Any advice

Kwasimodo

420 Member
Hey everybody, hope all is well. I am about to start an indoor grow with 400w MH and 400w hps. My grow space is about 4x3x6 ft. I have hollands hope seeds from dutch passion and mexican sativa from sensi seeds. Anyone ever grown any of these strains? And if so could u share any advice u might have on amount of nutes and which training style they prefer. Going to be growing in 3gallin bags. Thx in advance and have a great evening

If you are going to run both of those lights at the same time, I suggest you move the plants around regularly so that they fully experience both.

If your plan is to only run one at a time, my suggestion is to get a 600-watt one ;).

I grew the Sensi strain years ago. I remember the plant as being forgiving, and the buzz as being... pretty mild. On the other hand, a pack of those only costs about 15% of what a pack of their Jack Herer costs, lol. So it's arguably a decent value if you're not looking for any kind of "powerhouse."

Good luck with your grow.

Awesome thx so much torturedsoul. I wish i could get my hands on a 600w, haha, the prices here in south africa arent too favourable. Ill be growing them one light at a time, i have had to build the most diy grow box but i think it should work, making the most of lockdown. I still have a few things to attach and seal up but thhats the general feel of it. Thx again for the input and im thinking of starting a grow diary for my first grow

Attachments

• IMG_20200604_073613.jpg
    IMG_20200604_073613.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 41
In that case, I'd hang the light off-center and grow in a 3'x3' section of the space, leaving that first three square feet free. And if you can fabricate some sort of wall, that'd be even better - then you can confine all the light to nine square feet. That's still a little large for a 400-watt HID, IMHO, but people do it from time to time. Or you could center the light and add some sort of supplemental lighting around the perimeter as the plants grow in size and have to be spread out to fill the space. It wouldn't take a great deal, and they wouldn't have to be expensive "plant lights." Residential screw-in LEDs or CFLs, or even the old style fluorescent tube bulbs. Or a combination of different types. It's not something you need to worry about right away, regardless.

If you end up going with tube-type fluorescent bulbs, you could stick a ReptiSun 10.0 supplemental UV bulb in during the flowering phase. That won't help with weight/yield, but there is some evidence that filling in that portion of the spectrum (which is largely absent indoors) can make a difference in quality. And "a little dab will do you" applies, lol. One 40-watt tube would probably be plenty for your space; I wouldn't even run it the entire 12 hours that the rest of your lights are on, instead, use a separate timer.

Back
Top Bottom