Any other female growers out there?

I've been using his recipe's and have read the book several times. I have stoner retention aye? I'm glad you're here, there's only a couple of us I think. The soil's good! Understanding what input options available is an education in itself. I see you found Emilya. She's helped me many times and grows dreams! Have fun, I'm in!

Emilya is a wealth of info. So appreciate her - and all of you with lots of knowledge and experience under your belt! This forum is a weed-saver!

I’m an LOS grower :thumb: - first year here on 420 I did my own soil and made my own nutrients (nettle, seaweed, comfrey, horsetail etc) and it went great but it’s too much physical work for me so I’ve been exploring the commercial options. I’m currently running a super soil mix that is water-only and it seems ok. Be much nicer to be building soil myself and knowing what’s in it tho! I’ve got TLO by The Rev next in line on my bookshelf :) 2 books i swear by are Teaming with Microbes and Teaming with Nutrients. I highly recommend them. The second only just out recently and I’ve not dipped into it much yet. They are both general garden related but all about Living Organic Soil and a fantastic addition to any LOS canna growing library :thumb:

I’m an LOS grower :thumb: - first year here on 420 I did my own soil and made my own nutrients (nettle, seaweed, comfrey, horsetail etc) and it went great but it’s too much physical work for me so I’ve been exploring the commercial options. I’m currently running a super soil mix that is water-only and it seems ok. Be much nicer to be building soil myself and knowing what’s in it tho! I’ve got TLO by The Rev next in line on my bookshelf :) 2 books i swear by are Teaming with Microbes and Teaming with Nutrients. I highly recommend them. The second only just out recently and I’ve not dipped into it much yet. They are both general garden related but all about Living Organic Soil and a fantastic addition to any LOS canna growing library :thumb:

I have the Microbes book on my Kindle. Good to have a recommend there.

LOS is a new term for me....I can't find it on google. What is it?

Hi @NorCAKnowYourGrow Nice to see another woman here. I'm looking forward to seeing your journal. I'm relatively new to this. I previously grew in coco-perlite in pots that drained and I am now trying soil for the first time. Nice to see that you've drawn a great crowd of women :hippy::hippy::hippy:

Every time I post I swear someone assumes I'm a dude. Makes me wonder....is it rare or odd for chicks to grow? Or are the guys just presumptive?

Chime in if you're a proud WOMAN growing her own bud!!!

I'm on year two.... Year one, 6 plants harvested, 1 lost to caterpillars and got 18 ounces. This year I've harvested 5 of my 10 and have almost 32 ounces. So I'm getting better at it!

How about you?
Any other female growers out there???!
I grow females :rofl: Absolutely NO males in my grow room...except me :high-five:...

Seriously though, my wife can grow just as well as I can :thumb:

:ciao:Hiya ! I’m a female grower been growing for just over a year! I’ve done DWC, Coco and am now growing in Promix using a Vegan nutrient MegaCrop (cheap and easy all in one nute). Changing it up on my next run going to use Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil with the MegaCrop for nutes. Looking forward to seeing you put out a journal! I’m in a houseful of males including the pups but in the garden it’s just me and the girls :love:

Every time I post I swear someone assumes I'm a dude. Makes me wonder....is it rare or odd for chicks to grow? Or are the guys just presumptive?

I'm on year two.... Year one, 6 plants harvested, 1 lost to caterpillars and got 18 ounces. This year I've harvested 5 of my 10 and have almost 32 ounces. So I'm getting better at it!

How about you?

Hello!

Yes, I'm a proud female grower :)

Kinda a crazy thing but, I just threw some seeds in a jiffy pot with regular old potting soil not sure what would happen. Well, wouldn't you know it, all 170 seeds popped! I have never grown anything and in fact, killed the only couple plants I had. They were lucky bamboo, lol. So needless to say, I had my hands full. After they sprouted I couldn't get rid of any. Plus everything and everyone was telling me that I would lose 50% roughly to them being males. I ended up with 164 before sexing and raised them up until I figured out how to tell if they were male. Leaving me with a total of 78 plants. I had no clue how to grow. I learned as I went about it all. I stated with Advanced Nutrients as they were local to me here in Michigan. I had to keep adding lights and bigger pots and more space. My whole house just about to be honest. I studied anything I could and watched tons of youtube videos. I lived this pretty much since April. I eventually mad my own 5 gallon flex pots and purchased mad buckets as well. I am now in week 5-6 of flower! I can't believe that I made it this far. With not too many set backs. Until..... Two days ago found spider mites on 3 of my beautiful girls! I only had them on a couple of leaves and that's what brings me here. I am inquiring about what to do now. Any advice? I am Soo close and will do whatever it takes to make it! I am growing agent orange and lavender platinum presidential. I got the seeds from a personal friend out in california from buds I trimmed for them. A couple had hermied out on him. That was an outdoor grow. I'm obviously indoor.

Back to the issue at hand, what do you think about this situation and how can I get rid of them? Should I just harvest them and if so how should I go about it?

