Another Rookie checking in, In need of advice!

Wrek0ne

How's it going fellow cannibus friends, this is my first post and currently in the works of starting my first grow. Right now I'm working on gathering all the materials i need to get started . I have 2 auto easy ryder on the way plus 1 fem critical and 2 haze skunk seeds.im planning on growing the auto easy ryder first since this is my first grow. My plan is to grow them outside my balcony on the east coast. Weather right now up here is about 70-85 everyday. Right now All have is a 9x9 nursery container which is 8.5 in depth .

I'm having trouble on choosing a soil , I've done so much reserch and everybody has there on wAy.
So I was thinking of using roots organic soil with there organic nutes.

Can somebody help me out and send me the right direction on a organic soil and nute which is simple for a first timer.

Re: Another Rookie checking in , In need of advice!!

Hello Wrek0ne. Welcome. Sub'g. Roots is good. Used it often but not right now. Sounds like you like organics. Roots and others include good stuff, but IMO not that much of it. Good starting point though.

Well I'm going with organic since I'm growing outside on my balcony . Do you recommend roots organic by utself or a mix with ff light warrior. I need somebody to direct me. I don't wanna mess this up

I've started seedlings in Roots often. It's good for that since it's light and airy due to coco base and good amount of perlite. Your good to go with it, no worries.

So should I go with just roots original organic soil or something like the 707, soiless line? Would I need to pick up some nutes or should that soil take me into flower ?

I think 707 is for grow in bag but not sure. Iirc it is more of a moisture retaining mix. I stuck to the original. Organic growers often mix and amend their mixes. I add lots of stuff. Many recipes available as guidelines. Lots of fun creating your own mix.

No, while good Roots as is will not get you to bloom. will need to feed and supplement along the way.

I think 707 is for grow in bag but not sure. Iirc it is more of a moisture retaining mix. I stuck to the original. Organic growers often mix and amend their mixes. I add lots of stuff. Many recipes available as guidelines. Lots of fun creating your own mix.

No, while good Roots as is will not get you to bloom. will need to feed and supplement along the way.

What do you recommend to supplement
And feed during flowering . I'm looking for something simple or should I amend it a lil and suplement with roots organic nutrition line?

Good idea to start with Roots line and a few amendments...a CaMg source like Dolomite lime (also buffers pH), micorrhizae for sure. Part of the fun of organics for me is learning what all the various things include and do.

So basically for soil I'm doing roots organic original

And for supplement mycorrhizae and or camg ?

Sry for asking many questions just want to make sure I buy the right thing

No problem. My computer blew out its hd so I'm enjoying playing with a new iPad.

Roots has a dry line...foundation, elemental, grow ,bloom. Check out what's in each...good stuff without buying separately and mixing. I got enough samples before and liked them. While you're waiting for seeds, suggest you mix whatever you decide to add and let it start "processing".

No problem. My computer blew out its hd so I'm enjoying playing with a new iPad.

Roots has a dry line...foundation, elemental, grow ,bloom. Check out what's in each...good stuff without buying separately and mixing. I got enough samples before and liked them. While you're waiting for seeds, suggest you mix whatever you decide to add and let it start "processing".
So if I go with roots organic original soil and roots organic dry nutrition Mix it up ,let it sit and wait till my seed gets here and plant. I will be ok till flowering stage ?

What do you recommend ?

Hello Wrek, my friend Light Addict sent me to see if I could help you. I am an organic grower outside. You can look at my links to grows. My first grow was started under CFL's and finished in the greenhouse and outside.

The first thing I would say is to use nothing smaller than a five gallon container. I mix my own soils so telling you a long list of additives is not going to do much for you if you are a beginner. No soil will give you a complete fertilizer good enough to get you through the entire grow. I use a number of different fertilizers, one being Urban Farm. I am really liking their product. I ordered it online, but I think somewhere in my journals there are photos of the bag for you to look at the exact formula I bought.

Also, I am impressed with a product which is a sponsor here called Growology. It looks expensive and is, but it is simple and easy. There are three steps and the first is not totally organic, but by the end of the grow should be totally flushed out. I will be using this for my next indoor grow. If you want to see someone who uses it, find someone named Dennise. Her older journal is very gigantic, so check her new journal grow.

Your plants will need a minimum of 6 hours of direct sun per day to produce good pot. When I first came here to 420 I was in awe of all the differing methods being used. The myraid soils, nutes, and other marketed products for canna growing. I don't buy most of it. You are fortunate that you're hooked in to a great bunch of growers who are very successful. I'm talking about Light Addict, Dennise, King John C, BAR, Relaxed Lester, Radogast, Canna Girl, etc...sorry if I left your name off, I love you all.

So, whatever soil you do decide to buy, know it is not going to give you the fertilization they claim on the bag. I prefer you use soil with nothing in it and add what you need as you go. That is what I like about the Growology. It is great for beginners, including me. Check out Dennise's journal.

Dennise Growing Under A Znet4 In Soilless Medium With Growology

:welcome: Sorry but i will rock the boat here a bit. Autoflowering plants are not going to need near the amount of nutes as photoperiod plants. With autoflowers less is better! The most important thing to remember is that they hate to be transplanted. Start them right away in their forever homes (and the bigger the pot the better), it still blows me away to see the massive root structure these smaller plants can produce! You landed in the right place for great information, take it all in and then do what makes sense to you.

:welcome: Sorry but i will rock the boat here a bit. Autoflowering plants are not going to need near the amount of nutes as photoperiod plants. With autoflowers less is better! The most important thing to remember is that they hate to be transplanted. Start them right away in their forever homes (and the bigger the pot the better), it still blows me away to see the massive root structure these smaller plants can produce! You landed in the right place for great information, take it all in and then do what makes sense to you.

Yes, good point and one I forgot to mention. I grew 4 strains of autos. I didn't think I liked them very much, but I have to say the smoke I got out of them is excellent. It is stronger than street friends have smoked! And they buy medical grade. So I may try autos again in a pinch. Next time I order seed I plan to order a few autos because of how easy they are. I did fertilize mine regularly and they survived a spider mite problem, but that was in the greenhouse. I must have had them on something else I was growing out there and boom. Explosion.

Definitely they do not like transplanting so I started mine in peat pellets and planted them right into 5 gallon containers right away. It's all there on my journal for autos.

Back
Top Bottom