phiGweed

Hello again everyone!!
I’ve been trying to compare this look to those in my weed bible and have my thoughts on phosphorus due to the “blotchy” look.. possibly even iron because I see dark marks but I also have no idea. What do you guys think?
Only 2 out of 5 look like this and have all been given the same treatment—-( FFOF) pH’d water at 6.5

8B7274F5-6B3A-4A8B-B563-43C316C7CE4A.jpeg
B15A6516-056A-4BCF-B495-53C23F7A18CF.jpeg

I’ve sprayed them all with neem oil about 2 weeks ago as a preventative so I don’t believe pests are an issue.
Any ideas?

I’ve been told possible overwatering! Any other thoughts?
Check Emilias tutorial on watering a potted plant. Are you letting her dry a little between watering.

Check Emilias tutorial on watering a potted plant. Are you letting her dry a little between watering.
Emily sorry spelt wrong in that posture,the property way to water a potted plant. Is her tutorial.

Hello there phiggy. My 1st question is how old is the plant. It appears as a fairly new plant?

Spraying Neem 2 weeks ago does not mean your babies are safe. I use Neem and my Neem regimen is a weekly thing. If you had mites (just for example), a single spraying will not stop them. What you spray is affecting adult mites. As the spray wears off and a new round of eggs hatch, you need to respray them weekly AFTER lights off.

Yes, I’ve been watering every 4-5 days depending on how lite they feel and how dry the top is. I also have a moisture meter if I feel they may not need any water.

Hello there phiggy. My 1st question is how old is the plant. It appears as a fairly new plant?

Spraying Neem 2 weeks ago does not mean your babies are safe. I use Neem and my Neem regimen is a weekly thing. If you had mites (just for example), a single spraying will not stop them. What you spray is affecting adult mites. As the spray wears off and a new round of eggs hatch, you need to respray them weekly AFTER lights off.
Thank you I did spray them again last night. I will continue to make this a routine! They are also almost a month old. They’re growth was definitely stunted because the others are much larger

Ya know, i keep digging and searching. Nothing is really jumping out at me.

I see the discoloration/chlorosis. It's blotchy. So it's not mag def. No spots so it's not cal def. Edges/margins of leaves aren't scorched or burnt so its not potassium def. I checked pics of phosphorous as you mentioned but the pics aren't quite the same. If it is a phosphorous def, it is in the early stages. So early i couldn't say for sure.

Maybe "K", but you are saying it's been going on long enough that the other plants are already noticeably larger.

Searching SensiSeeds site of def's, I ran across N def. I have had nitrogen deficiency before, but it didn't look like what they showed. What they showed looked a lot more like what your leaves are showing.

Do I think it is an "N" def? No. I find it odd that only 2 out of 5 are showing this symptom. These plants have been planted in the same medium and are in the same environment AND fed the same nutrients. Sooo...what gives?

Were these 2 plants next to eachother in the tent? You said you have 5? These 2 are acting weird? Were they next to eachother in your grow space?

Ya know, i keep digging and searching. Nothing is really jumping out at me.

I see the discoloration/chlorosis. It's blotchy. So it's not mag def. No spots so it's not cal def. Edges/margins of leaves aren't scorched or burnt so its not potassium def. I checked pics of phosphorous as you mentioned but the pics aren't quite the same. If it is a phosphorous def, it is in the early stages. So early i couldn't say for sure.

Maybe "K", but you are saying it's been going on long enough that the other plants are already noticeably larger.

Searching SensiSeeds site of def's, I ran across N def. I have had nitrogen deficiency before, but it didn't look like what they showed. What they showed looked a lot more like what your leaves are showing.

Do I think it is an "N" def? No. I find it odd that only 2 out of 5 are showing this symptom. These plants have been planted in the same medium and are in the same environment AND fed the same nutrients. Sooo...what gives?

Were these 2 plants next to eachother in the tent? You said you have 5? These 2 are acting weird? Were they next to eachother in your grow space?
Yes, they were near each other but they all were in close proximity so I’m really not sure. I have seen a change in growth lately so maybe they will come out of whatever they’re going through soon.

"Near" is not quite what i meant. I was wondering if it WAS a pest. If they WERE side by side AND they are displaying the same symptoms, i would SUSPECT a pest.

If you are seeing progressive growth, may be a hiccup of sorts? Maybe the Neem did the job? Keep an eye on them and I hope all is well. :)

"Near" is not quite what i meant. I was wondering if it WAS a pest. If they WERE side by side AND they are displaying the same symptoms, i would SUSPECT a pest.

If you are seeing progressive growth, may be a hiccup of sorts? Maybe the Neem did the job? Keep an eye on them and I hope all is well. :)
I honestly haven’t seen any pests on the plants. I’ve been looking! I did find a spider in my grow tent however. It’s definitely no longer there. (Not sure if that had anything to do with it) but I’m going to keep an eye on them and continue to spray neem weekly. I’ll know in a few days if I want to throw them out. I want all my plants to switch at the same time and those two are just really small

My concern was mites. They aren't really visible but can create twisted and deformed growth. Weekly Neems will address pests. It's not immediate, if it is pests.

My damage from mites was way more exaggerated than yours. It was merely a thought i entertained.

My concern was mites. They aren't really visible but can create twisted and deformed growth. Weekly Neems will address pests. It's not immediate, if it is pests.

My damage from mites was way more exaggerated than yours. It was merely a thought i entertained.
I really appreciate it! I welcome all thoughts and advice! You’re not the first to say pests could be an issue so I definitely will keep that in mind. I’ve heard they can come from the soil which SUCKS

Howdy doo. This might be totally unrelated but I had a similar reaction to neem oil on my lettuce last year. I had over sprayed a few of the leaves and a similar curl and colour occurred. I don't know if it is relavant, but once I rinsed the lettuce with clean water the problem resolved itself. I've had quite a few problems in my proper "Veg" garden but I'm still learning if they correspond to these plants we love and care for on here.
Ignore me if I'm wrong. Im only wrong 99.9% of the time. So the odds are I will be correct one day..
Squiggz

Defo lights off and not in extreme temperature fluctuations. The stuff we get in the UK is nearly always ready mixed. Max of 3% concentration I think. But I always water it down by 50% again since the last episode. it can build up as layers on the leaves . Stopping the leaves from breathing. I had half of the same plant showing those symptoms and the other half healthy and green. The added stress of over or underwatering aswell as heavy neem oil coating can cause lettuce to reflect these similar symptoms..
I really don't know how similar these plants are at toxin or stress response.
But one thing i do know is, that you can't smoke lettuce :p

Why are you using Neem again? I don't see mites on that plant.

Back
Top Bottom