How about you?

:welcome:

Welcome NCAKYG or ornowourrow. Names on 420 often are abbreviated. You have a very long handle so those are the abbreviations I came up with. I'm often high when I post here as I am now so be forewarned that I can be chatty when high. :laughtwo: I have a personal blog here on 420 where more private, non-cannabis thoughts are talked about with a huge emphasis on music, family and cannabis. The link is in my signature. :battingeyelashes:

Hi.

I'm HashGirl. I've been a member on 420 Magazine since the summer of 2016 but I've only been a grower since May 1st of this year. I retired on April 30 and decided it was time that I learned how to grow so that I could help my husband (Felonious Punk) with growing.

For my first grow, I grew two Dark Devil Autos in hempy. @FelipeBlu was a huge help when my mentor left 420 Magazine. :love: Final dry weight was 18 grams altogether (from both plants).

I started my second grow on August 3, this time in ProMix using MegaCrop nutes. This time I'm growing 3 CB Dutch Treats and 2 Girl Scout Cookies. The link for this grow is also in my signature.

This grow I'm being helped by at least these people (I apologize if I've forgotten anyone) including @Amy Gardner who I believe posted before me as she flagged me in her post. Amy is great! I :love: Amy.

Felipe still helps with this grow even though he's growing in hempy and I'm not. Other helpers include @InTheShed , @oldsmokey , @dr.h00k , @dynamo1 , @Mr. Krip

Those are all the ones I can think of off the top of my head without going through the whole thread again. If I have missed anyone, I sincerely apologize. I :love: all of you.

You sound like you've had way more success than me with your first grows so :high-five:.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything and I will do my best to help.

Now, I'm going off to enjoy the Northern Lights capsules that I took about an hour ago and finish watching Minority Report, which I've never seen before but I like to be friendly so here, help yourself to some Raspberry Cough I'm smoking tonight to complement the Northern.
:passitleft:

Hi @NorCAKnowYourGrow Nice to see another woman here. I'm looking forward to seeing your journal. I'm relatively new to this. I previously grew in coco-perlite in pots that drained and I am now trying soil for the first time. Nice to see that you've drawn a great crowd of women :hippy::hippy::hippy:

Hello @Carmen Ray . Nice to meet you so to speak.

I just wanted to give a shout out to you because my first grow was also hempy/DTW and now I'm trying ProMix (I call it dirt but apparently, it's not. I don't really care what it is but I probably should.) so that's also sort of similar to you. :battingeyelashes:

Hello!

Yes, I'm a proud female grower :)

Kinda a crazy thing but, I just threw some seeds in a jiffy pot with regular old potting soil not sure what would happen. Well, wouldn't you know it, all 170 seeds popped! I have never grown anything and in fact, killed the only couple plants I had. They were lucky bamboo, lol. So needless to say, I had my hands full. After they sprouted I couldn't get rid of any. Plus everything and everyone was telling me that I would lose 50% roughly to them being males. I ended up with 164 before sexing and raised them up until I figured out how to tell if they were male. Leaving me with a total of 78 plants. I had no clue how to grow. I learned as I went about it all. I stated with Advanced Nutrients as they were local to me here in Michigan. I had to keep adding lights and bigger pots and more space. My whole house just about to be honest. I studied anything I could and watched tons of youtube videos. I lived this pretty much since April. I eventually mad my own 5 gallon flex pots and purchased mad buckets as well. I am now in week 5-6 of flower! I can't believe that I made it this far. With not too many set backs. Until..... Two days ago found spider mites on 3 of my beautiful girls! I only had them on a couple of leaves and that's what brings me here. I am inquiring about what to do now. Any advice? I am Soo close and will do whatever it takes to make it! I am growing agent orange and lavender platinum presidential. I got the seeds from a personal friend out in california from buds I trimmed for them. A couple had hermied out on him. That was an outdoor grow. I'm obviously indoor.

Back to the issue at hand, what do you think about this situation and how can I get rid of them? Should I just harvest them and if so how should I go about it?

:welcome: to you as well, jdilla.

I have no advice for you as I'm still new and learning myself. But, I saw that you also just joined today so I thought a welcome specifically to you was in order.

Hello @Carmen Ray . Nice to meet you so to speak.

I just wanted to give a shout out to you because my first grow was also hempy/DTW and now I'm trying ProMix (I call it dirt but apparently, it's not. I don't really care what it is but I probably should.) so that's also sort of similar to you. :battingeyelashes:
Nice to meet you too HashGirl! I think I will call Promix "dirt" too lol. I mixed up grow mediums in someone else's thread by mistake, thinking promix and hempy were one in same, before I Googled what they both are. Aya yaya! :goof:
I'm glad to be able to follow you and see how the actual promix performs. I did love the Hempy even though I didn't know it was called that :rofl:

How about you?
Howdy.:ciao:
I'm VG.
I've been growing just over two years. I came to 420 just after I started.
I began growing in soil and moved on to perlite hempy and now I'm using Pro Mix.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom