Any one here feed Cannabis branches or leaves to their rabbits

I know my bunnies love the stuff but so far I’ve kept it away from them because, like you, I’m not sure if they should be eating it. There will be small amounts of thc in the leaf, just not sure how it affects them.

Rabbits eat it in the wild. I am not sure if rabbits can handle anthocyanins. Purple and blue plants contain anthocyanins. Anthocyanins can be found in grape skins , giving them a purple color. Dogs are especially effected by them. In fact, anthocyanins will shut dogs kidneys down. This is why grapes are poisonous to dogs. Don't know about rabbits. I would stick with green leaves though.

You guys know that there is a guy on eBay, selling gallon ziplock have full of bunny poop, for $10 each. Stuff is excellent fertilizer.

Thanks a lot VG. :).
Re the anthocyanins, to my understanding they aren’t a problem for bunnies. Sweet things in general though, like grapes, are best avoided except in small quantities (though my bunnies love grapes and would definitely tell you otherwise). Rabbits have fairly complicated digestive systems that involve a lot of fermentation and there are a fair number of foods they shouldn’t eat.
I was curious about the THC subject though. One time I was sorting through some dried bud and one of the pet bunnies jumped up on the chair and started devouring it as fast as he could. He clearly loved the stuff, but snack-time didn’t last long before I grabbed him.

They don’t always know what’s best for them though. One pet rabbit we had would eat pretty much anything and was fond of jumping up on the couch at dinner time to inspect and thieve what she could from our plates. Many times I chased her across the house as she dashed away with parts of my dinner- cheese, tomato slices, strips of bacon,.. And the infamous duck wing incident, which she snatched off my plate and bolted with. We chased her all over the house at high speeds - large greasy duck wing hanging out of her mouth. Eventually she bounded up the stairs with it and disappeared - hid somewhere up there and devoured it. Totally ridiculous. :rofl:
She seemed healthy in spite of it all.

[QUOTE="

You guys know that there is a guy on eBay, selling gallon ziplock have full of bunny poop, for $10 each. Stuff is excellent fertilizer.[/QUOTE]

18 years or so ago my grandmother had a rabbit business she had like 700-1000 rabbits, The place burned down one day (all the bunnies got out) but all there was left after it burned was a huge amount of rabbit crap. then few years later we moved to that location and we have been using the bunny crap in the garden for about 15 years lol it is amazing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom