Another To Trim Or Not To Trim

Fulltimefarmer

So I am a few days past last stretch. About 25F from what I count as first hairs. I trimmed through veg, and defoliate to a degree but it the whole Brazilian. Do you think the girl could use some more cutting? Or should I snip off the seemingly developing lower flowers to give life to the upper stuff? I typically keep a clean house but have been reading and watching more and more grow threads where they go down to two nodes..and the local grow houses seem to do really well on full on agent orange except for one pair on top.. anyway here’s my gurl. 2x “600 watt” amazon led panels, fed through a flood/reservoir 8x a day, current ppm is 650, ph of 5.7. she Likes the haircuts but I don’t want to go too far...
17ECE097-5830-4D64-818D-607311123259.png
69ABDA28-62B1-4010-8A8B-8BBE7B72153A.png
36F434B5-C561-4C6C-B2AB-C8905EAD82BC.png

Looks like you’ve done a nice job with LST and controlling the canopy. I find it to be sort of a personal preference. I know people who really aggressively remove material leaving only prime bud sites, I personally lean a bit more on the conservative side for defoliation.

I’ll pick sort of an imaginary line and remove material below that horizontal plane. I’ll additionally selectively remove leaves to increase airflow and some light through the canopy. I like the idea of having a few extra leaves, in the event I run into any issues, since the plants aren’t creating new leaves in flower, gives me a bit of extra to fall back on.

Based on your pictures I like where you’re at both other may have different opinions. Definitely look healthy!

Looks like you’ve done a nice job with LST and controlling the canopy. I find it to be sort of a personal preference. I know people who really aggressively remove material leaving only prime bud sites, I personally lean a bit more on the conservative side for defoliation.

I’ll pick sort of an imaginary line and remove material below that horizontal plane. I’ll additionally selectively remove leaves to increase airflow and some light through the canopy. I like the idea of having a few extra leaves, in the event I run into any issues, since the plants aren’t creating new leaves in flower, gives me a bit of extra to fall back on.

Based on your pictures I like where you’re at both other may have different opinions. Definitely look healthy!
Thanks, I try to keep it under control from the first chop. Then give em a few days, take off my tie downs let em relax for a day or two...tie em back down again. Makes for strong stems and effective control of the canopy. This plant seems to like the bushy state it’s in but little bud sites are popping up on the mainline stems lower than I would usually keep em. Almost all the interior flowers were from the stretch on a nearly bare lolIpopped stems...so I wasn’t accounting for all the interior growth, but now that it’s there..I have a hard time chopping them off.

Thanks, I try to keep it under control from the first chop. Then give em a few days, take off my tie downs let em relax for a day or two...tie em back down again. Makes for strong stems and effective control of the canopy. This plant seems to like the bushy state it’s in but little bud sites are popping up on the mainline stems lower than I would usually keep em. Almost all the interior flowers were from the stretch on a nearly bare lolIpopped stems...so I wasn’t accounting for all the interior growth, but now that it’s there..I have a hard time chopping them off.
I like to lollipop indoors. It helps with airflow and I like uniform nuggets or as close to uniform I can get them. I like messing with them also.

Back
Top Bottom