Ants

Silentbob-420

Hello

Did a quick search of the forums and oddly enough Ants did not return any results. I've got numerous books that suggest cinnamon and ant baits should be enough to rid yourself of this issue.

I've tried cinnamon mixed with gnatrol in watering, thinking that would kill any larvae that may be hanging around (also assuming I have aphids if there are ants...)

That remedy didn't work. Noticed an ant come out when I watered one of the smaller clones today.

I guess first and foremost is it 100% that I have aphids if there are ants in the soil? I know about 15-20 feet away there was an ant issue in the kitchen that seemed to get under control. First time liquid borax worked just fine. Next time it looked like a different kind of ant and they didn't touch the borax. Used the plastic bait traps and it seemed to do ok, but not kill the colony. So I'm guessing that's where they came from.

If it helps, these ants seem to be slightly bigger than the red ants that I dealt with in the summer. These are about twice the size and pretty dark, almost black I'd say. But either way they don't seem to be bothered by either of the ant poisons nor the cinnamon nor gnatrol. I also azamax sprayed the clones (again assuming that I have aphids), but still the ants are there.

Thanks for any suggestions :peace:

I would check your plants for aphids which are really easy to spot :thumb:

Before dealing with ants which are not a problem to the plant & that you don't need aphids to have an ant problem !

I've never had ants in an indoor grow but I have had ants make beds in the vegetable garden. When the bed
was close to a plant the plant suffered. Ant bait will kill them or make them move. Read the label before applying.

I like to use a small bowl of molasses for my critters. They get love the sugar but they get stuck in the sticky mess and die. Works really well for ants.

I like to use a small bowl of molasses for my critters. They get love the sugar but they get stuck in the sticky mess and die. Works really well for ants.

Cool idea, good to know. That being said, just want to make sure that my botanicare black strapped molasses will work just fine? Or does it have to be regular store bought kind?

Back
Top Bottom