Anybody have answers?

spud57

blue dream and kali mist cloned 5/31 using foxfarm soil. repotted in small pots 1/2 gal size? on the 8th of july when i got them. they are growing well except for the following problem---halfway up the plant random leaves have started clawing and the new growth leaves are coming out twisted and maybe deformed. the clawed leaves have started cupping UP at the edges and affected leaves are starting to turn yellow. i have looked at sites to diagnose the problem and they seem to point to either nitrogen excess or not enough nitrogen--i have not used anything except the foxfarm and am now at a standstill about how to treat this problem
i am using 400wt metal halide for veg and 400wt hps bulb for flower---plants are topped once before i got them and are little 8in bushies. i will repot in larger pots at 12 in
this is my second grow so i am very new at this--my first grow was bubba kush and ak-47 and it was a very happy harvest
can anyone give me advice?

Leafs curling up around edges may suggest heat stress... this might be a problem if the MH is to close !

Not to sure about twisted new growth yet i'll have to have a think about that one...

Other wise it may well be time to give em a feed if def's are occuring & would more likely start with a 50% strength application of nutrients feed once a week for a couple of weeks, if def are still in prgress increase nutrients.

Twisting leafs might be a few things...

Could be genetics of strain ?

PH might be off...

Which may lead to nutrient lock out...

But suspect its a lack of nutrients due to lack of feeding... & more likely a micro nutrient defeciency if effecting the newer growth !

More likely be incline to feed as i mentioned above & check that the grow nutrient contains micro nutrients... other wise apply a micro nutrient feed as well :thumb:

how well rooted are they in those tiny pots, have they ran out of food?
how often do you water, do you leave your water for 12 hours to dechlorinate so we can rule out chlorine poisoning?
would really take a look at the ph of the soil and run off.
are you monitoring humidity, if so what kinda levels you looking at.

I don't think its a PH problem at present as the girls are in reasonable new compost & no nutrients as such have been mentioned whether being organic or synthetic/mineral salts !

I may have over looked possible chlorine content of water source if used fresh from the tap its not always a problem to be honest but may effect younger plants depending on tolerance, which may cause the leaf twisting if water source is not left to stand for 24 hours before use !

Humidity might be an issue , but i would need to take closer look at this or symptoms for a better diagnosis & might well be problem normally over looked by the mass when dropping leafs are concern :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom