Any help with whooshing fan?

wufo

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I bought a TD 500 silent range inline fan, but I'm trying to eliminate the whooshing, the fan itself is quiet as I can't hear the motor. I have no bends in my ducting and it's stretched tight, I've put a muffler on both sides and wrapped the fan in a blacket then held tight with bubblewrap and duct tape, there is no vibration so using bungee cords don't help...I can't use a speed controller with this fan because it has two speeds built in, I have it on the lowest one. When I put my ear to the fan it's just the entry point and exit point that whoosh all the ducting going and coming off are quiet.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I bought a TD 500 silent range inline fan, but I'm trying to eliminate the whooshing, the fan itself is quiet as I can't hear the motor. I have no bends in my ducting and it's stretched tight, I've put a muffler on both sides and wrapped the fan in a blacket then held tight with bubblewrap and duct tape, there is no vibration so using bungee cords don't help...I can't use a speed controller with this fan because it has two speeds built in, I have it on the lowest one. When I put my ear to the fan it's just the entry point and exit point that whoosh all the ducting going and coming off are quiet.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Run bigger size air ducking, You got to much neg pressure in ducking

My mufflers are 6 inch does this mean I will have to get bigger mufflers or just replace whatever ducting I'm using. Ta.

What kind of muffler you have?
Does it make that sound when the muffler at the end is off?
Sorry for all the ? just trying to get your setup in my head and doing some test to see whats causing this. Most of the time it is to much pressure inline

The noise is where the muffler attaches to the fan, it's a home made one, 6" bore wrapped with rockwool insulation, it works great but the sound is where the muffler attaches to the fan. Do worry about all the ? Keep them a comin. :)

have you tried putting about 2 foot line between muffler and fan at the intake to relieve some turbulence

I've tried putting 3 foot of square ducting in between muffler and fan on the intake side, I could push my fan inside it like 3 inch past the 6 " diameter flange that you connect the hose to, I thought this was a good idea because it put the most audible part right inside the duct. , it's 10" square galvanised steel ducting wrapped in insulation, and I can't tell if it's made any difference if anything I might be able to hear it louder, is the air sort of echoing inside the larger duct or is the noise transferring to the outtake? I have some more duct to try out on the outtake duct when I have time. People say u can't make them completely silent but I rekon I can get it quieter. I don't know if it's just me picking up on every sound and blaming the fan, I need to get a mate round and see if they can hear anything. Thanks for ure suggestions. :)

Ok I'll do that. I'm stressing out with all the messing about I'm having to do lol. When I've finished messing with fan I've to sort the negative pressure out in the tent, I've had to cut a square in the tent wall and put a pair of stocking over, it works great but if we have a powercut I'm screwed. My plants are only about 6" right now but you get a right whiff when u go in the tent. What a ball ache.

Back
Top Bottom