Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Excited to see this get rolling.. Glad u finally were able to get that LED light... I'm starting flowering soon with my 4 mars2 400w LEDs....

Antics, have you ran this strain before?
I recommend several defoliation sessions as it grow very dense and bushy very quickly.

hell yea the results from this grow will be my deciding factor on me asking santa for a led panel and a new big tent. glad i got in the front row on this one its going to be a packed house ..

I should only be around 5 weeks in flower on December 19th, so make sure you check out other LED grows as well, especially since I'm not as experienced as other growers, and I'm hoping I don't make the LEDs look bad :(

You were supposed to save me a front row seat dammit. I guess I'll sit out here with the common folks. :roorrip::tokin:

I did save you a seat, then someone took it. Sorry man I was relaxing having a smoke and watching Workaholics. I'm sure you understand :)

Excited to see this get rolling.. Glad u finally were able to get that LED light... I'm starting flowering soon with my 4 mars2 400w LEDs.... ��

I'm definitely excited about it, but it won't even compare to your Mars2's. Those things are beasts!

Antics, have you ran this strain before?
I recommend several defoliation sessions as it grow very dense and bushy very quickly.

I have not, but I have some experience with defol from my previous grow (which ended very successfully with just using CFLs) so if I need to defol on this grow, it won't be a problem at all. Thanks for the tip!

And I have my total yield number from my previous harvest, which will be my target goal on this grow.

89.47 Grams / 3.15 Ounces

Count me in. i just started a new grow also :) i have one of those UFO leds and was gonna use that but it popped before i even planted a seed lol so it's going to be HPS for me. I'll be keeping an eye on this grow and your results will determine whether i invest in a proper full fat panel.

no pressure lol

Well Yah Hoo. Here we go again and I'm all comfy for the LED show. You can start now. lol. Til the end.

Subbing in really interested in what these leds can do

Welcome! I'm curious to see this first hand myself. I've seen them used by experienced growers, so it'll be interesting seeing what happens when a beginner/novice uses LED for growing.

Count me in. i just started a new grow also :) i have one of those UFO leds and was gonna use that but it popped before i even planted a seed lol so it's going to be HPS for me. I'll be keeping an eye on this grow and your results will determine whether i invest in a proper full fat panel.

no pressure lol

Welcome! I just subbed into your new grow. Your last one had an insane yield, so I'm in on the new grow. Is the UFO covered by warranty? You could consider taking it apart to see what the problem is, and contacting the manufacturer about a replacement part. I'd hate to see you toss it if it's an easy fix.

Like I don't have enough pressure on me.. I have to hit 3+ ounces on one plant.. on my 3rd grow. And now everyone jumps in adding to the pressure! lol thanks guys :p

Well Yah Hoo. Here we go again and I'm all comfy for the LED show. You can start now. lol. Til the end.

lol thanks man. I'm glad to have you aboard for the journey.

And we have an update. Our first update! The seed broke soil finally today. With the shell still intact. So I had fun removing that. This was planted 1" /2.5cm down too. So today will mark day 1 of Veg. I'll get some pictures later for documentation purposes, but won't update too much during the first few weeks until something exciting happens. :)

I opened it and rerouted the circuit through one of the other led drivers and it works but I'm not sure i trust it. gonna put it back into the grow area tonight and give it another chance, though I've already gotten it refunded so I'm not taking a loss on it. Just lost a small CFL as well which is somewhat annoying. i will start collecting up spares me thinks lol

also, those seed caps don't need to be removed; they normally drop off on their own.

I have lost a few sprouts to Helmet Heads, so I do the same, although I have lost a few trying also! WooHoo!

Whats that saying? Pics or it didnt happen!

:passitleft:

Welcome! I'm curious to see this first hand myself. I've seen them used by experienced growers, so it'll be interesting seeing what happens when a beginner/novice uses LED for growing.

You are gonna LOVE IT!

:lot-o-toke:

Like I don't have enough pressure on me.. I have to hit 3+ ounces on one plant.. on my 3rd grow. And now everyone jumps in adding to the pressure! lol thanks guys :p

I'm REALLY hoping I crack 3 or 4 oz on a single plant here in a couple weeks. It's looking pretty good...

Update blahblahblah.

I've been germinating in soil as normal, I was using a 23w CFL directly over the soil, with another 23w CFL running next to it in a splitter. In addition, I was running the LED at 20" above, and found some interesting results.

Unless this was an already existing mutation, one cotelydon is elongated, and the edge of that same cotelydon shows signs of heat stress/light burn. So the LED will be off for right now so I don't nuke my seedling.
2014-09-21_06-29-26_673.jpg

And just for comparison purposes, since I never posted one before, this is a standard 5 gallon bucket next to my growing container.
The container has no markings other than size, so I'd estimate my container to be 5.5-6 gallons. A full bucket of soil doesn't completely fill the container.
2014-09-21_06-28-55_140.jpg

What am I waiting for? lol

Welcome :)

Just now found this thread.
Awesome sauce on the new light.
I have found I need to drop ppm on nute mix under leds so thats even more savings.

Welcome! Yeah I'm excited about the LED experience. It's not as good as the reflector model you have, but I'm hoping the number of LEDs will make up for the difference. It was around the price range I wanted to spend, and covers my closet area nicely, so I went with it.
Thanks for the tip on the nutes. This LED growing is a whole new ballgame for me, so I appreciate all the little tips and tricks I can get before I get started.

don't worry bout your cylons bro sometimes they come out wrong looking. your true leaves (the serrated ones) are the ones to watch. Your grow is looking good :)

Great to see your new baby breaking ground! Hope you hit the goals for this one! I'm sure I'll learn a lot! Subbed :cheer:
Welcome aboard! It's seriously just as exciting seeing this seed pop up, as it was with all the others. It's like a giant bell rings to officially start the grow :)

don't worry bout your cylons bro sometimes they come out wrong looking. your true leaves (the serrated ones) are the ones to watch. Your grow is looking good :)

Oh I'm not worried at all brother. Just documenting things as they happen. I'm still learning with all the LED stuff, and a few folks stopped in to see it, so I want them to see every thing involved that I can possibly share, so they too know what to expect.

Thanks a bunch, hopefully we'll have some cool updates in the next few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom