Any suggestions?

sweatloaf13

I have a closet space partly finished in my basement that is 6.9"x2.6"(almost 7 feet high)with a 400w HPS and a sunfarm reflector.The floor is carpeted so I covered it with thick plastic I have on a Large roll,covering it completely and an extra inch or two along the wall edges that were stapled.I have flat styrofoam pieces that lay on top of the floor plastic to reflect back up.I painted the walls with a quality flat white paint(after sealing up all the cracks,holes and light entrys)and since the closet doors slide open and one pops off,I am purchasing an appropriate size of Mylar to cover the door opening. This weekend a friend and SWIM are installing a ventilation fan in the ceiling that will attach to dryer duct work,a carbon filter and vent out into another storage area. There is a thermometer/humidity gauge in the grow space to monitor the environment. I have an oscillating fan outside the closet door that blows in while lights are on. My basement is relatively cool year-round(60-67F),but I have an ac that can be quickly installed in the space.I also have a dehumidifier in the surronding room outside the closet. There are also 2 air ionizers in the room as well(not too close to space opening to rob the buds of their smell).
In the space I have 2 Baby Bloomers hydroponic setups,that hold 10 plants each. I have 20 Arjan's Haze #2 Feminine seeds,as well as some MK-Ultra,Durban Poison,Gypsy's Gum,MOD Seeds and AK-47 seeds.The two set-ups only hold 10 plants apiece so I'm leaning toward germinating the female hazes,and a couple extras in case I get some duds. I will start them in this space,right up until I force them to flower,and then I will be setting up another space adjacent for flowering,clones and a mama.
My question is what are anyones reccomendations for CO2? Also,is my choice in seeds wise or does anyoone have other recomendations?
This is my 1st grow and I want everything to go right.I'm well stocked for nutes so hopefully I can keep levels in check.Thanks!!!!

Sounds like you're off to a great start. You don't need to supliment CO2. For a space that small, you'd be waisting your money. Just make sure your exhaust fan can move 120 cubic feet of air every few minutes. Thats about the area of your room. Then install a intake fan that runs at about half that speed. Q: How is ac going to raise the temp? Sugestion: I'd just rip the carpet out of there. When the plastic gets torn or punctured, the carpet will make a perfect home for mold and fungus. You want temps of about 80 F for seedlings and clones. You don't need all that head room if all you're using the space for is clones and germination. Consider spliting this space into thirds, and building your flower chamber in the lower 2/3's. Just my 2 cents.

From what I've gleaned in other posts, anything HAZE is a bad beginner strain. They can be fussy about feeding...not an easy one to grow. White widow or purple widow are easy grows and are quite potent. White widow can grow big, though. It's a sativa dominant strain and can get tall. I like anything indica. They stay short to moderate height and aren't too fussy. 10 plants in a 6.5' x 2.5' space is gonna be tight. I've got 15 girls in a 6' x 8' space and there's almost no room for me to move around in there. I come out of there with trichome stickiness all over my hairy arms every time. GL with your grow :peace:

sweatloaf13 said:
My question is what are anyones reccomendations for CO2? Also,is my choice in seeds wise or does anyoone have other recomendations? This is my 1st grow and I want everything to go right.I'm well stocked for nutes so hopefully I can keep levels in check.Thanks!!!!

You really don't need to suppliment CO2 if your room is under 85F and has plenty of fresh air flowing in.

Like Gorilla said...I'd stay away from the haze untill you get some experience under your belt. The rest sound Wonderful! Northern Lights is a great starter strain BTW. Keep us posted on your progress!

Back
Top Bottom