Anti-ANTI-commercials

TheOldGuy

What do you guys think about this?

I've heard some ideas recently about creating pro-pot ads for TV. The problem isn't that we couldn't get the message across if we tried; the problem is that we don't have the money.

Those anti-drug commercials are government funded, right?

Shouldn't the equal-time-share law apply to the feds too? If we got someone to agree to produce them, do you all think we could ask for a federal grant to fund our opposing side of the drug-argument? It seems only fair in this free nation of ours that the public be allowed to hear BOTH sides of the story, especially about drugs, which we all know have many pros as well as cons.

Do you think we could get the government to PAY for our commercials?

I doubt it, but I guess the real question is: Is it worth a shot?

Don't individuals handle federal grant cases? If we could just happen to get soeone that is anti-drug war to hear us, they might let us go for it. I don't know how much money we'd be talking about, but those anti-pot commercials were running during the Super Bowl. We could get some good time slots if this worked...

definetly worth a try. its only fair for the federal grant thing. maybe we could email some people that helped in the push for the cause. they might have some ideas and shit like that to help us do what we gotta do

If I remember correctly, the cost of getting a comercial to air depends on what time you want it to air. Mornings and late at night would be cheaper because hardly anyone is up and/or watching TV whereas prime time (around 7pm I think) and special events (like the Super Bowl) would be most expensive because a lot of peole are watching TV. But the pro-pot commercials do sound like a good idea and in any case, I say we hold a bake sale to raise money ;)

NORML has put out a comercial i can't rember where i saw it but they do have one. And i think the idea of pro pot comercials is a great idea. The first place i would start if i wanted to make one would be to talk to the people at NORML and see if they would be willing to find it and then i would talk to the people at pot tv i think there addy if you don't already know it is www.pot-tv.net but thats just me. it also wouldnt hert if you made up your own to try and show them what you want.
HotRod said:
TheOldGuy said:
What do you guys think about this?

I've heard some ideas recently about creating pro-pot ads for TV. The problem isn't that we couldn't get the message across if we tried; the problem is that we don't have the money.

Why doesn't NORML ever run any ads to counter these bullshit anti-pot commercials? I have contributed money to NORML and I know many others have too. I have NEVER seen NORML do anything to educate the masses to the truth about marijuana. Seems to me, runnin' a few ads that deal in truth about grass would be a good start to the "mass" education required before there's going to be ANY chance of marijuana being legalized. Most people that are opposed to legalization don't know a damn thing about grass! They only know what the've been told. So, why isn't NORML telling them the truth? Later...........

hey

how would you do it though? i mean like who would you call or email or write a letter to? it seems to me that the only way that this would be possible would be to talk to a VERY high governemnt person in person, which i would be very surprised if happened

They wouldn't listen, they wouldn't want us to becuase there is NO WAY they can make money off of it. I mean they dont like it so they wont allow it, typical american SCUM government..

If they wanted to protect people, they wouldn't exaturate in there commercials like some guy smoked 2 hits off a joint and it slowers your reaction time and he hits the little girl on the bike. BULLSHIT

I know for a damn fact I can do anything, BETTER, when im high..

It helps my headaches and it also makes me more outgoing and open minded, and peaceful...

It doesn't slower my reaction time, my hand-eye coordination is way better after a joint..

:mad:

They wouldn't allow it, just like they don't allow cigarette commmercials on TV.

The one commercial I hate, is the one with the guy visiting his brother's grave on the road-side. Then it says that 1/3 of all people that get in car accidents and tested, are tested positive for marijuana. That is a bullshit fact. Think, 1/3 of the people that ARE tested, which is very small fraction, test positive for marijuana. It makes it sound like 1/3 of the people that get in car accidents are high. Guaranteed that there are 50 times more accidents caused by drunk drivers, at least.

Yeah thats something that I've been wanted done for a long time. It'd be pretty easy considering how stupid those commercials are and how the deliberately misconstrue things. Heres my anti-anti-commercial.

*two guys sitting at a table*
Guy 1: So, you're saying Bush's oil investments are all tied up with Al Queda?
Guy 2: Yeah, a lot of Bush's money runs to the people who fund Osama Bin Laden.
Guy 1: So, a vote for Bush is a vote for terrorism?
Guy 2: Yeah. If They really cared about drug money funding terrorists they would eliminate their ways of making money.
Guy 1: Like providing sources for pot so we don't have to buy from the terorrists, like the deal with alcohol prohibition and gangsters?
Guy 2: Yeah

Intelligence: The Anti-Bush

StonerMan said:
Yeah thats something that I've been wanted done for a long time. It'd be pretty easy considering how stupid those commercials are and how the deliberately misconstrue things. Heres my anti-anti-commercial.

*two guys sitting at a table*
Guy 1: So, you're saying Bush's oil investments are all tied up with Al Queda?
Guy 2: Yeah, a lot of Bush's money runs to the people who fund Osama Bin Laden.
Guy 1: So, a vote for Bush is a vote for terrorism?
Guy 2: Yeah. If They really cared about drug money funding terrorists they would eliminate their ways of making money.
Guy 1: Like providing sources for pot so we don't have to buy from the terorrists, like the deal with alcohol prohibition and gangsters?
Guy 2: Yeah

Intelligence: The Anti-Bush

I think that's funny, but our message isn't anti-Bush, it's pro-marijuana/anti-Drug War

Attack from the right angles, and we inflict lethal wounds. Attack from the wrong angles, and we anger the beast.

1 commercial

instead of running several commercials why don't we just air one during like the super bowl, world series, or other huge ssporting event. I know it would cost ALOT but millions of people would see it.

Last year, I think Pepsi paid 2 million a second for their commercial during the Super Bowl. That's some serious bank.

weed!

If we dont have the money or the support their are other ways to let people know the truth... like one time in school me and my buddies wore green shirts that just said harmless. with no question mark then it said learn the real facts on the back. Alot of the people knew what we were talkin about and the school couldnt do anything bc the shirts werent specific enough to mean anything.

ChodeZilla420 said:
what network would you put em on i mean i dont think any channels would play em ud be stuck with those crappy public acess channels that no one really watchs well thats wut i think PEACE

All networks are money-hungry. If you've got the cash, they'll air it

The government wouldn't allow them to air anyway. They won't even let cigarette ads play.

Back
Top Bottom