Another Noob checking in

ScurvyKnave

Greetings and +Karma to you all -

I'm new here, and as for growing I'm almost a complete noob. Well, I am really, the last weed I grew was in 1987 and things have changed a bit I'm sure. I've been studying a lot and have decided to go ahead with my first grow.

I'm planning a setup in an unused bedroom closet, which measures 5X5 although I'm only going to use a portion to grow about 4 plants at a time (in soil). The walls are white, so I don't know if I need reflective material or not?

If you see any potential problems with my idea of a setup, or have suggestions I'd very much appreciate your input!!

Here is my equipment list - some I have, some on the way, some I haven't bought yet:

G8LED 450 Watt LED Grow Light
3 Gal Smart Pots - I plan to use FFOF/Light Warrior 2:1 ratio
Seeds: Auto Candy Kush and Fruit Punch Fems (chosen for their purported high)
FoxFarm nutes - there's a retail supplier here I can get them from

I have a spare bedroom with a closet wall that adjoins the grow closet - I'm thinking of venting into the spare room through this wall via a charcoal filter/fan setup.

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions...thanks!! :Namaste:

Welcome ye ScurvyKnave :) to :420: :welcome:

We're glad to have you join us here on the number one internet resource for cannabis awareness working towards an end to cannabis prohibition everywhere.

FAQs is a great place to get a quick response to your growing (and other) questions. New Member Start Links is also full of good links to help you navigate the site.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! :)

:Namaste:

Greetings and +Karma to you all -

I'm new here, and as for growing I'm almost a complete noob. Well, I am really, the last weed I grew was in 1987 and things have changed a bit I'm sure. I've been studying a lot and have decided to go ahead with my first grow.

I'm planning a setup in an unused bedroom closet, which measures 5X5 although I'm only going to use a portion to grow about 4 plants at a time (in soil). The walls are white, so I don't know if I need reflective material or not?

If you see any potential problems with my idea of a setup, or have suggestions I'd very much appreciate your input!!

Here is my equipment list - some I have, some on the way, some I haven't bought yet:

G8LED 450 Watt LED Grow Light
3 Gal Smart Pots - I plan to use FFOF/Light Warrior 2:1 ratio
Seeds: Auto Candy Kush and Fruit Punch Fems (chosen for their purported high)
FoxFarm nutes - there's a retail supplier here I can get them from

I have a spare bedroom with a closet wall that adjoins the grow closet - I'm thinking of venting into the spare room through this wall via a charcoal filter/fan setup.

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions...thanks!! :Namaste:

:welcome: to :420: ScurvyKnave. I find that flat white paint is good. I think that you should be good to go. Air circulation and heat build up are a couple of things to be watchful for. Look around and have fun. I hope that your weekend is going well. :thumb:

Many thanks and greetings to you all - got my grow room 50% done, waiting on vent fan and filter. Going to do the ventilation out hole in the upper left - this will vent into a closet in an (empty) adjoining room. I'm putting a passive vent hole in the bottom where the water bottle is in my picture.

ScurvyCloset2.jpg

Hey ScurvyKnave!! Welcome to 420 Magazine!!

Looks like you got a great plan going so far. I would recommend starting a grow journal here so you can document your grow to look back on, and you will gain awesome friends and tips along the way :)

As far as your setup... looks like you got the basis covered.. !

I welcome you to 420 magazine and hope that you find it your new home for growing :)

Here are a few helpful links I post to all new members, it may help you find some info you were looking for or just explore the site even more :)

Best of luck on your grow!

So here is how you get started :)

Here are some useful links that will help you learn about growing, and how to get it right the first time :)
First rule of thumb is, do the research first, if you can't find the answer anywhere, then ask. I can almost gurantee that
The question has been asked before. There are tons of resources and kind and knowledgeable growers at 420 magazine
and I am sure you will find it a great home!

Make sure to check out the forum rules and guidelines. We have a great community here and I welcome you to check out..
Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Are you new to growing and don't know where to start, here is a link that will teach you everything you need to know :)
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

If you couldn't find what your looking for in the last link, you can find many of your answers by visiting The Grow Room.
THE GROW ROOM

Do you have sick plants that need answers, check out our Problems, Pest's and Disease control forum at
Problems, Pests & Disease Control

Another great way to get started in your new membership is by starting a grow journal. This allows you to document your grow, add photo's
and share your experience with all of us!! Remember to be detailed, so if you run into problems we can help you fix them and have a successful
grow :)
How to Make a Grow Journal
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Are you looking to purchase new growing equipment, nutrients, growing or smoking accessories, check out our sponsors!
As a member you can take advantage of specials that are run time to time :)
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

Well I hope you enjoy exploring our wonderful community and feel free to make yourself home :)

By the way, don't forget to check out the monthly contests where you can vote, enter, and win prizes!
420 Contests

Back
Top Bottom