Another sex question. Is this normal or is it a hermy?

kazz

HYDRO GROW

Strain - unknown (Nirvana freebie)
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - coco in hempy bucket
Grow Stage - Flower
Setup - drain to waste
Light - 400 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydronponics Flora series
Medium - coco coir
PPM - 900
PH - 5.8 - 5.9
RH - 50% to 60%
Room Temperature -72 to 77
Room Square Footage - 9 (3x3 tent)
Pests - None Known

Problem: I've been gone for a week, and when I got home I had a plant that looked quite a bit different than when I left. The bud sites have an appearance of a bunch of grapes. However, some of these "grapes" have hairs coming out of them. These are all over the plant, not just in one area.

I pulled the plant and started to trash it, but thought I would ask for opinions first. This is only my second grow and is an unknown strain. So hell, this may be completely normal. I just know that it does not look like other plants in the tent or in my first grow.

The plant is about a month into flower and seems very healthy. It was easy to sex when the bud sites first began forming. I've had no issues with ph or really anything at all. I was really surprised in the change of appearance after a week's absence.

This is a pic of one of the sites:

Image14847.jpg

And a close look at same area:

Image1close.jpg

Other random shots of same plant:

Image61006.jpg
Image51004.jpg
Image41006.jpg
Image31008.jpg

I'd appreciate any thoughts you have on the subject.

Don't worry about calling me an idiot - I know that already:blushsmile:

Thank you!

Here are pictures of the plant from a distance if it helps to determine maturity, etc.

Taken under HPS:

2hps.jpg

Essentially the same angle but with a flash:

2flash.jpg

I could be wrong and it's hard to see clearly from your pics....but I think I see seed pods in those pics

Hmm, if there are seed pods then it has pollinated itself. I don't see anything similar on the other 3 plants in the tent, but to be honest, I'm not sure what a seed pod looks like. Do I need to take some more pictures?

I see what you mean. I'll open one of the rounded parts with hair and see what's inside. 12/12 is in dark right now. I'll get some close up shots of that type of area tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

here is another shot that looks alot like your pics...see the pods?

I see the "grape" things that appear similar to what Im seeing on my plant. I'll take your word that seeds are inside. :blushsmile: I guess we will know for sure tomorrow.

Thanks again!

I pinched off a couple of the questionable "grape clusters" from the bud end. I cut open one of them that had a couple of hairs protruding. Nothing that I could identify as a seed. Actually it was just mush.

Here are a couple of pics of the clusters:

usbpiccontrast2.jpg
usbpiccontrast.jpg

I don't know. I was hoping someone could give me a clear answer on this, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Oh well, at least I'm not a complete idiot and missing something obvious.

Thanks for your answers and insights Heady.

Back
Top Bottom