it should bring the perlite content up to around... 40-50% I hope. So I hope that there is enough perlite.

Anonymous123 said:
I have heard switching to coco from alot of people recently... Never even considered it really but you can do full organics with coco I'm sure. As far as the perlite. I'm using FFOF potting soil which has perlite in it already but on top of that I as 1 part perlite per 2 parts potting soil so it should bring the perlite content up to around... 40-50% I hope. So I hope that there is enough perlite.

If your using FFOF and having issues I would look at your water or something else like dirty containers or perlite. I haven't had an issue with mine and its been about six months. My Ph is alittle high as well but nothing the soil doesn't buffer.

If your using FFOF and having issues I would look at your water or something else like dirty containers or perlite. I haven't had an issue with mine and its been about six months. My Ph is alittle high as well but nothing the soil doesn't buffer.

I do not think I truly have a problem other then the fact that they were ready to be transplanted and had run out of nutrients in the pots they were in. A simple mistake on my part and hopefully now they will do alot better.

Anonymous123 said:
I do not think I truly have a problem other then the fact that they were ready to be transplanted and had run out of nutrients in the pots they were in. A simple mistake on my part and hopefully now they will do alot better.

Your using BPN? Every other feeding?

Your using BPN? Every other feeding?

Well I'm suppost to be but I haven't started yet because of the nutrients already in the soil. Now that I transplanted I will wait a couple weeks then start up BPN Nutes and low strengths every other feeding

:welcome: Anonymous123,
I see you were having some plant issue's hoping they are on the mend.
I wanted to comment on your light setup. I'm with growrook on your lights.
Does your electrical run in line system ?
( from one to the other hookup)
It is hard to see what hookup you have to the wall socket. One power cord or several?

I'm sub'd,

Good luck

:welcome: Anonymous123,
I see you were having some plant issue's hoping they are on the mend.
I wanted to comment on your light setup. I'm with growrook on your lights.
Does your electrical run in line system ?
( from one to the other hookup)
It is hard to see what hookup you have to the wall socket. One power cord or several?

I'm sub'd,

Good luck

They run in sequence inside the center of the fixture to a single plug that comes out the end, It is a great design by my good friend... I found simple instructions for a PVC light fixture on here that looked different and I kinda just made my own design and let him wire it all.

I will take some more pictures next time I am in there :)

By no means am I an expert, but I have always trimmed off my bad leaves just so the plants energy isn't used to repair the damage, but put to better use in continued growth. As long as the bad leaves are present the plant will try to repair them.

You know I asked about this and never really got a response, I thought the same thing but wasn't sure if it would cause stress to the plant... Well off they go right?

on the other hand, me personally, I don't remove any leaves until they fall off or 80% dead. some people do different but others swear by this method. Cutting leaves can cause stress to plants. I especially wouldn't cut anything on an Auto plant. i know yours isn't but just a heads up. If you cut them and find it to be helpful then do so. Just wanna give my input. Thanks buddy :Namaste:

as far as I know both of you are correct. Yes trimming leaves does cause stress but as long as it is not too much stress the plant will recover then grow better. I trimmed only leaves that looked mostly dead and about fell off just by me touching them anyway so nothing that should stress them too much.

Just caught up with your journal and looks like your doing everything correct to bring your ladies to health again! Great job so far and can't wait to see these girls in a week or so, they will be thriving! As far as all the advice here, great advice everyone!

My thoughts on pruning leaves- I have pruned leaves in the past, usually I only remove the lower fan/water leaves when they have yellowed and wilted. If a leaf is 1/2 damaged but half healthy, usually I will cut off the un-healthy part but leave the healthy plant material (kind of like when you chop fan leaves on clones). I agree with what has been said, pruning leaves will slightly stress the plant, but as long as you don't overdo it you will be fine. A little stress here and there from what I have read will actually increase potency overall. I have heard that some growers will actually twist off all the tips of there fan leaves to help induce stress and increase plant potency. (personally never tried this). I usually wait until flowering to do defoliation on my plants...usually around day 20 and then again around day 40-50. When in flowering I will remove only leaves that are preventing good airflow as well as blocking light. I was told that in flowering, you want to count down 4-5 fan leaf nodes and everything below that can be removed if needed, but I would only recommend taking off leaves if you need to.

Really good to see you giving the GLR a try as well. So far I am using it, currently on day 49 of veg, and my plants are growing just as fast as an 18/6 schedule, but using 1/3 less electricity!! I know you will be very happy with this lighting schedule!! Can't wait to see your updates on the ladies health!!!

Great advice from everyone here!! awesome thread

I know I'm late to the discussion, but here's the skinny on defoliation.

This subject was debated and tested here on 420 mag by several people a while back. The result was, here on 420 mag, that while stress does in fact happen, it is a GOOD stress effect. It fools the plant into believing it is under attack and increased growth happens.

The timing was also tested:

At day 22 of flower a MILD defoliation happens to remove some of the fans, and ONLY the ones shading bud sites so as to give those parts of the plant more light. Also, if "Tucking" the leaf is an option, so that it no longer shades the bud site, do that instead if it will stay tucked, otherwise, removal...

At day 45-49 of Flower a more heavy defoliation happens. This is mostly all of the upper fan leaves toward the top of the plant are removed. (top 85% of plant) Only those at or near the bottom of the plant are to be left alone. This spurs a secondary surge in regrowth and it happens IN THE BUDS this time and if fan regrowth happened last time (there is a slim chance that it did) the fans are not regrown the second time and all that growth happens in the buds themselves leading to heavier bud production due to shading fans being removed and the plant's response of the same removal/attack response.

In all cases the "sugar leaves" are to be left alone. I.E. any leaves with trichomes growing on them.

I am going to wait until day 21 before I take any more of my leaves off, I had to do alot of that while in veg, but there it gave me more nodes and side branching I think. I made the mistake of taking a bunch of sick leaves off one of my ladies about 2 - 3 days after I started flowering and she is looking pretty shabby right now. I will have pics later tonight hopefully. As for GLR I am not using that method yet, this is my 1st grow and I am trying to keep it simple, but I do want to try it in the future. And thinks for the kudos on the ladies, I'll be checking in with yours later on. :peace: out :lot-o-toke: if ya gotem!

Back
Top Bottom