Anxiety - anyone else w/MMJ for this? Have questions

Hi There DL-toker

so glad people are still reading this thread. I have a few different strains that i am growing since I am still trying to figure out what works the best. I bought some White Widow from the collective I belong to, tried it, and nope not for me. Took 4 hits off my pipe of that and it incapcitated me for about 3 hours. So, I gave that to a friend of mine that likes that and he gave me a lemon skunk. It's okay. My favorite right now is blue dream. It is a cross, but give just enough to relax me but not put me under. And BTW 2 hits are enough for this light weight. I have several kush strains growing, jack herer, tnt, veneno, and blue dream. But I do keep my ativan handy as well. Funny how employers will accept that ( which has many side fx for me) but not the mmj that works.

I'll keep checking back and letting everyone know whats working for me.

Kat

I have some Blue Dream that I tried just yesterday. I, too, suffer from panic/dissociate disorders. In my extremely limited experience with Blue Dream, I am on the fence. One of the first things I said to my partner was, "I don't even think it's possible to feel anxiety with this stuff", but about ten minutes later, I realized that I pretty much didn't feel any emotion. This can be great for people who need that, but it doesn't suit me very well. Just goes to prove that people with very similar conditions can have totally opposite effects on them.

I'm still trying to figure out what is ideal for me. I'm glad the BD is working well for you!

Hey Puff Daddy,

I was warned about the different effects of the same strain grown by different growers. How they are grown and cured. I did experience that just recently with Purple Erkle. After that time I decided only at night. I found that if I can sleep thru the night it makes my stress levels during the day much much better.

I prefer a nice mellow smoke that just relaxes me, not gets me stoned. I also found that one or two hits, wait about 15 minutes or so and see if you need more. I usually do not. LOL

Thanks
Kat

Hey Puff Daddy,

I was warned about the different effects of the same strain grown by different growers. How they are grown and cured. I did experience that just recently with Purple Erkle. After that time I decided only at night. I found that if I can sleep thru the night it makes my stress levels during the day much much better.

I prefer a nice mellow smoke that just relaxes me, not gets me stoned. I also found that one or two hits, wait about 15 minutes or so and see if you need more. I usually do not. LOL

Thanks
Kat

It's amazing how little it can take to change your mood, right? I find myself laughing at the absurdity of our laws, the medical profession and the societal stigma attached to MJ.

I began to take valium in 2007 for a combination of RLS and anxiety. Originally, I took 10mg/night. I've been on 20mg/night for a few years. I feel really dumb and emotionally stupid with the valium and a mood stabilizer. MJ allows me to see behind the veil and to safely experience my overwhelming emotions.

Their meds have not helped me very much at all. My anxiety was lessened with the valium, but not for the right reasons, if you understand my meaning. I am slowly, but surely, developing a much deeper insight into my own feelings, my behaviors, my attitudes, the damage I've caused to people, the damage they have caused me, etc. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I feel angry and sometimes I feel hopeless. But what I've been realizing is that it's okay to feel those emotions without letting them rule my day.

MJ helps me to process some traumatic experiences. My husband is mentally ill as well. We are both on similar paths to healing and we have very good conversations that would normally have been highly distressing to have. It's not easy, but it's something we keep practicing.

I am grateful for MJ because it's healing my mind, slowly but surely. I have been vaping daily for about a year.

I would love to hear about other people's experience with resolving inner conflicts with the aid of MJ.

It's amazing how little it can take to change your mood, right? I find myself laughing at the absurdity of our laws, the medical profession and the societal stigma attached to MJ.

I began to take valium in 2007 for a combination of RLS and anxiety. Originally, I took 10mg/night. I've been on 20mg/night for a few years. I feel really dumb and emotionally stupid with the valium and a mood stabilizer. MJ allows me to see behind the veil and to safely experience my overwhelming emotions.

Their meds have not helped me very much at all. My anxiety was lessened with the valium, but not for the right reasons, if you understand my meaning. I am slowly, but surely, developing a much deeper insight into my own feelings, my behaviors, my attitudes, the damage I've caused to people, the damage they have caused me, etc. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I feel angry and sometimes I feel hopeless. But what I've been realizing is that it's okay to feel those emotions without letting them rule my day.

MJ helps me to process some traumatic experiences. My husband is mentally ill as well. We are both on similar paths to healing and we have very good conversations that would normally have been highly distressing to have. It's not easy, but it's something we keep practicing.

I am grateful for MJ because it's healing my mind, slowly but surely. I have been vaping daily for about a year.

I would love to hear about other people's experience with resolving inner conflicts with the aid of MJ.

OMG. I know exactly what you mean. The medical community is so quick to prescribe meds to help with this or that and then one or two to help with the side effects of one of your other meds. It is maddening. For years I abused alcohol and prescription meds to deal with my emotions. I was introduced to a 12 step recovery program (which I have to say, prbly did save my life at the time), so for the longest time(because of the stigma of being a "pothead") I just dealt with stuff. BUT.... stress builds no matter how well you use tools to get thru "it" and when that stress builds it does some weird things to the psyche. Panic attacks are no joke, especially when you don't know what they are.

No matter what I do I cannot slow my brain down to be able to relax. That is where mmj comes in. It is the perfect solution to a brain that won't quit. The nice thing about mmj is that even if you get ahold of one that is too strong or take a little too much, the effects only last for a couple of hours (at least for me). I can take a very small amount and get to sleep, wake up rested without feeling spacey or like I have "medicine head".

I am so grateful to the people that advocate for mmj. It truly is a wonder.

Thanks
Kat

Back
Top Bottom