Another hard candy question

Gothmog

A few months ago I asked here how the dispensaries make the hard candy, and the answer was that the overall process of making hard candy is quite simple, and if you want cannabis candy you just need to add in the tincture or honey oil or whatever, while the candy can still be stirred.

One dispensary that we occasionally use has hard candies which are very powerful. In fact, the staff there warn you about that, and advise you to suck on one for a few minutes and then wrap it up again for later. For typical patients, based on my very limited experience, I'd say a quarter to a half will work very well, although in the case of severe pain they might want more. As far as I can tell, the cannabinoids are impregnated throughout the interior of the candy, because the "last half" works as well as the "first half".

But, as it turns out, these candies start out as ordinary commercially available Jolly Rancher fruit flavored candy. So somehow they get the cannabinoids into them after they've been manufactured. How would they do that? If you "dope"--no pun intended--a Lifesaver or other hard candy with, let's say, tincture of cannabis, will the tincture naturally diffuse itself throughout the interior of the candy?

Hmmmm... I am not sure. This is great question. Here is just my silly guess. I would think they could get the Jolly Ranchers and remelt them, adding the honey oil. But I seriously do not know. But who knows... maybe they just dip them, or maybe it does diffuse. Man this is going to bug me all day until I find out how this really works. lol

well, they are shortcutting a bit,
in that they are melting down an existing Flavored Suger candy.gotta watch the heat can't go over 300 degrees while remelting. then you MUST let temp drop to 260 degrees prior to mixing in the cannabutter or oils.
be quick & get onto greased sheet.
Slag

Back
Top Bottom