Another Light cycle question

Outspoken

Right guys, I am a complete NOOB At this growing buisness, I've never even grew veg or plants, Anyway - I'm looking for some advice on Light cycles, The website i bought my seeds from are telling me that;

"- Use a photoperiod of 12-14-16 hours of light for faster results (OUR BEST RESULTS WERE OBTAINED WITH 12/12 and 14/10 PHOTOPERIODS). If you leave it at 18 hours, you will have to stop feeding with growth fertiliser after two weeks and force the plant of Marijuana to flower, leaving it in darkness for 24—48 hours and then resuming the photoperiod. In any case, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING OUR AUTO-FLOWERING VARIETIES (Dr. Green Seeds) WITH PHOTOPERIODS OF OVER 16 HOURS, AS THE PLANTS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME TO END THE PROCESS, TENDING TO GROW TO A HUGE SIZE AND RISKING GROWING BEYOND THE GROWER'S CONTROL."

So from germination, Which i know is Upto 2 day in a Glass of water, to the Pot - knot side up...
These seeds are Auto Bubblegum's...

Soo.. Basically what im asking is for someone to let me know what light cycles to use the day the seeds go into the pot and onwards - Thanks guys!!

Jamie

those are some pretty intense instructions...

i have never grown autos... but, those dont sound like true auto's...

normally autos will grow under any light shedual, and flower no matter what.

either way, personally i would just go 12/12, if thats what they recommend...

Autos dont need 12/12 to flower they do it auto matically you might have to induce, but you can keep 24/0 the whole time and it takes like 2- months from seed to flower. Do over nute or over water, water when soil is dry mix it a lottle cause there could still be wet soil inder the dry. When giving nutes use half of recommended unless you know what to do, but dont nute until a couple set of leaves. Germinating could take 3-5 days from my experience so dont be sad if it doesnt happen right away, take some pics start a journal to get help from some more experienced growers happy growing

But from what i've read don't the plants benefit from darkness at least 8-10 hours a day for Root growth?? Forgive me if i'm wrong.

Plants can grow massive roots in 24/7 lighting. So far when I veg indoors I only use 24/7 light and my plants can fill up 5 gallon pots within a month or less from start.

Your seeds are not real Autos. They are just normal seeds that they call "autos". Real autos flower under any light.

Stick with the companies recommendation for the seeds. The plant sounds like a finicky one.

Yea Darkness does help the plants progress faster there are other light cycles 20/4 and 18/6 but for me I do the 24/0 cause they grow so fast under 24 hours of light but during flowering I think is what youre talking about cause thats another reason why you give plants 12/12 cause they need to do stuff at night, but read this The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis look at the diminishing light routine that I believe will help your plant during flowering. But youre correct about the fact they need dark but during veg not really just during flowering, and since youre growing autos thats prob why. But happy growing take some pics, start a journal you could get feeedback from some expererts and increase your yield, from experience they know there stuff

Plants grow roots more vigorously when they have a dark period, however it does not mean you won't get good root growth when using 24/0
I have used both 24/0 and 18/6. I would say with the way I run my plants they seem to do better in 18/6, not sure if other factors may have affected this as well though.
If you're growing auto-flowering seeds then running 12/12 during veg won't cause them to flower (obviously, because they are autos) so if that is what the seed bank is recommending than that is what I would do. They also say 14/10 worked well. It might be interesting to see what kind of results 14/10 brings you, since it isn't a photoperiod that is used when growing traditional seeds.

See Tmcquire I Was actually looking at that - It's Uncommon i've found :S - i've started my grow now anyway - So We'll all see what the Score is! If anyone wants to keep tabs with me Sub to the link in my Sig ^^;

Sorry, Now it's there ^^;

Back
Top Bottom