Another LED question

dtabbler

I plan on contacting the three suppliers i'm looking at, but currently i'm planning on purchasing a LED grow light. I'm between the three most reputable companies i've seemed to find, Advanced LED and Stealth LED being two of them. by budget is in the $5-700 range, what is stricking up my curiousity is the pricing per watt.

Stealth LED sells a 300W for $599, Flower for $699

Advanced LED 180W is $539, their 360W is on SALE for $1099

seems odd to me the advance LED is selling for near twice the price of others? they all three use 3W 3chip LED's

dont suppose anyone has any comments to share as to where the difference is at between these three companies?

Damn...for a second, I thought that Advanced Nutrients was making LEDs.

Yeah, that is crazy about the prices. I don't know, I'm one of the weirdos that is considerably suspicious of anything that seems like too good of a deal.

Hmm.

Others?

I plan on contacting the three suppliers i'm looking at, but currently i'm planning on purchasing a LED grow light. I'm between the three most reputable companies i've seemed to find, Advanced LED and Stealth LED being two of them. by budget is in the $5-700 range, what is stricking up my curiousity is the pricing per watt.

Stealth LED sells a 300W for $599, Flower for $699

Advanced LED 180W is $539, their 360W is on SALE for $1099

seems odd to me the advance LED is selling for near twice the price of others? they all three use 3W 3chip LED's

dont suppose anyone has any comments to share as to where the difference is at between these three companies?

I have absolutely no experience with Stealth so I can't comment on their lights. I have however do have some experience with Advanced and another company that is a former sponsor (whom I can't name due to 420 policy). The Advanced 360 has 288 High Output American Made LEDs. The lights themselves are manufactured (as are all of the lights) in China, but with American components, which is one of the reasons they are more expensive. Also, they have performed very well for me. If you check out my last grow I had one of their 180s do very well against a competitor's 300. My current grow will be comparing the 180 against their own 360. I am completely sold on the Advanced products.

Having said that, I am sure that Stealth has some good lights as well, and I understand they are doing a grow with 420 in the cannasumer reports section.

The bottom line with the LEDs is that good isn't cheap, and cheap isn't good. Do some research, call the companies and ask them about their lights. Check on their rate of return (defective lights), warranty period and ask as many questions you can think of.

I know that some companies are using different technology, some drive their lights to their max output (shortening the life) and some are just plain junk. Be an informed buyer if you decide to purchase an LED, they are an investment, but they should make up the cost with the first grow. Stay away from anything labelled as a 45 watt panel that only draws 18 watts (funny math) or similar claims. A light marketed as a 300, 360, 600 etc... should pull that many watts plus the watts for the fans and the power supplies. My 300s pull about 390, my 180 pulls 193 and I will test my new Advanced 360 on Monday and post that in my journal.

Best of luck on making a decision on which is the best light for your application (who knows, you might decide to go HID or T5).

The Advanced LED Lights LED units are not only made in China but are assembled using Chinese parts. Open one of the lights and look inside and you will see "made in China" labels on virtually all of the parts. Advanced LED lights is not being truthful when they claim the lights are made from American parts.

Back
Top Bottom