Anxiety and Depression by Anonymous

Julie Gardener

Anxiety and Depression by Anonymous​

I am a 30-year-old mother of four. Yes I am young to have that many children. Today I can honestly say that I love my life, my children and my husband, but that was not always the case. Almost 2 years ago I was diagnosed with depression/anxiety. I had been a long time sufferer and was at the point of contemplating suicide daily. I hated myself and my life so much that I almost ruined my life in a series of very bad decisions. I was put on Effexor 150mg and within a few short weeks I felt like a completely different person. After upping my dose a few times and dealing with the side effects of stomach pain and nausea, I decided to try marijuana. I now use it on a daily basis at night after the children are in bed. I have experienced so many wonderful effects in my daily life that I now think of marijuana as a medicine for my anxiety, a stress reliever. Every night my husband and I talk for hours together rather than watch television. Every night, marijuana helps me to relieve the stresses of my day. It assists me in relaxing, and in thinking clearly and seeing my life as the truly beautiful gift that it is. I am amazed at the insights that I get about life that I never had before. These are insights that carry over into my everyday decision making and thought processes. My thoughts are more often positive and clear, and as a result I am finally relieved of my suffering from depression and anxiety. I am still on Effexor and will remain on it until my doctor decides otherwise, but I will continue to supplement with marijuana because I believe that it helps my mind to function better. I think it is a shame that this drug is so demonized, because I believe it could help so many people.

Source: Comments and Observations

Back
Top Bottom