Another trichome question

KJM

My plants buds are almost ready. The hairs have all faded to brown and curled up and the trichomes are mostly all cloudy with a very rare amber one. Its been like that for a week or more with no real change. So how long does it normally take for trichomes to turn from cloudy to amber? I'm hoping for about 20% amber but I also want to cut it down in about 4 days on Saturday. Should I give it another week? Do some plants not get amber? Its a biscotti strain, 20/80 stativa/indica photo period.

Oh that old chest nut :lot-o-toke:

Well if ya paying your own electric bill & wishing for the mythical 20% amber tric ... the question is how long ?

In general not all strains behave the same !

amber is full on degraded to lesser psychoactive compounds,, ed rosenthal science says so,, why wait?? do it now,,,....!!!!!

I will also add that I am doing a staggered harvest - I take maybe a 1/4 of the plant and then a week or so later another bunch. I am now at the point of waiting for the amber - but - patience is wearing thin!!! :nervous-guy: :nervous-guy::nervous-guy:Happily this is the best weed I've ever grown so if it all stays at this level, I'm happy!!!:thumb:

I will also add that I am doing a staggered harvest - I take maybe a 1/4 of the plant and then a week or so later another bunch. I am now at the point of waiting for the amber - but - patience is wearing thin!!! :nervous-guy: :nervous-guy::nervous-guy:Happily this is the best weed I've ever grown so if it all stays at this level, I'm happy!!!:thumb:
What are you growing? I'm already wondering what to grow next season....I might do the staggered harvest as well.

I was gifted these seeds - so I can't speak for the authenticity - Peyote, Blue Cheese and from a neighbours plant. I have pollinated a bud or two on the Peyote and Blue Cheese from a male "Brian".
I find that with a staggered harvest you might not "guess totally wrong" - you should be able to hit some of it "right" :thumb:

I was gifted these seeds - so I can't speak for the authenticity - Peyote, Blue Cheese and from a neighbours plant. I have pollinated a bud or two on the Peyote and Blue Cheese from a male "Brian".
I find that with a staggered harvest you might not "guess totally wrong" - you should be able to hit some of it "right" :thumb:
Thats what I was thinking. Maybe I will end up with some "head high"weed and some couch lock weed.

amber is full on degraded to lesser psychoactive compounds,, ed rosenthal science says so,, why wait?? do it now,,,....!!!!!
That is what I have been thinking lately. Why wait?

I kept plants going 10, 11, and sometimes 12 weeks of flower and no one said "Wow, this is the best weed."

Lately I have been pulling plants out of the flowering tent 8 or 9 weeks after the start of pistil growth and everyone is more than satisfied. Somehow I don't see the gardeners for the underground market sitting around watching their electric meters spinning dials while their weed is waiting a couple more weeks to show 10-20% amber.

I took down about half the plant today. I'll leave the rest for another week or so....maybe. I had to move my heater from the greenhouse to the garage, so I'm wondering would a very light frost hurt the rest of the plant?

I don't thinks so - I've had outside plants back in the bush that I just leave - whenever I check on them they seem to be fine well into frosty weather.
Yeah, thats what I was hoping, I read similar things before, so I should be safe for another week with no heat. Especially in a greenhouse.

That is what I have been thinking lately. Why wait?

I kept plants going 10, 11, and sometimes 12 weeks of flower and no one said "Wow, this is the best weed."

Lately I have been pulling plants out of the flowering tent 8 or 9 weeks after the start of pistil growth and everyone is more than satisfied. Somehow I don't see the gardeners for the underground market sitting around watching their electric meters spinning dials while their weed is waiting a couple more weeks to show 10-20% amber.
Most hash makers pull around week 6...clear trichs make for blonde hash...it's a win win.

When i was much younger, blonde hash was considered the lowest grade of hash. Red was better, black was best. God only knows what was in the black we smoked.
It's crazy how the market has changed...we can now take very poor quality product, turn it into oil...or what some call rso and then crash it out of solution making a 100% pure isolate that is shelf stable and consistent. I even heard of a lab that can grow trichs now...no need to even grow the plant anymore..

When i was much younger, blonde hash was considered the lowest grade of hash. Red was better, black was best. God only knows what was in the black we smoked.
Loved that hard dark red from the early 70s.

Back
Top Bottom