Another Brix In The Wall Part 2: Hawk Clones Under Max Yield!

Hey All! Doing good here. Not seeing any on my veg girls but will continue treating. Still got em on the bloomers but can't do anything about that. I think delicious candy is close, maybe another week or so. BCP smelling awesome but not that black cherry ice cream I was hoping for, it's grape hi-c. I'm not bringing my phone for pics much because I don't want them getting on it, ha!

Cheers!:passitleft:
Make sure you keep treating even when you don't see them. They say they can reappear when you stop treating and recommend you treat for 5 weeks past any visible pests. Good luck with it brother!!

I chopped my Delicious Candy last night, washed in h202 but only 1/2-3/4 bottle in 5 gal of water, I guess it should have been stronger, then lemon juice and baking soda then rinse. Let hang for 3 to 4 hours and checked for mites which I easily found. Buds are in paper bags in fridge now.

I am considering spraying the buds with hot water or cold maybe just to blast them off but I read they hate the hot. Will that ruin the buds? Any other suggestions? I've read they migrate in dried buds so just want them gone. I will probably be chopping the rest of my bloomers and possibly even my veg, in which case, I may be done or at minimum be taking an extended break from growing, ugh....

I chopped my Delicious Candy last night, washed in h202 but only 1/2-3/4 bottle in 5 gal of water, I guess it should have been stronger, then lemon juice and baking soda then rinse. Let hang for 3 to 4 hours and checked for mites which I easily found. Buds are in paper bags in fridge now.

I am considering spraying the buds with hot water or cold maybe just to blast them off but I read they hate the hot. Will that ruin the buds? Any other suggestions? I've read they migrate in dried buds so just want them gone. I will probably be chopping the rest of my bloomers and possibly even my veg, in which case, I may be done or at minimum be taking an extended break from growing, ugh....
That sucks about your pest problem. Man I sure hope I don't have to deal with them, But if and when I do I know where to get some good advice. I sure hope you get them all gone and can get back to growing soon

If you are not seeing them in veg i would at the worst just kill them off in flower and reset again bud. IDK about blasting them with any water after cutting and doing the wash. If you are worried about the bugs maybe just turn it all into oil or something. You could probably make rso, or if you were set up to make bho. It is too bad you do not have any friends that make oil on a decent scale. People like that will usually process product for a percentage of the yield.

If you are not seeing them in veg i would at the worst just kill them off in flower and reset again bud. IDK about blasting them with any water after cutting and doing the wash. If you are worried about the bugs maybe just turn it all into oil or something. You could probably make rso, or if you were set up to make bho. It is too bad you do not have any friends that make oil on a decent scale. People like that will usually process product for a percentage of the yield.
Yeah, I recommend making RSO with it. You'll just extract the trichomes and the alcohol will sterilize & kill anything else. ;)

Hell yeah Yeti That's what I would do. Turn it all into oil or butter. I am making some oil up as we speak. I turn 75 to 80% of mine into oil or butter. Couldn't it also be used to squish and make some Dab. etc. ? I plan to make plenty of oil and butter. I have COPD and smoking gets my lungs all messed up and hurting so I don't smoke very often. If someone close to me needed to have some bud turned into oil I would be willing to make some for a % of what I make.

Use part to make cobs, they basically ferment so no harm no foul
That's a GREAT Idea 013 I tried some COB that Derbybud made up and I really liked it. It was CB Dutch treat and it was only 4% THC and 8% CBD so it is a 1:2 and all though it was low in THC I still got a buzz. I like COBs but they take some time and effort to make up

Thanks for the idea 013! I followed that thread for a while but then decided I would probably never do it.

Neiko told me I can use Green Cleaner in flower so am gonna spray my harvested buds with that, let sit for a bit, say 20 minutes then give a good wash. I'll also treat my flowering girls so I don't have to scrap them. Wish I knew this earlier as they would have been contained by now.

Cheers!

Yeah, I recommend making RSO with it. You'll just extract the trichomes and the alcohol will sterilize & kill anything else. ;)

That is my line of thinking as well. Glad I was not off on my thought process.

