Anybody ever wondered this?

Scottsquatch

Ok, so first I wanna say that my mind is well lubricated right now from a couple bowls of the kiefy goodness from the bottom of a bud jar. This might sound crazy, but has anybody ever wondered or know what would happen if you used colloidal silver or silver nitrate solution on a male plant? Would it reverse the sex of the male like it does when used on a female? Or would it make a Franken-male stud? Perhaps it would do nothing at all or maybe it would kill it. If anything, its an interesting question to ponder.

To produce a bunch of male seeds? That could ruin someone's week...

Yes, you can do that. But you have to use ethephon instead of silver thiosulfate (or colloidal silver).

No, I was wondering if it reverses males like it does females. Or what effect if any it would have.

Oh. No. It doesn't "reverse females," per se, it inhibits the auxin that determines that the flowers will be pistillate. Males don't have that - that's why their flowers are staminate.

EDIT: Although, if you decided (for whatever reason) to start dumping both substances on a male plant, you'd need to apply the ethephon at a relatively high strength - something like 1,980 PPM, IIRC - to "overcome" the amount of the silver substance.

I will, if I can find a cheap sump pump that doesn't draw directly from the bottom and sit 1/4" off the floor. My pit is dirt/mud bottom, not concrete (it's not there to remove water that drains down into the pit, it's there to remove water that comes up from the ground under the basement floor, guess a previous owner learned the hard way that water can burst concrete floors). The cheap ("cheap" :rolleyes: ) ones seem to be built like that - and made out of plastic, too. Wish there was still an old-fashioned - aka real - hardware store in this town. The owner used to let me order whatever I wanted at cost, because it counted towards her minimum yearly buy amount (was a small business).

Ours owns a golf course. Turns out they'll foreclose on anything, if the owner stops paying the loan due to mismanagement of funds and, err, a hefty c0caine habit :rolleyes: .

But what's an agway? I suppose I could Google it, but someone called me on the ol' shoe phone yesterday to ask if I had any ideas as to what to do about black mold, and after a 15-minute conversation about mold during which I mostly said "IDFK" in various ways, today I noticed that that @#%&ing Google screen crap to the left of my home screen is full of articles about mold remediation. Causing me to realize, yet again, what a bunch of spying motherf*ckers everyone at Google is. Therefore, I'll probably have a really pleasant dream about setting the Google HQ on fire and standing in the parking lot so I can shoot anyone that runs out to escape getting burned alive. And that'd make me kind of a hypocrite if I turned around and used its search engine when I didn't absolutely have to. So what's an agway? Agate driveway? Some kind of parkway? A jewel of a parkway, lol? A gemstone highway?

Man, I miss Alta Vista. Now there was a search-engine. You want to find a webpage that mentions sativa, has the word "potent" no more than three word positions away from "sativa," and has the word "haze" at least twice? No problem. But Google bought it, to kill that competition. Didn't incorporate half the search functionality into its own engine, of course, since - at that point - it didn't need to...

Oh, it was a weird one. Phone rang at 4:30am and woke me up (surprised I wasn't awake :rolleyes: ). I answered it, some British guy started jabbering. I asked who it was and he said, "Jeremy." Voice sounds familiar, but one I'd only heard on a video or something, not in person. Hmm... "Clarkson?!"

So I told him off for making statements in a YouTube video that Season 4 Episode 2 of The Grand Tour would get released in May, and it looking more and more like my free trial would end before I got to see it, then hung up on him, lol.

Agway is a department store for farmers.
They go way back to like before cars. The train wood pull up drop off seed come back and pick up the harvest lantern. Think old time home depot but next to the rail road tracks.

Agway is a department store for farmers.
They go way back to like before cars. The train wood pull up drop off seed come back and pick up the harvest lantern. Think old time home depot but next to the rail road tracks.

We have something like that, some kind of chain but not that one. Used to be a couple smaller ones that were more farmer than department store, too.

After setting up an auto-watering system recently, without a decent pump on hand and the mail moving too slow to order anything better, someone suggested using a pump from an old washing machine. Those are free or nearly so at any junkyard and I don’t see why they wouldn’t work for your situation .

Gravity is a big deal.
I wish it wasn't
Most of my washers have busted from electrical issues- timers etc, no pump failures to date. Perfectly good pumps. They’re out there waiting for you....

Serious thread drift

Back
Top Bottom