Any different between these two

CMH are amazing lights and i LOVE mine but...it turns my small tent into an oven.
Picked up a HLG Qb and my heat issues are gone! Looking at budget led as well for future purchases but the heat issue alone did it for me. CMH was super powerful and produced great quality if i could keep my temps under control which was very tricky

True, a watt is a watt. But for some reason my 315 seemed to trap heat in there bad. Maybe it's the pyramid shape of the reflector, maybe is the confinement of my small tent.
Maybe it's just my own anecdotal experience, but i went from two inline fans running full blast (one sucking in AC + one exhausing hot air) and with temps STRUGGLING to stay in the double digits (95°+) to one fan running half speed and temps easily in low 80s. High 70s if i crank the AC. a little harder. So much easier and my equipment isn't running to the max ALL THE TIME.
If i had a bigger grow with higher ceilings and lots of airflow i would definitely run multiple CMHs, they are fantastic. But in the meantime i can finally open my bloom cabinet without saying a quick "please don't be dead" prayer first LOL

HLG uses LM301B diodes where budget uses LM301H being the newest and most up to date diodes.
I did my research and tried to chat and reach out to HLG with a poor experience and a bad client support so I took my business elsewhere.
I will agree I did praise MarsHydro before because it improved my garden over my cheaper ViparSpectra and HPS setup but after switching from mars to budget I’ve clearly seen a huge improvement all around.

Also I purchased my 500W board so before you say I swindled anything from anyone you should really get your facts straight!

Thanks!

Sounds like someone here would be able to provide me with some information on the Budget LED lights. Knowing little about LED lights if I am purchasing a 250 watt light what is the difference between Red spec and not. I'm opting for dimmable, and 3500 spectrum as they will be used for full cycle. Any information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hey Reddot55:

I believe @Chris Scorpio answered your questions. The added Red in the Red Spec helps in flowering. The Red spec in 3500k also works great for full cycle. We have numerous customers that run this light for both veg / flower.

If you have any more questions, please shoot us a DM or you can email us through our website.

CMH are amazing lights and i LOVE mine but...it turns my small tent into an oven.
Picked up a HLG Qb and my heat issues are gone! Looking at budget led as well for future purchases but the heat issue alone did it for me. CMH was super powerful and produced great quality if i could keep my temps under control which was very tricky

Yea temp control is a major benefit of LED. I actually have to run a heater in my personal grow in the winter ... I prefer it tho because I can regulate it easily.

If you have any questions, please DM us or shoot us an email!

I made my decision. Going with Budget. Going to get the series 3 with red spec. Going to get two 500 watt. To replace my two 1000 watt hps. Thanks for the output.
Great choice

I am sorry to anyone I offended.
I got called to the principles office for something I said in this post, not sure what it was but whatever it was to hurt your feeling I am sorry.

I am sorry to anyone I offended.
I got called to the principles office for something I said in this post, not sure what it was but whatever it was to hurt your feeling I am sorry.
that makes 2 of us LMAO

Red is for flowering, I'd get the red myself....and for sure get dimmable

3500k is great for veg and Flower all in one, and adding the Red will help in flowering like I mentioned before

All I use is QB lights..love them
have the dimminable one also I understand what you are saying reed fro flower and white for veg - but it s the way it's put together _ all white but 2 strips of red rang from / to to 600 -700 for better light pentration

again you get what you pay for, and don't believe the watts they post look at the real wattage used.
Compare them to HPS, CMH and other lighting.
I do not use led's, I am a 315W CMH guy, but used led's in the past.
I’m also a 315 cmh user. I have one 630cmh and two sun brand remote ballast (prism) style 315 cmh. If I run leds, then I’d have to add heat, so no savings there, for me. I’ve really had great results with the Phillips cmh. Until recently, I was using one 315 & one 400w hps and the 315 cmh always yielded more . I’d almost go out on a limb and say 315 is compatible to a 600w hps. The 630 w cmh must be farther away from canopy, because of heat, where as the single 315s can be positioned closer. And the cmh technology is so cheap !! I love them !!

I’m also a 315 cmh user. I have one 630cmh and two sun brand remote ballast (prism) style 315 cmh. If I run leds, then I’d have to add heat, so no savings there, for me. I’ve really had great results with the Phillips cmh. Until recently, I was using one 315 & one 400w hps and the 315 cmh always yielded more . I’d almost go out on a limb and say 315 is compatible to a 600w hps. The 630 w cmh must be farther away from canopy, because of heat, where as the single 315s can be positioned closer. And the cmh technology is so cheap !! I love them !!

Have to watch what I say here and I got called to the principles office last week for something I said. Think i offended someone.
I have heard that the 315W is equivalent of a 500W HPS.
I run two 315W both in the horizontal position and in my bare bulb vertical grows.
I am in a 4 x 4 tent and turn on average 24 to 27 zips of jarred smokable buds.

how is the power draw with them - high ? (cost to run)

Hey Reddot55:

I believe @Chris Scorpio answered your questions. The added Red in the Red Spec helps in flowering. The Red spec in 3500k also works great for full cycle. We have numerous customers that run this light for both veg / flower.

If you have any more questions, please shoot us a DM or you can email us through our website.
I do run the 3500 red "board" (260 watt) and having great results - I recommend Budget Led's - already thinking of up-grading never have I has a plant that looks like this in only 4 weeks of veg - WOW !!! talk to John Wick here at 420 he will "talk" you thru it - was going to buy a traditional led and didn't went with board's due to John's information and knowledge I'm Growing NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom