Another Brix In The Wall Part 2: Hawk Clones Under Max Yield!

Thanks for tagging them sticky! I'm pretty bummed about this! I will do my best. So far they have not multiplied fast. I've been noticing minor damage for over a month, maybe 2 and there is still only very little damage. I'm growing for fun so I'm honestly not sure if I'll make it past this. Once it becomes a PITA and is not fun anymore then why continue....? I really want to get past this setback and blow people away with what I have growing so will do my best!

:passitleft:
I here ya I grow for fun to I shit canned 5 nice plants last summer from those critters I didn't win the battle if there in veg and small you have good chance talk to those guys they both got rid of theres.

What a bummer! I think Woody has mentioned green cleaner in the past to help with mite problems. I have not dealt with hemp mites before, but from delaing with spider mites the best bit of advice I can give you is to spray for a week or two after you think you have kiled them off. Nothing worse than knocking them down to the point of thinking they are gone just to have a resurgence. The other bit of advice I have is to visit the flower tent first if you are not seeing issues there that way you are not bringing any in from veg. Also i would not move anything else to flower any time soon. Not until you have a handle on it.If you start to see damage in flower because you cannot spray anything on them, at that point you should probably switch the routine to visit veg first as you start reducing numbers in there. best of luck bud.

What a bummer! I think Woody has mentioned green cleaner in the past to help with mite problems. I have not dealt with hemp mites before, but from delaing with spider mites the best bit of advice I can give you is to spray for a week or two after you think you have kiled them off. Nothing worse than knocking them down to the point of thinking they are gone just to have a resurgence. The other bit of advice I have is to visit the flower tent first if you are not seeing issues there that way you are not bringing any in from veg. Also i would not move anything else to flower any time soon. Not until you have a handle on it.If you start to see damage in flower because you cannot spray anything on them, at that point you should probably switch the routine to visit veg first as you start reducing numbers in there. best of luck bud.
From Brother @Norcaliwood:
Everything I've read says the Green Cleaner is the best product for hemp mites... I throw in a good washing with Safer's Soap every second spraying.

Sorry to hear your infested with those f'ers. They're particularly nasty to deal with! :sorry::goodluck:

Thanks all! I'm gonna start with leaf wash tonight. I'm gonna mix it at about 1/2 strength unless it's suggested I go full strength.

Should I spray soon after lights on or close to lights off?
most of them are on the underside of the leafs so you want to concentrate your spraying there @Norcaliwood even goes as far to rub it in gently the underside they get into the fine hairs of the leaf I don't no what that leaf wash is but your going to need some kind of pesticide green cleaner or azamax or something like that there tough little fuggs good luck bud!

GL I've battled with them acouple times... Yea I swear by Green Cleaner from Old Stage. Alittle costy but...

Next to impossible to kill them off in flower......

But as long as you treat everything in veg that's about the only time you can kill the suckers..... You can try to use beneficial's. I've not heard of much luck with them.

But take all your veg plants and do some serious defoliation, fewer leaves,, fewer places for them to hide and the better you'll be able to treat them.. They can actually bore into the stem to survive over winter. they call it the 11th plague.

Most important is to keep up a spray regiment even after you think' they are gone.. Spray with green cleaner at 1-1.25 oz per gallon,, wait 2 days respray, wait 2-3 days and spray again.. SOAK everything including the top of the soil.....

It's good to change up the spray after acouple times, green cleaner claims they can't become immune to it but them what's new with fake claims like it works on adult and even eggs for spider mites like alot of products claim,, I've yet to find anything that works on all stages of pests,, I opt for Safer's Insecticidal Soap but Azamax works too.

Why I 'try' to stay away from Azamax,, is it's a neem oil product. Safers' soap can be sprayed then rinsed off after 15-20 mins with tap water. And it will leave your plant soft and healthy feeling. Unlike a neem product...

There isn't alot of info out there about hemp mites, board mites, or russet mites which are all about the same bug....

Once you get rid of them,, it's wise not to get clones from clone farms.... And if you do,,, assume it's infected and treat as such.......

I make sure everything I throw into flower has been through a complete spray regiment right before they go in.. And I always tell people that I kick clones to to treat them as if they are infected.. It's alot easier to kill them off small plants than larger ones. They seem to start in the center of the lower branches so lolly popping can slow the spread.. These things are small and they can winter over even with snow on the ground. Don't reuse the soil that you had when you've got them.. They are so small a slight breeze can send them flying to other plants....

I wish ya luck with them.. Persistence,, they can be beaten...

I have no idea where I've posted about these pests. On here somewhere.. I'll look in afew.....

Thanks Woody! I ordered some Green Cleaner and will order some Safer's too.

Haven't started yet, maybe this am for veg.....? Kinda dreading the task of removing all the big beautiful leaves and I have a billion questions, ugh.

I do know I've gotta scale back on my grow now.

Thanks Woody! I ordered some Green Cleaner and will order some Safer's too.

Haven't started yet, maybe this am for veg.....? Kinda dreading the task of removing all the big beautiful leaves and I have a billion questions, ugh.

I do know I've gotta scale back on my grow now.
I know I "liked" that post, Brother, but the bugs & scaling back sucks and between the "like" and the "sad" I chose the "like" even though it's still "sad", if you know what I mean! ;)

I hear you brother! I am so bummed but hope I can turn this into a learning experience and that I can make it to harvest.....

Cheers!:passitleft:
I hope your successful to I always like it when somebody wins the battle against these fuggars I lost my battle but there are growers out there doing it so think positive and good luck to you ween look forward to seeing your flowers!

Round 1 in the veg tent is done. I stripped all my big beautiful plants down pretty bare and they now look like Charlie Brown Christmas trees! Then I blasted them with leaf wash, bottom, top, stems and soil. I almost culled my A5 tilt experiment which has been a flop, instead just chopped everything but the top 2 mains and stood her up straight. I took the bag of leaves straight to garbage can at curb, washed the scissors and spray bottle with hot water, took a hot shower and started laundry with clothing I was wearing.

Questions about flower girls:

The two with flowers are pretty small and will not yield much, should I cull them? Other option is to put them back inn the small tent.

The other 2 in flower do not have pistils yet so I might be able to save them.....?

Should I try or cull?

If you say try to save, should I prune heavily before treating?

Thanks all!

Round 1 in the veg tent is done. I stripped all my big beautiful plants down pretty bare and they now look like Charlie Brown Christmas trees! Then I blasted them with leaf wash, bottom, top, stems and soil. I almost culled my A5 tilt experiment which has been a flop, instead just chopped everything but the top 2 mains and stood her up straight. I took the bag of leaves straight to garbage can at curb, washed the scissors and spray bottle with hot water, took a hot shower and started laundry with clothing I was wearing.

Questions about flower girls:

The two with flowers are pretty small and will not yield much, should I cull them? Other option is to put them back inn the small tent.

The other 2 in flower do not have pistils yet so I might be able to save them.....?

Should I try or cull?

If you say try to save, should I prune heavily before treating?

Thanks all!
I’d be looking at is it going to cost me more to grow then I’ll receive back in smokable bud. If not cull them and start over

Should I try or cull?
I'd cull and make sure I eradicate the pests and look at it like I just saved my next harvest, but that's just me, so I'd get some other opinions.

Here's the advice I recently posted in another journal:

Dealing with mites in the growroom:

dia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F5nsiFjdgylfK3csZ5T%2Fgiphy.gif

I'd cull and make sure I eradicate the pests and look at it like I just saved my next harvest, but that's just me, so I'd get some other opinions.

Here's the advice I recently posted in another journal:
I saw that I culled mine im not messing with those anymore I threw the soil out to don't want to keep that sorry ween!

...You've ordered some tools to fight back, so why not try to save them...both strains are worthy...best case, you win...worst case, you lose, but gave it an honest effort...if you can be comfortable with failure, giver'...not like there's a shortage of spare time these day's... ;) :rolleyes:...my .02...cheerz...:high-five::Namaste:...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom