Any suggestions plant getting too big lol

Rasta1993

Hi guys one of my bull dog plants has got too big lol and seems to be blocking the light from the other 6 plants it’s touching the light I’ve had to tie it at the top to pull away from light this plant seems to be stopping the overs around it from growing as fast ??

002FA7A2-F995-426F-9574-F06141C33A2D.jpeg

one of my bull dog plants has got too big lol and seems to be blocking the light
Yep. Probably is blocking the light;). Any part of the plant above the lights is not getting enough light for good growth either.

Suggestion is to look up some of the training methods. The one that is probably going to do the most good is called "supercropping" or "super cropping". It is a 'high stress training' method but the plant recovers within days so not a problem.

The method involves crushing the stem and then bending it down. It might have to be tied into place since the plant often tries to straighten the stem back to straight again. The bud nodes will often start to grow up towards the light. So, even though the plant looks shorter it still will be producing the same amount, give or take a bit, as a plant that is not supercropped.

Eventually a scar will form where the plant was bent over and that scar tissue is hard as a rock.

Do not pay attention to any mention of days or dates in the photos below. They are older and were used for another discussion several years ago.

bend01.jpg

bend03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom