Another lighting question haha

Mjc5281

Sorry everyone but I got another question about lighting, but it's such a crucial aspect of growing. I have a 600w LED grow light with a veg and bloom setting. Its about 3' away from the clones. At that distance it keeps the air around the plants in the mid 60s to mid 70s and from 62-75% humidity throughout the day. Should I focus on keeping these or do I need to know the true wattage and why is it important?

do I need to know the true wattage

YES!

and why is it important?

Why is it important to know what kind of coverage you'll get out of a gallon of paint before you decide to go buy some, come home, and paint your house?

You need to know this because it's really important (understatement of the year, lol?) to be able to size your grow space to match your light's/lights' prowess, or vice versa. Do that, then fill your space with plants. Giving your plants more light-energy than they can process is a waste; either enlarge your space (try to match the shape of it to the shape of the footprint of your light(s) if at all possible, because your space's walls aren't what you're aiming to harvest) or use less lighting. Giving them insufficient amounts of light-energy is, of course, also a waste; you'll end up with skimpy/airy buds, small ones, few of them, or some combination of all these things.

BtW, 3' light-to-plant distance seems pretty extreme to me unless you have a powerful light that has lenses and is designed for "high-bay" type grows. Why so far, did you just now stick the clones in there and are spending the next several days acclimating them by lowering it a few(+?) inches per day until you get to a reasonable height?

YES!

Why is it important to know what kind of coverage you'll get out of a gallon of paint before you decide to go buy some, come home, and paint your house?

You need to know this because it's really important (understatement of the year, lol?) to be able to size your grow space to match your light's/lights' prowess, or vice versa. Do that, then fill your space with plants. Giving your plants more light-energy than they can process is a waste; either enlarge your space (try to match the shape of it to the shape of the footprint of your light(s) if at all possible, because your space's walls aren't what you're aiming to harvest) or use less lighting. Giving them insufficient amounts of light-energy is, of course, also a waste; you'll end up with skimpy/airy buds, small ones, few of them, or some combination of all these things.

BtW, 3' light-to-plant distance seems pretty extreme to me unless you have a powerful light that has lenses and is designed for "high-bay" type grows. Why so far, did you just now stick the clones in there and are spending the next several days acclimating them by lowering it a few(+?) inches per day until you get to a reasonable height?
Heres a picture of the distance they are pretty far from the light

Attachments

• 1533811781789534519576852401611.jpg
    1533811781789534519576852401611.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 228
thats what i was going to ask. You need your temps at 83F and 60-80RH, or plant growth will be extreamly slow because the plant isnt opening its stomatas to intake CO2 for growth.

put another flower pot in there with nothing but soil, and wet it down. or you need a humidifier, or wet a towel with hot water and hang in your area. the wet towel with hot water works great, instantly.

but your in a good range right there.

One thing tho, that tall one, cut the top 6 inches off, and clone that. There is SOOOO much vegitation on that branch, that not having roots, its going to battle itself to death for nutes.

also, u dont need that light for clones in a bottle of water. keep under smallest light bulb you have for 7 days, then once you notice the end where you cut turn brownish, you want to get it into some soil. Thats how I clone myself, but I use clonex before putting in soil medium.

I dont spray with water, i dont keep it humid, wait 7 days, get in soil, put under low light for 7 days, then you should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom