Any advice?

The number one rule for watering coco is that you should always provide enough nutrient solution to each plant to produce 10-20% run-off. That means that if you add one quart of water then 10-20% of that quart should end up as run-off. Run-off water plays an important role in maintaining healthy conditions in the root zone. Therefore, you need to always get run-off no matter how much water you must add in order to accomplish that.

daily or up to twice daily , depending on how fast they drink , you added perlite so your looking at twice daily

Thanks man, really appreciate your help!

So just continue with half strength nutes? I did add perlite but not at a massive ratio. Prob 20% perlite.

24 hours with lights low? Or should I give it a couple of days or so?

24 hours should do , they just get more stressed out with intense light , the plants dont know if they are coming or going :)

fingers crossed that time heals and the right ph and fresh foods help

download (23).jpg

another thing i meant to add ,for tap water if you get a large bucket with an air stone have the water bubbling from the night before , after this time mix your feed let sit for 15 mins then ph , you will add tons more oxygen to the roots and they will reward you , your ph will also be more stable as some chemicals leave water over night so it can affect the ph in the medium ( it took me ages to figurer out what was going on with my ph ) it was going mad then after leaving for 36 hours or so MUCH BETTER less bother more stable and held my ph more or less perfect;)
can be hiding snags :)

another thing i meant to add ,for tap water if you get a large bucket with an air stone have the water bubbling from the night before , after this time mix your feed let sit for 15 mins then ph , you will add tons more oxygen to the roots and they will reward you , your ph will also be more stable as some chemicals leave water over night so it can affect the ph in the medium ( it took me ages to figurer out what was going on with my ph ) it was going mad then after leaving for 36 hours or so MUCH BETTER less bother more stable and held my ph more or less perfect;)
can be hiding snags :)

Thanks, for some reason I didn’t get a notification for your reply.
I ended up putting the light up to 400w 24 hours after you said to reduce it and I’ve left it there since.
They are looking sooo much better. They are greening up, leafs are pointing upwards now. Look like different plants.
They aren’t 100% recovered yet but they aren’t far off

Honestly can’t thank you enough, I’ll keep you updated. thanks man

The leaves will only recover so much but dont sweat the petty stuff. You'll need those and more later for late flowering so there's no need to start defoliation when your leaf is already damaged.
As soon as I saw you let it dry out I thought you were doomed. That usually only goes with soils which takes a different route to build the rootball and does better by letting it dry out with minimal top watering. I'm glad it's going better and those pale leaves will get darker, trust that nutty prof yeah. Nice to meet you and GG

The leaves will only recover so much but dont sweat the petty stuff. You'll need those and more later for late flowering so there's no need to start defoliation when your leaf is already damaged.
As soon as I saw you let it dry out I thought you were doomed. That usually only goes with soils which takes a different route to build the rootball and does better by letting it dry out with minimal top watering. I'm glad it's going better and those pale leaves will get darker, trust that nutty prof yeah. Nice to meet you and GG

sorry didn’t see your post til now. Thanks for the reply. Things are looking perfect now. If I’m honest I’ve treat coco as soil for a long time with good results (yield is often 4oz a plant), if I can do better using coco as a hydro I’ll be well chuffed lol

Update, managed to pull 13oz from the plants. Bit disappointed but shit happens.
smoke isn’t that great either. Think humidity was to high for the duration in flower

Girl Scout cookies are in now, managed to get some cuttings so onto the next one we go! Cuttings look a bit crap but shouldn’t have any issues sorting them. Flushed them when I got them and run off was around 1.8ec so flushed them and got it down to 1.0ec so see how they perk up over the next few days

excuse the mess in the photo, this was after I potted them Up yesterday, it’s all nice and tidy again now

C1E3D41B-AE6B-45D8-BA67-765FA47B5A78.jpeg

Hey nutty. 100% coco, calmag fed along with veg nutes.
I’m more than sure they have been feeding flowering nutes in the cuttings.

I’m sure it can’t be veg nutes cause they are so pale (lack on N) and have burnt tips

I use canna pro plus coco. Has some buffering in.
The plants have only been in it a day I got these plants off a mate who got them off his mate so don’t know the background of them but they didn’t look healthy when I picked them up

Back
Top Bottom