Another LED lighting question

wilson2

ok grew under hps benifits higher yields bigger heads solider heavy heads. drawbacks heat stretching.
tried leds on their own for several grows benifits less heat more resin nice smoke drawbacks lower yields smaller heads lighter heads
tried leds + hps benefits higher yields solider heads more resin drawbacks heat. In winter this system works a treat I run the hps on thermostats and they regulate the heat. however in summer the hps hardly come on.
Given America has legalised growing in some states and is now professionally grown under leds surely there are led lights out there that are producing low heat, high yeilds and solid resinous heads. I am currently using mars 900s and yes the heads are light. Ive trolled through the forums with little luck it appears sponsers dictate the reviews. thanks in advance wilson

Hi Wilson2, :thanks: we are glad you love Mars Hydro lights, please feel free to check out our sponser thread and give us feedbacks, advice or just stopping by to say hi. :)
And if you have any question of using our lights, just feel free to let me know! I will try my best to help :love::love::love:

Many lights ( cobs) low watts = less heat and better efficacy.
well after many hrs trolling the internet mainly youtube, most cob manufactures claim high yields but fail to produce a thread actually showing the yields. black dog phtomax 2 has threads where they got 3.5lb from a 4x4 setup using photomax 2 1000. my grow area is 3.5x5 and I currently crop 1.5 to 2 lb a grow. I was thinking 2 x photomax 2 400s would suit this area.

LED is not a single entity, there's a big difference between different diodes.

Black dog is basically the same as mars hydro, not worth the extra cost, and 2 of those are only going to cover half your tent and do so at an insane price!

Some guy's yield won't tell you anything about a light, you have to look at the specs or PPFD measurements from unbiased sources.

The answer: Get something with Samsung LM301b or LM561c diodes, like Quantum Boards ;)

thanks for the replies ill keep investigating, what about timber cobs in the kit form? or k5 450 kind x2 or g8led 600bloom x2
my room is in feet. I do a screen of green using 2 plants due to local laws.

Horticulture Lighting Group, Timber Grow Lights. Both excellent options and huge value for money spent. Amare if you want to pay more. DIY if you are able with their kits or your components. If some insist on Mars the COB is the one to look at. And hot Mars girls.

@PurpleGunRack amen. Finally sanity. LED varies. People should do their homework. Good advice.

Samsung isn't the be-all end-all but you know if the product has it there is some expectation of quality so he's right if you get something with those models of LEDs it should be good. A lot of manufacturers ended up using Samsung because they have good quality with high efficiency at reasonable prices and then it caught on amongst people in the DIY segment. They don't have a magical spectrum just good quality. I've been using Samsung for 5 years in my designs.

LED is not a single entity, there's a big difference between different diodes.

Black dog is basically the same as mars hydro, not worth the extra cost, and 2 of those are only going to cover half your tent and do so at an insane price!

Some guy's yield won't tell you anything about a light, you have to look at the specs or PPFD measurements from unbiased sources.
Hey PGR, you tell the truth again! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Why is this kind of innovation being done in Korea rather than in North America?
Not to sound Trump like, but come on G.E. start innovating.

GE makes machines to make things and makes final products but not in between. Samsung is the GE of Korea and makes literally everything. They got in to white LEDs for their televisions using machines from semiconductors and then ventured in to selling chips to the public rather than starting out as an LED company. This is why they have no colored LEDs until this year and they only released a highh high output 660nm Led because of their recent success in horticulture end products. If you take a look at say osram they have lots of good product with a whole horticultural line and specific use wavelengths.

As for American cree is pretty much our only hope. They forge the die material here then have it "packaged" in china which means putting die in plastic housing and silicone because things are just that much cheaper over there to ship it there then bring it back. Cree makes good LEDs but have fallen behind in white leds but their white is still fine. Fluence was using cree for red in their spyder before being purchased by osram. Many american companies stopped using cree earlier on then they went in to competition with their customers and started making fixtures. So if you want to buy American buy Cree.

Back
Top Bottom