Another yellow leaves question

Southpw

Hi Growers. A new member and grower here. The amount of knowledge and information here is amazing. From my searching through the forum, I think I know the problem but I thought I would ask for opinions on a solution or alternative reasoning

SOIL OUTDOOR GROW
Potted

Strain - Blue Dream, Banana Kush, Gorilla Glue #4
# of Plants - 4 total
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Bloom
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - Sun
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Nature's Care organic potting soil
PPM - ?
PH - 6.8
RH - ?
Pests - None Known

My fan leaves have been turning yellow for a long time now. I would guess since July in the veg stage. I tried to remedy by mixing some Nature's Care blood meal in with some soil and put in on top of existing soil and watering in the blood meal to boost Nitrogen..... As I believe a nitrogen def. is what I have.
I re-potted during veg stage to larger pot and yellowing continued(not that I thought it would fix this issue ha ha)
2 days ago I added some more blood meal and soil to top up these pots. I have only used a trace amount of blood meal as it doesn't take much and I don't want to do to much damage to my plants that are now in week 4 or 5 of flowering.
During my entire grow I have not been doing any trimming of leaves, only yellow/brown leaf removal.
Here are a few pics. Do you think it's a N def.? Remedy at this stage? When do fan leaves usually start to fall? Maybe I can make it to the end of my grow leaving it as is and lose all my fan leaves?

Attachments

• IMG_20190906_195426.jpg
    IMG_20190906_195426.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_20190906_195419.jpg
    IMG_20190906_195419.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_20190906_195402.jpg
    IMG_20190906_195402.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 257
Looks fairly normal to me....they are in flower and sucking the nutrients out of the leaves...normal. Common mistake is overthinking and adding a lot of fixes to a non-issue...causing real issues ;) I would continue with the feeding plan and when the leaves get fully yellow (like several I see above) just pluck them off...at this stage of flower I am plucking several a day it seems (also outdoor in soil).

For example, you can see the yellowing leaves on this perfectly healthy plant....

Are any of them falling off on their own? Also, remember, the ones that already have the issue won't get better by giving them more N.

I've been talking to a few different people in the last few weeks (locally) who are outside and whose plants look similar to yours. I believe its normal at this point.

How far do you think they will go? Mid October? Not sure what you are growing.

Thanks for the reply.
I am growing a few varieties big all are hybrid with sativa dominance.
2 of my plants should harvest mid October (ones on the left and right)
Other 2 are in one pot and not as far along as the others and might need to stretch those at least a few weeks.
I will continue to monitor as is and probably just cross my fingers and let them do their thing as I am concerned with adding to many things to the mix this late.
I am constantly having to redrill my drain holes in these pots as roots grow and block the holes. It's the only way I can get water to flow through the pot.

And the leaves do fall off themselves. I started plucking them as they were yellow and now have waited until they are quite brown before I pull them or they have fallen off on their own

Relax. I just want to underline @Blew Hiller's comment. It happens to me at around this time of year, every year.

Don't panic. Don't change your feeding schedule if the buds are building nicely.

Do keep a careful watch now for bugs and, my bête noire at this time, caterpillars. :nerd-with-glasses:

I am constantly having to redrill my drain holes in these pots as roots grow and block the holes. It's the only way I can get water to flow through the pot.
Fabric pots make this a non-issue....worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom