Another Poor Man's Grow!

420Dude,

Just watch out for Cal/Mag with distilled. A tablespoon of epsom salts or unsulphered molasses once in awhile will keep the Macros up to strength.

How many watts do you have in there. I have 2 plants on 125w CFL 6500k for 3 weeks and they look very nice they are short but bushey. So I used some tax refund for a 400w mh/hps light. Did i just waste my damn money. I will never grow more than 2 at a time. I just started a journal with 1 pic.

How many watts do you have in there. I have 2 plants on 125w CFL 6500k for 3 weeks and they look very nice they are short but bushey. So I used some tax refund for a 400w mh/hps light. Did i just waste my damn money. I will never grow more than 2 at a time. I just started a journal with 1 pic.

Rillos, he is doing a poor mans grow with a very short turn around, so he is using small CFLs. If you are going to grow just 2 plants, your 400 watter is going to be perfect! You'll have great light penetration that produce nice dense buds covered with great amounts of resin! You wasted no money at all, you made a great investment!

If you put cardboard cut to the size of your container wrapped in aluminum foil or mylar under the plant resting on the container it will reflect and wasted light back up towards the canopy. It will add about 15% more growth dependent on the amount of light and how efficient it is used initially.

420Dude,

Just watch out for Cal/Mag with distilled. A tablespoon of epsom salts or unsulphered molasses once in awhile will keep the Macros up to strength.

Nice share SABO, sounds like you have a few grows under your belt, that's good information to store in my dome, I may need some advice one day. I ran out of Repps aka Green Bags!:goodjob:

I love molasses it makes them ladies chunky. Easily a week ahead in size compared to my previous grow.

I love molasses it makes them ladies chunky. Easily a week ahead in size compared to my previous grow.

Yes Smoker, I've been adding molasses once a week & the colas are really starting to get thick on the AK 48s. The Skunk Northern Lights are slower in cola development, but I think it's strain related.

I am currently running 132watts with only one 6500cfl and four 2700cfl and it always works fine for veg. My space is 2.5'hx1.5'wx2'd so all my light is in one spot and I added windshield reflecting sheet for more effective lighting. What is the size of your space? I can stop over and check it out in a few minutes. As for the 400watt mh/hps, its a good investment! When it comes time to flower, add that bad boy and the buds will love you! I use to add a 100watt mh in my flowering stage and I could really see the difference in size, trichomes, and quality. I had atleast 4-5 at a time then, in a bigger space though. Hell you can add it in veg. and they will love it. Give it a go!:thumb: and thanks for joining the grow! :thanks:

Im growing from bag seed and many have told me they believe it is northern lights that I am growing. Wish I knew for sure

If you put cardboard cut to the size of your container wrapped in aluminum foil or mylar under the plant resting on the container it will reflect and wasted light back up towards the canopy. It will add about 15% more growth dependent on the amount of light and how efficient it is used initially.

I usually do this using the same reflective material that's on the walls. Thanks for mentioning it cause I missed it this grow lol.:high-five:

No problem just want to see everyone utilize tricks to get the most yield they can.

I have never used molasses but have heard some good things about it. I may invest in some next grow. I wanna keep this grow as simple as possible to show others what can be accompleshed using very little.:Namaste:

Its about 5.00 and it will pack on the weight. To me for 5.00 if it adds even 1/4 oz its well worth it. Thats pretty much how I evaluate nutrients and such. There are free things you can do like lst and crunching the stems to form huge knots on them. I just took a 34 inch plant and bent it and created so many knots . It is about 10 inches tall now.

Back
Top Bottom