Any members on here from the UK?

Im in the UK too, and i'm pretty new to growing. Jumped in at the deep end with Hydro and love it, then again, nothing to compare it too :)

Anyway, i'm more of a hobbyist grower who is sick of paying £10 per gram (on a good day)! Its nothing special, its small, it's clean and (hopefully) covert!

I second that you should check out Cults journals, some good shit in there!!

Im uk,check my first grow pics
jack19.jpg
jack19.jpg
jack19.jpg
jack24.jpg
jack_15.jpg

Hi fellow brit and welcome to:420:

Nice n green girls

:welcome:

Hey guys UK here, I'm from Scotland I'm just attempting my first grow I'm about -2/3 weeks in, I'm doing autos to start with it seems to be going well but only time will tell

Hey guys UK here, I'm from Scotland I'm just attempting my first grow I'm about -2/3 weeks in, I'm doing autos to start with it seems to be going well but only time will tell

Hi and welcome to :420:

Im doing autos too.... Check out my journal if you want

Good luck in your grow

:circle-of-love:

Thanks budworshiper and Co Finest, nice bunch o' fellas up in here ;)

I'm reading it right now ;), I literally just moved my plants closer to the light I'll have to check if it burns my hand after 30s

You have quite a similar set up to me so I'll be following along :reading420magazine:

Thanks for the tip Cultivator, i will definitely be moving on to Fem seeds once these are finished, this might be a stupid questions but are Autos feminized?

I'm having an "exhaust" problem guys, i wonder if anyone can help me think up a solution.

I've got a long room, with two 1.2mx1.2mx2m tents, one at either end, with about 1m of space between them and 30cm around each tent from the walls. I've got 2 carbon filters and extractor fans, one for each tent, which are currently just exhausting out into the room, which isnt ideal! There is a window at one end of the room, so i'm using a fan to usher air to the other end at the moment, i dont know what i can do beyond this.

I dont know how to exhaust that air out of the room without doing any of the following:

1. Drilling a hole in my house and fitting an extraction vent to the outside.
2. Exhausting to the attic through the room's light fitting with one of those bathroom extractor light things
3. Having the ducting hang out of the window (obviously not an option)

All options i would rather avoid.

I'm guessing if i get the filtered air out of the room it will force fresh air to be sucked in through the window

Its looking like my only option is to somehow exhaust the air out of the room but back into the house. Nightmare!

How are you guys going about it?

put a board over ur window and crack window open a few mm. place 2 4" manifolds on the board then run a length of 4" duct into each tent, the extractor fan will pull fresh air into the tents this way. Then cut a 6" or 8" hole in ur ceiling and place the same size manifold in the hole, connect some duct to it then add a y-piece and connect the extraction ducts from each tent. job done.

put a board over ur window and crack window open a few mm. place 2 4" manifolds on the board then run a length of 4" duct into each tent, the extractor fan will pull fresh air into the tents this way. Then cut a 6" or 8" hole in ur ceiling and place the same size manifold in the hole, connect some duct to it then add a y-piece and connect the extraction ducts from each tent. job done.

Thanks for the reply Cult.

I get you mean with the board, that makes sense. What do you mean by "4inch manifold"?

I only have 4inch fans in the tents at the moment, should i be cutting a 4inch hole in the ceiling or should i be increasing the size of my ventilation fans and going with a 6" hole?

Also would you just feed the ducting straight up the hole, up into the attic and either through the chimney breast or up through the roof?

A manifold is just what u stick to the board and attach duct too. Ask at ur local grow shop. Cut a single 6" hole in ceiling then put 6" manifold into that. Join a 6" y-piece to manifold then put a 4" reducer on either side of y. Join duct to that and job is done.

If u go to any half decent grow shop they will stock what u need. It will make a huge diff in reducing temps and will draw much more fresh air into tents.

One thing to note, don't place the.hole near the eves of the roof, make it as central to loft space as poss. U don't want hot air coming out of eves. However that will highly unlikely be an issue with what u are running. It normal only becomes a.prob wen running 8+ 600W Bulbs in multiple rooms.

Thats a great shout to extract the room's recycled air into the loft space, however i'm pretty sure this is going to cause me some mental mould issues in the future, and could even compromise the strength of the beams in the attic pumping constant humid air into what is usually a pretty cold space. However i'm definitely going to look into extracting to the attic and then somehow extracting to open air from there, at the moment i'm thinking some ducting going to a point in the wall or something perhaps?

Assume the extractor in this video is a manifold that is connected to the y-piece through the ceiling

How To Vent Attic Exhaust Fans (Proper Attic Exhaust Fan Ventilation) - YouTube

This might sort the mould issues, what do you reckon?

Evening Lads (and possibly Ladets)

I got my Hailea chiller the other day and connected it to my recirculating system and its working like a charm.

I made a blog entry explaining my RDWC. It cost me about £80 to make and it's made my life so much easier! If you have £400 lying around then, as cult suggested to me, i'd splash on the alien RDWC on ebay. But the money i saved on that i used to buy my chiller, so if you don't have that kinda cash sat there this might be of use to you

GoogleGenie's First Grow - LED Hydro - Northern Light Blue & Fruity Chronic Juice

Hope it's useful

Im also from uk!!! good to see quite a few people on here!! just thought id share this with people incase anyone is unaware but if you
are growing less than 9 plants and its your first offence then punishment will be anything from absolutely nothing to a maximum of some community service. This is another advantage of growin fewer but much bigger plants and vegging for a long time (my favourite way anyway)!!!

Cultivation or production of cannabis: Sentencing Manual: Legal Guidance: The Crown Prosecution Service

Back
Top Bottom