Just noticed I've got some purpling going on, hoping it continues!

Fan leaves also yellowing and falling off now
I'll be bringing out my loupe soon as I can't tell apart clear and cloudy trichomes with just my phone

Beautiful colors coming through there, what’s your evening temps like?

Hey Barillaro what medium and pot size are they in? They should be fine for 2 days if you give them a heavy watering

No need to break out the loupe yet. I'd say you have a good week or two looking at the pistils alone.

In terms of dry, I chop, wash, wet trim, and dry in a cardboard box with holes cut top and bottom for ventilation. Your method will depend entirely on the RH in the area you are hanging your harvest.
What do you mean by wash? Just run water over them? And I'll likely be drying in the tent as well. I think the rh in my garage sits at about 50%, would this be sufficient?

Bud washing is a thing! After chopping you swish them around (don't bump the sides or bottom) in a bucket (or three) of water mixed with H2O2 or lemon juice and baking soda, and then one bucket for rinsing, and hung in front of a fan to drip dry. Then you can wet trim and hang, or hang and dry trim just before you jar.

50% RH is fine. You need a small amount of airflow (not on the plants themselves, but through the tent), but not the speed of circulation you do when they're growing. Just enough to remove some of the moisture from the air in the tent as they dry.

Ideally you want to have more airflow early on to get the buds out of the mold-zone and then slow the dry down to allow the chlorophyll to dissipate over time. The less chlorophyll when you jar for the burping period the better. I try to get the hanging part to at least 4 days, but a week is better. It's not easy but I play with fan speed and the like.

When the stems will bend with a snapping feel but not break, that's usually the time to cut the buds off the stems and jar them, with a hygrometer in each jar. You can get them pretty cheaply now and they will save your harvest time and time again. If the jars read about 70% or lower overnight, you start the burping process. If they're higher than 70%, you put the buds back out again (I just put them in a cardboard paperbox lid) for another day to continue drying.

Once it's burping time, you want to go with twice a day for about 10 minutes each time for a week, and then once a day for another week. Hopefully at that point you will have the jars down to 62% RH and you can seal them for the curing stage, which I consider at least another 3-4 weeks.

Keep in mind that how long you burp for will be dictated by the RH in the burping environment, so there's no hard and fast rule about how long to keep the jars open. If your RH was 20% there would be no way to leave them open for long without them getting over-dry, so keep that in mind as you burp.

Bud washing is a thing! After chopping you swish them around (don't bump the sides or bottom) in a bucket (or three) of water mixed with H2O2 or lemon juice and baking soda, and then one bucket for rinsing, and hung in front of a fan to drip dry. Then you can wet trim and hang, or hang and dry trim just before you jar.

50% RH is fine. You need a small amount of airflow (not on the plants themselves, but through the tent), but not the speed of circulation you do when they're growing. Just enough to remove some of the moisture from the air in the tent as they dry.

Ideally you want to have more airflow early on to get the buds out of the mold-zone and then slow the dry down to allow the chlorophyll to dissipate over time. The less chlorophyll when you jar for the burping period the better. I try to get the hanging part to at least 4 days, but a week is better. It's not easy but I play with fan speed and the like.

When the stems will bend with a snapping feel but not break, that's usually the time to cut the buds off the stems and jar them, with a hygrometer in each jar. You can get them pretty cheaply now and they will save your harvest time and time again. If the jars read about 70% or lower overnight, you start the burping process. If they're higher than 70%, you put the buds back out again (I just put them in a cardboard paperbox lid) for another day to continue drying.

Once it's burping time, you want to go with twice a day for about 10 minutes each time for a week, and then once a day for another week. Hopefully at that point you will have the jars down to 62% RH and you can seal them for the curing stage, which I consider at least another 3-4 weeks.

Keep in mind that how long you burp for will be dictated by the RH in the burping environment, so there's no hard and fast rule about how long to keep the jars open. If your RH was 20% there would be no way to leave them open for long without them getting over-dry, so keep that in mind as you burp.
Great write up shed, thanks ! You answered questions I didn't even know to ask :laugh::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom