Antics Power Flower - Cali Jack FIM Grow

Thanks all! And just so everyone understands WHY I'm so excited about 1 ounce...

So on this 2nd grow, I just wanted to double my yield of each plant, so I wanted 1/2 ounce from each, 1 ounce total.
Instead, I hit the total goal with 1 plant, and later I adjusted the goal of Cali Jack from 1/2 ounce, to 3/4 ounce because the buds are much bigger. But it looks like I might see 1.5-2 ounces from Cali Jack.

Always set your goals and challenges higher! I love a good challenge and a chance to improve.

I'll keep updating the progress on Cali Jack as she gets closer to harvest.

:high-five:

Nice job Antics!!

All this WHILE giving newbies like me all the help :Namaste:

I might be harvesting Cali Jack tomorrow, at day 70. (Today being day 69, and I don't want to be THAT guy lol)

Trichomes on the sugar leaves are looking about 50/50 cloudy/amber. Shitloads of amber.

On the buds themselves I'm at a good 95-98% cloudy, with no ambers seen on all the buds I checked, and only clears visible at the newest growth at the top of the buds.

2014-09-07_07-36-58_672.jpg

2014-09-07_07-37-09_518.jpg

2014-09-07_07-37-21_799.jpg

I wanted to wait longer, but I couldn't help myself...

I took a small bud from Power Flower's cure jar and filled my 1 hitter. VERY smooth smoking, earthy, and shitloads of pine taste. Very very rich flavor. Definitely higher potency than my MED GOM from the previous harvest. I'm feeling good right now lol.

:thumb: I like it! Now I'm excited to taste it after the cure.

Enjoy your Sunday ladies and gentlemen! And may the rest of your day be filled with relaxing Cannabis smoke of the highest quality!

The more I think about it... I think I'm going to wait a bit and play it day by day until harvest. I've been flushing a while now, leaves are still healthy, buds keep growing, lots of white pistils... So lets keep it going.

And while I was checking her out, I took a few closeup pictures to show off how well Cali Jack has done just under CFLs...
You can see a decent level of trichomes, and some swollen calyxes in some of the pictures.

2014-09-07_19-03-53_110.jpg

2014-09-07_19-05-28_988.jpg

2014-09-07_19-06-18_329.jpg

2014-09-07_19-06-38_249.jpg

2014-09-07_19-07-10_953.jpg

2014-09-07_19-07-31_608.jpg

2014-09-07_19-05-55_921.jpg

Good decision!!

lol thanks man.. This is my first Indica dominant. And I don't want to harvest too late... but at the same time, I'm dying to know what the weight is... And II also don't want to harvest too early and lose that strong Indica couchlock. I plan to use this to help me sleep better (I wake up constantly all night, sometimes every hour, so I sleep terribly) But I also haven't seen a single amber trichome on any buds. I only see ambers on my sugar leaves, which I cut them all off anyways during the manicure process.

So the change of mind comes from my 'gut feeling'. I want to harvest now.. but something inside just tells me I need to wait.

And I haven't ordered my LED yet anyways, and I have enough smoke to last me a long time. Oh... and the comparison of flavors.. Power Flower smokes so smooth compared to MEDGOM. I really messed up the dry and cure for my MG harvest lol. Man.. and I thought my MG was smooth? Oh my god man... I'm happy to see I'm getting better each grow so far.

I really have to stop replying after I smoked. I type way too much lol.

lol thanks man.. This is my first Indica dominant. And I don't want to harvest too late... but at the same time, I'm dying to know what the weight is... And II also don't want to harvest too early and lose that strong Indica couchlock. I plan to use this to help me sleep better (I wake up constantly all night, sometimes every hour, so I sleep terribly) But I also haven't seen a single amber trichome on any buds. I only see ambers on my sugar leaves, which I cut them all off anyways during the manicure process.

So the change of mind comes from my 'gut feeling'. I want to harvest now.. but something inside just tells me I need to wait.

And I haven't ordered my LED yet anyways, and I have enough smoke to last me a long time. Oh... and the comparison of flavors.. Power Flower smokes so smooth compared to MEDGOM. I really messed up the dry and cure for my MG harvest lol. Man.. and I thought my MG was smooth? Oh my god man... I'm happy to see I'm getting better each grow so far.

I really have to stop replying after I smoked. I type way too much lol.

dont we all :goodjob: on those sexy ladies. cant wait to get a plant in flower . what led did u decide on ?

dont we all :goodjob: on those sexy ladies. cant wait to get a plant in flower . what led did u decide on ?

Thanks man! You're going to love when you start flowering. Just the smell in the grow area alone is worth it. :D

I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the 100x3 older model: 100x3w led grow light

I like the reflector series, the green housing looks cool, and the switches to control veg/flower lighting are nice to have, but I like growing with a mixed spectrum, which I already do now with CFLs, and I'd end up just leaving both switches on if I bought a reflector, so I figure I'll save that extra $, and put it towards upgrading something else in my grow.

Ok, I have placed my order with TopLED.

This will be my new baby for the next grow: 100x3w led grow light

As this grow ends, I might start a new seed under my CFLs until the new light arrives, or if it arrives before Cali Jack is done, I might toss it over CJ for a few days to finish her up.

And I got a bit bored tonight, and figured since I finally grew a halfway decent plant, and I'm finally into the imaginary 1 ounce+ club, I might as well take some pictures of my 6 biggest buds from Power Flower on the scale.

They're not THE best... but they're my best. So here they are:

2014-09-08_19-21-15_136.jpg
2014-09-08_19-21-31_411.jpg
2014-09-08_19-21-48_156.jpg
2014-09-08_19-22-05_665.jpg
2014-09-08_19-22-20_673.jpg
2014-09-08_19-22-34_662.jpg

But it's still pretty cool, my 6 best colas are better than my ENTIRE best plant on my last grow lol.

10.1g just in my 6 colas lol Ah man I love growing Cannabis. I'm alwaays looking forward to the next grow, setting the bar higher, and trying to hit my goals.

The next grow? My goal will be exceeding my yield on Power Flower and Cali Jack combined... with just ONE plant. I'm hoping the new LED helps give me a little advantage to make this happen.

And I just enjoyed a little MED GOM from my previous harvest, and now I'm going to enjoy a small Power Flower bud, then it's off to watch some Tosh.0 and enjoy a great night's sleep. Have a great night everyone! Keep growing the best you can, and never stop improving!

i cant wait to flower .. i will put my hsh in flow this week.. man if one of those would be good enough for my new flower tent i would defiantly pick one up..104.00 isent that bad . how much was shipping?

i cant wait to flower .. i will put my hsh in flow this week.. man if one of those would be good enough for my new flower tent i would defiantly pick one up..104.00 isent that bad . how much was shipping?

Shipping is Free in the US, otherwise, shipping cost varies depending on what country you live in.

On their website in the product description section, it tells you what the coverage is for each light. The specific light I bought states the coverage is 3'x2.5'

This is so awesome! Happy for you, this result exceeded your higher goal and that must feel so awesome...it's obvious how excited you are from your posts :) This plant really is ace; even growing it makes people feel happier! I bet that smoke's just going to keep on getting better. Sad to see you're moving on from CFLs but it'll be really interesting to see the difference in yield/quality if the rest of your setup's staying the same...looking forward to those lovely Cali Jack harvest pictures!

i contacted smokesara and gave her my specs . shes the contact for 420 members and based in china ..after i got this tent and acully see it with my own eyes i believe the one your getting or the mars II 400w might suffice .. im really trying to plan for next summer cause i deal with 100 and ^^^ temp in the summer so i have to run an ac . and two exhaust fans and two canopy fans a 600w mh plus the watts just to run the ballast itself . my utility bill doubled.. and now ive added a veg room .. the led im my eyes might might cut the increase of energy cost in half . for the winter im planning to take the heat from the hid and pump it into my veg tent and use it as heat .sorry for the book im stoned ..:tokin:

Those are some damn fine looking meds my freind

Thank you, they're very enjoyable as well. It's amazing how smooth the smoke is just with a proper dry, and only a couple days curing. I have a few days to go still before a final smoke report though. Potency is decent, but with the new LED coming in, I think that'll help improve trichome production even more.

This is so awesome! Happy for you, this result exceeded your higher goal and that must feel so awesome...it's obvious how excited you are from your posts :) This plant really is ace; even growing it makes people feel happier! I bet that smoke's just going to keep on getting better. Sad to see you're moving on from CFLs but it'll be really interesting to see the difference in yield/quality if the rest of your setup's staying the same...looking forward to those lovely Cali Jack harvest pictures!

Now learn from my experience! This is my second grow... I took my time properly drying them. I rushed the dry on the first grow, and I thought those smoked fairly smooth. I was wrong. When I smoke Power Flower, and then smoke some MED GOM from the last harvest, there's no comparison. And almost no coughing. And this is just from a pipe. The wait is worth it. :) Resist all temptation to rush, or smoke them early. You'll be glad you did.
I really wanted to keep improving with the CFLs, but the fact remains, that I have 5 people I need to start providing Cannabis oil for. I'm just not going to be able to keep up with the demand if I plan to keep my own stash for an evening smoke. So out with the old, in with the new.
I'll still have fun setting goals though.. My next grow will be 1 plant under LEDs, and my goal will be to meet or exceed what I produced in this grow from 2 plants under 350+ watts of CFL.

And yeah, the whole setup will be identical. Same soil, same pots, same nutes, same closet, same fans, same filters etc.. The only thing being changed is the lighting.

i contacted smokesara and gave her my specs . shes the contact for 420 members and based in china ..after i got this tent and acully see it with my own eyes i believe the one your getting or the mars II 400w might suffice .. im really trying to plan for next summer cause i deal with 100 and ^^^ temp in the summer so i have to run an ac . and two exhaust fans and two canopy fans a 600w mh plus the watts just to run the ballast itself . my utility bill doubled.. and now ive added a veg room .. the led im my eyes might might cut the increase of energy cost in half . for the winter im planning to take the heat from the hid and pump it into my veg tent and use it as heat .sorry for the book im stoned ..:tokin:

Yeah Sara will be able to help you out man. She's been helping folks pick the right lights for their grow area for a while now. Man you have a ton of fans going lol. The LEDs should help keep things real cool there. And I'm still learning myself, but it seems that most people are using 300w LEDs to replace 600w HID systems. So far it seems to be half the wattage is used. But I could be wrong on that, since I've never actually read a specific number stated. This is purely observation.
I'm honestly looking forward to my LED growing experience. It's a good product that has been proven by other growers, great customer service, and a 3 year warranty on top of it.

No worries about the book. I'd much rather talk to someone that's stoned, than someone that's drunk. :rollit:

Small update in a new post since that post ended up pretty long, and I don't want to lose the tiny update in all those words up there.

I have added 2 more criss-crossed pipe cleaners to support some sagging branches on Cali Jack. The weight feels pretty serious and impressive. And yeah.. I tried weighing the bud on the plant... but my scale goes haywire when you tilt it lol.

Still no amber trichomes on any buds at all. So I'm still waiting.. On top of that, all the colas have almost like a second wave of fresh white pistils. Just as I thought she was winding down and getting close to harvest. There are new calyxes growing on top of all the colas as well.

So I'm going to just let it ride. I'm thinking I'm somewhere between 1.25-1.5 ounces right now. I'm starting to hope to see her get close to 2 ounces.

Although if this shit keeps going like it is, I'm going to need to buy new canning jars. The canning jars I have only fit about 1 ounce in them, and are only 3" / 8cm tall, so there's not much room for big colas. And right now Cali Jack is getting close to being too big to fit in the jars.

Small update in a new post since that post ended up pretty long, and I don't want to lose the tiny update in all those words up there.

I have added 2 more criss-crossed pipe cleaners to support some sagging branches on Cali Jack. The weight feels pretty serious and impressive. And yeah.. I tried weighing the bud on the plant... but my scale goes haywire when you tilt it lol.

Still no amber trichomes on any buds at all. So I'm still waiting.. On top of that, all the colas have almost like a second wave of fresh white pistils. Just as I thought she was winding down and getting close to harvest. There are new calyxes growing on top of all the colas as well.

So I'm going to just let it ride. I'm thinking I'm somewhere between 1.25-1.5 ounces right now. I'm starting to hope to see her get close to 2 ounces.

Although if this shit keeps going like it is, I'm going to need to buy new canning jars. The canning jars I have only fit about 1 ounce in them, and are only 3" / 8cm tall, so there's not much room for big colas. And right now Cali Jack is getting close to being too big to fit in the jars.

thats a real problem isn't it to much greenery and not enough jars. Don't we all wish we had that problem You are becoming the green thumb guy.

Back
Top Bottom