Hell yeah Yeti That's what I would do. Turn it all into oil or butter. I am making some oil up as we speak. I turn 75 to 80% of mine into oil or butter. Couldn't it also be used to squish and make some Dab. etc. ? I plan to make plenty of oil and butter. I have COPD and smoking gets my lungs all messed up and hurting so I don't smoke very often. If someone close to me needed to have some bud turned into oil I would be willing to make some for a % of what I make.
Thanks guys! Oil is my last ditch. I quit smoking all together for about 6 years due to a bad experience with edibles. If I have to I will and just donate it to friends who will use it.

What I meant with oil was RSO or BHO. Both of which are oils extracted with a solvent. I do not know that I would press the buds and make rosin. In this case a solvent based extraction seems best to me. So you could smoke the oil if you were to go this route Ween just take it easy! One dab is all you will need.

Yeah, last time I made RSO I started a small fire. Quick thinking and I brought the burning pan outside to the driveway and it burned out there. I appreciate all the input but I'm gonna use Green Cleaner on my harvested buds and flowering girls. I know it works just didn't know I could use it in flower before today. D'OH! :goof:

Hey PC, thanks man, yeah the cobs add a new twist. There a lot of folks who chew the cobs too for the non combustion crowd. I don’t have a vacuum sealer but it worked just fine double wrapped with corn husks tied off with garden wire, did the sweat, dried them off, resealed in the corn husk and rechecked every couple weeks at first.

Way to go ween, hope the green cleaner does the trick. Never tried it but probably need to get a bottle. I go half a step further on the bud wash and keep them in first bucket for about 3 to 5 minutes then a minute each in the other 2 buckets.

But Mr Krip & Yeti are spot on with the nuclear option too, ain’t nothing getting past the extraction.

Yeah, last time I made RSO I started a small fire. Quick thinking and I brought the burning pan outside to the driveway and it burned out there. I appreciate all the input but I'm gonna use Green Cleaner on my harvested buds and flowering girls. I know it works just didn't know I could use it in flower before today. D'OH! :goof:

Ween! One thing! Just the ONE THING you were definitely NOT suppose to lose track of!

You are NOT supposed to catch the whole thing on fire! :laughtwo: What are you, a walking cliche? :rofl:

Sheesh, first rule with RSO. FIRST RULE! :rofl:

Heheh, sorry.

Ween! One thing! Just the ONE THING you were definitely NOT suppose to lose track of!

You are NOT supposed to catch the whole thing on fire! :laughtwo: What are you, a walking cliche? :rofl:

Heheh, sorry.
Hey, Brother...It's really not nice to make fun of someone with no eyebrows! :rofl:

Heheh, sorry.

Haha! I know, I know, I deserved that!

Hey, Brother...It's really not nice to make fun of someone with no eyebrows! :rofl:

On the contrary, my eye brows are OUT OF CONTROL! It's ok, I think the crazy look it gives me helps keep people away from me.

Cheers Gray....Krip!

Haha! I know, I know, I deserved that!

On the contrary, my eye brows are OUT OF CONTROL! It's ok, I think the crazy look it gives me helps keep people away from me.

Cheers Gray....Krip!
There you go I think I will let mine grow out now, I don't like other people much when things start to get crowded. I have to take the clippers to mine at least every two week. I will let them go for awhile and see how people react :laugh: That and my nose hair :laugh: I am a hairy Beast. I hate it

That's a GREAT Idea 013 I tried some COB that Derbybud made up and I really liked it. It was CB Dutch treat and it was only 4% THC and 8% CBD so it is a 1:2 and all though it was low in THC I still got a buzz. I like COBs but they take some time and effort to make up
The best buzz I've gotten from any cobs I've made was from a 2/1 cbd/thc strain. I don't know what it is about it, but it's noticably better than all the other sativa cobs I've made. More energizing and you just feel wonderful.

The best buzz I've gotten from any cobs I've made was from a 2/1 cbd/thc strain. I don't know what it is about it, but it's noticably better than all the other sativa cobs I've made. More energizing and you just feel wonderful.
Then I am going to try making a couple COBs out of my SCB CBD that should make some good ones Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom