Any ideas what is going on with these leaves?

pointer80

Hello all, I have a issue that just started within the last couple days and started small and has got worse today. It is only on one very small area of one plant. I am growing 12 plants, 3 autos in 30 gallon pots, 6 photos in 100 gallon pots and 3 photos in the ground. They are all in coots mix soil which I mixed myself and I used this same soil mix last year with no issues. This issue is only happening on one plant that is in the ground. The first pictures is first day and the next is the top of the plant which looks healthy. Like I mentioned it is one spot on one plant and the others all look good. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_7935.jpg
    IMG_7935.jpg
    994.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7934.jpg
    IMG_7934.jpg
    931.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7942.jpg
    IMG_7942.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_7940.jpg
    IMG_7940.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_7941.jpg
    IMG_7941.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
Well, I see TWO things going on:
1) The leaf is light green inside and dark green outside. She’s telling me that she was once well fed and is now hungry.
2) The cupping or taco shape tells me that she is complaining about being too warm. If you’re outdoors I wouldn’t worry about that one. Let her complain.

Feed her.

If you want to give her a helping hand with the stress give her 1.5 aspirin (500 mg) and 5 ml of SuperThrive in a gal of water. ONE TIME. Just regular aspirin - no coating. Get it wet and crush it up. A little bit won’t dissolve that’s ok.

I keep a quart of water soluble aspirin powder (for horse’s with arthritis) for stressed plants.

Well it is a reaction to stress.
of some kind.
It is weird that the other plants don't show anything like this and it's only on one spot. The soil I am using is supposed to be water only and last year my plants were over 8 feet tall and I only added compost teas and worm casting teas

It is weird that the other plants don't show anything like this and it's only on one spot. The soil I am using is supposed to be water only and last year my plants were over 8 feet tall and I only added compost teas and worm casting teas
You know I got to thinking. Which can be dangerous, but sometimes it pays off.
The paleness in the center and the twisting leaves starting at the same time may be an indication that there’s a mute take up problem. For some reason the nutes are not getting through the roots. Maybe PH? Which would interfere with nutrient uptake, cause stress, and cause the pale center leaves.
This is a puzzlement

You know I got to thinking. Which can be dangerous, but sometimes it pays off.
The paleness in the center and the twisting leaves starting at the same time may be an indication that there’s a mute take up problem. For some reason the nutes are not getting through the roots. Maybe PH? Which would interfere with nutrient uptake, cause stress, and cause the pale center leaves.
This is a puzzlement
definitely a possibility, it would seem like all of them in the ground would be showing signs though?

You would think, eh?
It’s been a couple days .... how they look now?
Did you try the aspirin and vitamin thing?
They are not getting any worse or spreading. I give the soil a good flush also. They look like they are recovering. I have not tried the aspirin thing but did some research and I like the sound of it. Probably this weekend, we got a bunch of rain so letting them dry out a bit. Thanks

These plants are a LOT tougher and resilient that we imagine. I have seen them in powder dry coco - outside, in 110f heat. Almost laying down. Would bet she’s dead. A good soaking and an hour later she looks great.

Back
Top Bottom