Ant problem with soil?

Mcjoint

have anyone had an issue with ants in the your pot? i am not 100% sure but i am getting the feeling ants are making a nest inside of my smart pots. does anyone know a way to get rid of ants? i am was thinking of trying orange guard.

Re: ant problem with soil

did some reading and apparently orange guards isn't good to use with cannabis.

I had a similar problem. read that cinnamon is an ant repellent, so I boiled some in water, let it cool, and for a few nights watered a little cinnamon water every night and wallah they were gone!

Diatomaceous earth will do the little buggers in as well, on a side note ants will farm aphids, aphids bad.

Yea, the D. E seem to have done the trick. The only other bugs I found were springtails but I think the D. E. Did them in too.

Check for aphids. The ants may be farming aphids on your plants for their sugar. Aphids look a bit like scales on the stems and leaves.

Ants nest close to food, or their farms. If you kill the queen, you kill the colony.

Ants also cultivate fungi. Do you have mushrooms growing in your pots? Fungi under ground will look like very fine threads, like loose cotton balls.

Check for aphids. The ants may be farming aphids on your plants for their sugar. Aphids look a bit like scales on the stems and leaves.

Ants nest close to food, or their farms. If you kill the queen, you kill the colony.

Ants also cultivate fungi. Do you have mushrooms growing in your pots? Fungi under ground will look like very fine threads, like loose cotton balls.

I am sure I have some fungi in my dirt as I add compost tea made with great white every few weeks but No mushrooms or any thing growing out of the pot tho. No bugs or anything on the leaves or any of the stems.

Back
Top Bottom