Another First Timer

LoLIsh

Hey everybody. So I'm another first timer here. I decided to experiment with growing, since the collective I was going to closed. So far, I have been having good results. My plants are 6 weeks old today. I am using Four 4' Fluorecent tubes, cool whites. The tallest plant is about 13" tall right now, and the widest is around 20". Every weekend, I try to give the plants as much sunlight as possible.

The plants are some unknown bag seeds, which felt like an Indica strain. Even the male shake they came from helped me with my knee joints, numbing the pain, so I have high hopes for these plants to give me good medicinal qualities.

Here are some pictures of the plants.

IMG_63931.JPG

I only gave them numbers, not names. In order from left to right, when they are in their usual home. Here, they are unorganized.

Number 1. This plant is topped.

1_full.JPG

1_top1.JPG

Number 2. This plant is NOT topped. This plant does have a nickname, The Bush. My widest plant.

2_full.JPG

2_top.JPG

Number 3. This plant is topped.

3_full.JPG

3_top.JPG

Number 4. This plant is NOT topped. This plant is my tallest. It's atleast 2 or so inches taller than all the others.

4_full.JPG

4_top.JPG

I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. MG basic growing nutes. I planned on changing the soil to Earth Juice Amazon Bloom when they get to the point of flowering. I also was going to use Earth Juice's Verde Fire Bloom nutes. I have a question about transfering from soil to soil. Should I knock off all of the Fox Farm soil from around the roots, or will that shock the plant too much, or just take off a decent ammount, but leave some still there to hold the structure together?

I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. MG basic growing nutes. I planned on changing the soil to Earth Juice Amazon Bloom when they get to the point of flowering. I also was going to use Earth Juice's Verde Fire Bloom nutes. I have a question about transfering from soil to soil. Should I knock off all of the Fox Farm soil from around the roots, or will that shock the plant too much, or just take off a decent ammount, but leave some still there to hold the structure together?

Are you using the same soil for the transplant? If so, don't remove any of the soil. If you're transplanting from a soil you don't like to one you do, then shake off most of the old soil.

It seems you're just going to keep using the Fox Farm, is that right? If so, then let the pots dry most of the way out. (You should be doing this anyway between waterings.)

When the pot is fairly dry, the root ball will occupy most of the pot. Just turn it upside down and give it a good thump. The plant should come out in a solid piece. If it seems stuck, run a knife blade around the inside edges to loosen it from the pot.

If you try to transplant when the soil is too wet, you will end up with a pile of mud.

By the way, I just checked Fox Farms website. This soil is good for vegetation and it already has nutrients in it. I guess you're worried that the soil you're transplanting from will be deprived of nutrients? I wouldn't worry. The nutrients are slow release and the soil will still have nutrients in it. The roots will soon move into the transplanted soil and use those nutrients as well.

As a general rule, you want to disturb your plants as little as possible. After all, stress is a killer!

P. S. Welcome to 420 magazine! Your plants are perfectly healthy. Is this your first grow? If so, you have a very green thumb.

Hey there. Yes this is my first successful grow. I have killed many seeds before hand. Finally sat down and did research on how to properly grow.

With the soil, I was thinking of switching to Amazon bloom when the plant is ready to flower. I really like the Fox Farms soil, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to use a blooming soil for the final stage. I may just leave them be.

Back again with a few more photos. This is how the spend most of their time. I have them on an 18/6 cycle.

IMG_63523.JPG

The Number order is from Left to Right. 1-4. There used to be a Number 5, but that's another story for another time (and kinda a sad one).

IMG_63413.JPG

Number One's Tops
IMG_63542.JPG

IMG_63611.JPG

Number Two's Tops
IMG_63582.JPG

Number Three's Tops
IMG_63602.JPG

Number Four's Tops
IMG_63572.JPG

They love to be hugging the light tube, and it doesn't burn the leaves. However, I won't let that happen during the flowering stage.

So I was measuring the plants today, and somehow, my tape measure decided to hack up one of the leaves on Number 3. Just minor damage to one leaf. However, I did find out that my tallest plant is 18'' now. I think when they all get to about 24 inches, I'll go ahead and start to flower them.

So yesterday, I gave the plants their first hair cut. I also fed them, coincidentally on the same feed that include Nutes. Checked them this morning when I woke up, and they are bouncing back very fast. Here's some pictures!

IMG_66491.JPG

IMG_66761.JPG

I forgot to take before photos of 3 and 4, oops. But here they are individually.

IMG_6658.JPG
IMG_66621.JPG

IMG_6664.JPG
IMG_66671.JPG

IMG_6669.JPG

IMG_6670.JPG

IMG_66721.JPG

Today they will have some fun in the sun. It's a nice, pretty warm sunny day.

Number 2 has the fattest leaf. And I forgot to mention, but the plants are Seven weeks old today.

Back with some photos!

Playing in the sun.

IMG_6680.JPG

The plants are 7 weeks old, and are all show pre-flower sex signs. However, I think it's too early to determine what sex they really are. Maybe in a week. But this is what they look like right now.

Number 1
11485.jpg

Number 2
21068.jpg

Number 3
3978.jpg

Number 4
4658.jpg

Any ideas on the sex?

Let's venture into the past of the plants. They didn't look normal all the time....

Here they all are (all Five!) on Day One.

Number 1
1_-_1.JPG

Number 2 (The leaf that is deformed never gave me a problem)
2_-_1.JPG

Number 3
3_-_1.JPG

Number 4
4_-_1.JPG

Number 5. Number 5 now lives with a friend of mine. He said it's about 2 feet tall now. It was also munched on by his dog Kronik. Pretty much the most damage the dog did was ate some fan leaves. Probably helped it in the long run, allowing more lights for the new growth below.
5_-_1.JPG

And the gang week by week.

Week 1
Week_16.JPG

Week 2
Week_29.JPG

Week 3
Week_33.JPG

Week 4 (overcast that day, so they stayed inside)
Week_47.JPG

Week 5
week_51.JPG

And the rest you know from post #1, which was Week 6.

Back
Top Bottom