Another Brix In The Wall Part 2: Hawk Clones Under Max Yield!

Hey All! Welcome to my journal! First off, a big thanks to :420:for putting together such an awesome site with lots of great sponsors! One of my favorites of course is @Doc Bud and his amazing soil/nutrient system, kit grower for life! I am also a big fan of the 2 monster lights I've been using from Perfect Sun, Goliath and Max Yield! I purchased Goliath first then was lucky enough to be gifted the Max Yield and did a sponsored grow for @LEDRF and will continue to showcase these awesome lights throughout this journal! I also have a couple Mars reflectors which may come into play in one of my 2 Gorilla tents, thinking of running an auto in the 2x3 (approx dimensions, ha!) The bean would have come from another sponsor Dope Seeds. I won 2nd place in the picture of the month contest and grabbed some auto beans. I also have a $50 credit with @SeedsMan which I will probably use during their big black Friday promo.

Here are the strains I'm growing, Mimosa, Boptang#2, Boptang #3, and Dosidos. Thanks @Kitchenhawk !!

Currently in solo cups, soon to be in #1's of fresh 1st run Doc Buds High Brix Blend of soil. In the 4x4 gorilla under the Max Yield which is as high as it can go. I just spent more than I care to admit on a huey...but It's kind of fancy and you can fill from the top, considering hooking my new de-huey right into it if it'll fit in the tent. May add a little electric heater in there too if needed and may consider a controller. I have an ink bird for temp and may just get their rh one and be done or I may look into a fancier one which can control day and night...

I appreciate any and all comments and advice. All are welcome and anything goes as far as sharing.

A few pics. Things should start getting interesting soon enough.

:passitleft:
Which humidifier did you buy, that's so fancy ?

First off, the girls are now in #1's so should start to grow. I abused them by leaving in the solos for so long but they still look pretty decent, just they have not grown much since I got them.

Hey Seedling! Glad to have you along for the ride!

Hey Gray! :passitleft:

:cheer: Hi Ween, I'm here for some more brix and mooch some popcorn:popcorn: from Gray, I need to take a picture of his Devil's Carn I have going and show him. I try to get to that tomorrow.

Hey Dynamo! Go easy on that popcorn, gray likes to load it up with strong canna butter!

I am in for the ride ween!:passitleft:

Hawk! Great to have you brother! I hope I can do a good job with these girls. Hope I get that bud on leaf mutation. Its #2 right?

Hey Puff! Slow down on those puffs! :rofl:

I'll pull up a spot here to follow along
:)

Hey Knife! Awesome to have you along to help keep things sharp in here!

I’m taking a seat and glad to see you back. Cheers ween and look forward to your grow.

Hey Dark! Glad to have you and to be back at it!

I’m definitely in Ween!!

Hey Magoo! Great to SEE you, ha!:rofl:

Dont mind me I will Just be hovering around in the back :yummy:

Hey Gazoo! Awesome to have you here brother. I hope my super disorganized tent does not drive you up the Wall!

:meditate:

Hey Backlip! Welcome!

... :ciao: ...:popcorn:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:

Hey h00k! Glad you could join in. Not sure if I read any feedback from you on your 1st run with the kit? You like?

Hey Eggs! Thanks for stopping in!

Hey OL! I hope my hawk clones turn out 1/2 as nice as your hawk from seed plants are looking.

Hey Neiko! Happy to have you along for the ride!

I will take a seat and follow along :popcorn:

Hey PC! Glad to have you here, welcome!

Gotcha Ween. May i hang around...The fun's about to start here. So cool to see u growing again and moved into your new 'crib'. cheers my friend. :high-five:

Hey Brother! Awesome to have you here to keep me in line!

Ill be over here in the corner following along bud! Cannot wait to see how you do with the clones! Even made the first page!

Hey Brother Yeti! So glad you made it! I hope you will be up and running again soon!

Hey Gov! Happy to have you along for the ride.

:surf::dude-knocking::party:

Made it to the party! Did I make the first page ??? Ween glad ur back brotha! Got some cold brews and Glue for the crew!

Cheers all:ganjamon: Beautiful clones! Let the good times roll:rollit:

Thanks Wrenn! Awesome you could join! Thanks for bringing the refreshments!

Which humidifier did you buy, that's so fancy ?

I'm not sure but will take a pic of the box later. So far, it's not doing the job. Seems to be putting out a good mist but rh Is still too low. The unit is tall and even has a tall tube with a splitter so you can aim it. I raised the plants to that level so hope that helps.

Thanks all for subbing up!

First off, the girls are now in #1's so should start to grow. I abused them by leaving in the solos for so long but they still look pretty decent, just they have not grown much since I got them.

Hey Dynamo! Go easy on that popcorn, gray likes to load it up with strong canna butter!

Hawk! Great to have you brother! I hope I can do a good job with these girls. Hope I get that bud on leaf mutation. Its #2 right?

Hey Gazoo! Awesome to have you here brother. I hope my super disorganized tent does not drive you up the Wall!

Hey Backlip! Welcome!

Hey h00k! Glad you could join in. Not sure if I read any feedback from you on your 1st run with the kit? You like?

Hey OL! I hope my hawk clones turn out 1/2 as nice as your hawk from seed plants are looking.

Hey Brother Yeti! So glad you made it! I hope you will be up and running again soon!

I'm not sure but will take a pic of the box later. So far, it's not doing the job. Seems to be putting out a good mist but rh Is still too low. The unit is tall and even has a tall tube with a splitter so you can aim it. I raised the plants to that level so hope that helps.

Hey Ween hope the night is going well for ya! About the Huey’s

is this new one ran inside the tent or in the room?

not sure what you paid but at Lowe’s here in The North I found a $180 unit. I only buy from Lowe’s when they have no tax events.

It’s brand is Aircaire. It holds 6gals. Filling it is as easy as brining a 5gal bucket over and dumping the bucket at just below waist height. It does have a humidistat with a operation range of 25-65% In 5% increments. Gazoo was able to pick up a unit on CL for $50 or something.

This unit definitely works as I live in Ontario and we have some very dry winter weather for 3 months solid. Before this unit I used small 1Gal ones of many assortments. All of which hardly raised RH. Even with 24/7 use it was a huge battle. Just opening a tent or room would lose 5-10% and that would take hours to build back up.

This unit I run hard during winter and my 1800sq ft townhouse gets humid. It’s not good for my windows upstairs to be sweating but whatever. The plants are happy and so I am too. I just clean them 2 times a week to stop bacteria build up.

Once a sealed room is available to me this problem will be resolved.

Anyhow the unit has 3 fan speeds. I use speed 2 except in the dry winter when outside temps are -10c and below. Then speed 3 helps to raise RH more.

I have 3 tents in the basement and all are able to get the RH they need from one unit. Plus the entire house is probably 40-50% which cures any Effects to us humans.

Hope this helps in the battle of RH. I’ll PM you the exact details if ur interested. Also the filter is relatively cheap. Really u don’t even need a filter because the unit is evaporative. The fan inside just creates a vaccum that lifts water into the air.

Cheers Eh :passitleft:

Hey Ween , friends, was talking with a buddy here , he's a HVAC guy at work. He said raising RH is the most difficult thing to acomplish. I asked him wat i would have to do , to raise it at least 10 points...ha, he said "get the biggest capacity , drum type u can find". All those other small things /misters just cant do it. We all struggle with at least one enviro thing eh...Cheers.

Hey Ween , friends, was talking with a buddy here , he's a HVAC guy at work. He said raising RH is the most difficult thing to acomplish. I asked him wat i would have to do , to raise it at least 10 points...ha, he said "get the biggest capacity , drum type u can find". All those other small things /misters just cant do it. We all struggle with at least one enviro thing eh...Cheers.

What's funny is the one I've been using, a $40 job, had been doing the trick but all 3 that I've purchased shit the bed, butthey only arm to crap out of I don't use them for a while.

My plants are in my insulated and heated shed. My new house has a whole house huey! The HVAC guy that installed told me I want just a little condensation on the windows which is what I have but I can raise or lower it.

not sure what you paid but at Lowe’s here in The North I found a $180 unit. I only buy from Lowe’s when they have no tax events.

It’s brand is Aircaire. It holds 6gals. Filling it is as easy as brining a 5gal bucket over and dumping the bucket at just below waist height. It does have a humidistat with a operation range of 25-65% In 5% increments. Gazoo was able to pick up a unit on CL for $50 or something.

This unit definitely works as I live in Ontario and we have some very dry winter weather for 3 months solid. Before this unit I used small 1Gal ones of many assortments. All of which hardly raised RH. Even with 24/7 use it was a huge battle. Just opening a tent or room would lose 5-10% and that would take hours to build back up.

This unit I run hard during winter and my 1800sq ft townhouse gets humid. It’s not good for my windows upstairs to be sweating but whatever. The plants are happy and so I am too. I just clean them 2 times a week to stop bacteria build up.

Anyhow the unit has 3 fan speeds. I use speed 2 except in the dry winter when outside temps are -10c and below. Then speed 3 helps to raise RH more.

I have 3 tents in the basement and all are able to get the RH they need from one unit. Plus the entire house is probably 40-50% which cures any Effects to us humans.

Hope this helps in the battle of RH. I’ll PM you the exact details if ur interested. Also the filter is relatively cheap. Really u don’t even need a filter because the unit is evaporative. The fan inside just creates a vaccum that lifts water into the air.

Funny, I was looking at that one, at the other big box home store, but decided against it like a dumb arse, mainly because even though it had a bigger capacityc6 vs 1.6 gallons, it had a shorter run time. That one was only $10 more. Wonder if I could return it and get the other one...hmm......

Hey Backlip! Welcome!

A post like that takes some f'n commitment brother. :headbanger:

...Enjoyed the "kit" Ween...easy to use and great support anytime I needed it...followed enuff' journals, that it came pretty easy to me...I had ordered extra growth and trans, but having a couple 16 weeker's, I ran out of tea a couple/few weeks shy of harvest...lesson learned and a note to anyone running a regular size Kit and long flowering strains...quality is what I was expecting...anyone who has tried any, has really liked it...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:

They are fancy swamp coolers ? I bought mine or sounds just like what you're describing, at Home depot. $108 6 gl. . Raised my rh about 10 points. I also have a 2 gl. tower, which is like pissing in the wind. I'm maintaining about 45-50 rh, which is not perfect, but ok. I run them in the room and the tents all use a passive intake. But I'm happy with the Aircare, and wish i had bought it instead of the tower, in the beginning. it goes thru 4 gl water in 24 hrs. only drawback is it does use a lot of water !!

You guys think the aircare could be used in the tent or is it too big?
To big, It's more of a room humidifier. I need another one for downstairs. I've never seen any humidifier work inside a tent, with an exhaust fan running. i've found that I can somewhat control rh better, if I concentrate on the whole room, rather than just the tent. It's a small room, with 3 4x4 tents. but the Aircare will take up to much floor space in a tent !! Low humidity is a friggin nightmare !! Hope all is well Ween ? :passitleft: :nomo:

I may have to look into something like this. I feel like I’m good on genetics and medium and lights. I do ok with rh in warm months. Got a big dehumidifier. But I struggle with low rh in winter here.

I may have to look into something like this. I feel like I’m good on genetics and medium and lights. I do ok with rh in warm months. Got a big dehumidifier. But I struggle with low rh in winter here.
Iow rh is a struggle in winter !! When heaters go on, the rh goes down !!

I use one of the atomizer humidifiers. I've tried the regular warm and cool mist ones and they don't do squat. The atomizer ones will put 1 gallon of water into the air in a 24 HR period, which raises my 6x8 veg room a good 10-15 rh. Around $40-$50 new. The aircare ones look nice, but would be hard to put into a small space.

To big, It's more of a room humidifier. I need another one for downstairs. I've never seen any humidifier work inside a tent, with an exhaust fan running. i've found that I can somewhat control rh better, if I concentrate on the whole room, rather than just the tent. It's a small room, with 3 4x4 tents. but the Aircare will take up to much floor space in a tent !! Low humidity is a friggin nightmare !! Hope all is well Ween ? :passitleft: :nomo:

Cool, thanks puff. The size was another reason I went with the other one. I don't think I'd want to treatise the rh in the room enough to get the tent rh up for fear of things getting mildew. I might have to get another of the kind I've been using all along or just struggle through. Seems like 35 is the best this one can do.

I use one of the atomizer humidifiers. I've tried the regular warm and cool mist ones and they don't do squat. The atomizer ones will put 1 gallon of water into the air in a 24 HR period, which raises my 6x8 veg room a good 10-15 rh. Around $40-$50 new. The aircare ones look nice, but would be hard to put into a small space.

Hey Morg! I saw you throwing up some likes before but outs niece tho have you officially join the fun. The one I have raised rh by 15. Plants look happy so far.

My plants are in my insulated and heated shed. My new house has a whole house huey! The HVAC guy that installed told me I want just a little condensation on the windows which is what I have but I can raise or lower it.
Please don't listen to this advise! You do not want condensation on your windows, it will ruin them! I deal with this question on a daily basis in the winter. The colder it gets outside, the lower the humidity setting needs to be. If you are seeing any condensation on the windows, your setting is too high. The ability to raise the humidity is dependent on your vapor barrier. If you are living in your new house, you may not need a humidifier for a couple years due to all the moisture in the fresh wood used to build your house. This makes running a humidifier for the grow room a challenge. You do run the risk of getting condensation on your windows. Just keep an eye out and adjust the setting as needed.

Back
Top Bottom