Anybody ordered from this seed bank?

PurpleGunRack

I'm looking at getting some Ethos gear from Get Seeds Right Here, and this is one of the few shops that have some, but I haven't found any reviews yet.

If anybody ordered from them and would like to share their experience it would be much appreciated :passitleft:

Nope never heard of that one. While there is nothing wrong with finding new seed companies along the way, It is best to go with better know seed banks to start. Sponsored seed banks here seem to be doing a good job at getting people their seeds. I would stick with them.

Must be some spectacular genetics if you're contemplating buying them even though it doesn't look like any major sellers stock them. I checked a couple of "mega-seedbanks" out of curiosity, including The Attitude (which caries something like 203 different breeders' strains), but couldn't find that breeder mentioned.

I hope you find what you are seeking, and that it eventually proves to have been worth the effort.

Knowing what you want is a big thing. In similar situations I did what I needed to do to get the genetics I wanted. That is the main reason I have used so many different seed banks. Even when they do carry the same breeders some have different strains in stock. So If you really want them then you gotta do what you gotta do.

With that said. The fact that the other seed banks don't carry the breeder might mean something. I find it hard to see a unknown company come out with a new super strain. It has happened before.

For every strain out there. There is a similar strain from someone else.

Must be some spectacular genetics if you're contemplating buying them even though it doesn't look like any major sellers stock them. I checked a couple of "mega-seedbanks" out of curiosity, including The Attitude (which caries something like 203 different breeders' strains), but couldn't find that breeder mentioned.

I hope you find what you are seeking, and that it eventually proves to have been worth the effort.

Nope, sadly Attitude only stock limited elite/boutique strains, I did manage to get some In House Genetics seeds from them, not the seeds I wanted, but hopefully the seeds I need :D

Try researching Ethos a bit if you have the time/interest, pretty new company but great reputation and a pretty cool approach to breeding/growing, they have a website and some youtube videos worth watching.

Knowing what you want is a big thing. In similar situations I did what I needed to do to get the genetics I wanted. That is the main reason I have used so many different seed banks. Even when they do carry the same breeders some have different strains in stock. So If you really want them then you gotta do what you gotta do.

With that said. The fact that the other seed banks don't carry the breeder might mean something. I find it hard to see a unknown company come out with a new super strain. It has happened before.

For every strain out there. There is a similar strain from someone else.

Yeah, I might end up just trying to throw money at the problem and hope for the best :)

Basically the seedbanks across the globe are divided into two types, the mainstream seed banks and the elite/boutique seedbanks.
In other words; easy to grow / high yield strains vs. high terpene / high cannabinoid strains.

Only a few mainstrean banks sell seeds from these breeders and none have a good representation of the elite breeders and only have few of their strains in stock, and never any of the limited drops.

Finding similar strains is very hard since it's next level breeding so all the old dutch breeders are way behind, and the strains are usually crosses of unicorns from other elite breeders and house unicorns.

It's very rare to find these strains at EU seed banks, I only know of one where the service is, ehm... rather fluctuating...

If you have a IG account. I'd try to DM ethos directly. All the breeders are on there

Might be the way to go :)

Seeds Here Now's site is down and the other shops Ethos link to look rather dodgy, and I've paid for seeds not actually in stock from those kinda shops a couple of times and just wasted my time, and because of the PayPal fees also losing money without getting any seeds...

Basically the seedbanks across the globe are divided into two types, the mainstream seed banks and the elite/boutique seedbanks.
In other words; easy to grow / high yield strains vs. high terpene / high cannabinoid strains.

Uh...

Seeds Here Now's site is down and the other shops Ethos link to look rather dodgy, and I've paid for seeds not actually in stock from those kinda shops a couple of times and just wasted my time, and because of the PayPal fees also losing money without getting any seeds...

"Elite Genetics - Coming to a Fly-by-Night-F*ckery Near You!"

Yeah, I noticed the same thing when attempting to check out some of the vendors mentioned there. Gave me the same warm feeling I got that time I (briefly) thought about getting a used car at a Buy Here, Pay Here lot, lol.

There's a breeder on The A that appears to be "some guy and his friends who have a food truck." And that's not the most unknown elite breeder on their list. They have LOTS. I am now thinking about French Touch Seeds that I saw there - because when a person thinks of fine cannabis strains, the first country they think of is France, right? So, yeah, I'm guessing they don't sell tens hundreds of seeds from every breeder per week. In other words, high demand does not appear to be a prerequisite for selling one's wares via an established seedbank. I used to think that actually bothering to produce seeds was a requirement, but I have since changed my thinking on that one, partly because producing cannabis seeds is so easy that even teenagers who are trying NOT to often manage to do it, but mostly because it's not uncommon for seedbanks to carry breeders who are listed as having half (or in a couple instances, all) of their strains "out of stock" for most of the year until... maybe they need bud, accidentally let a male dump pollen, and end up with thousands of seeds they need to get rid of or something. IDK.

So if neither demand nor the ability to actually produce seeds on a regular basis is a prerequisite for getting one's wares carried by mainstream seedbanks, just what exactly is? Not p!ssing thousands of people off? But these places sell Cali Connection strains :LOL: .

Hmm... Greed, maybe? I have read that some large, established seedbanks expect heretofore unknown breeders to basically sell on consignment unless/until their brand takes off to some extent. I don't know if that's true or, if so, how prevalent this expectation is (it was just something I read in an old interview, probably in Soft Secrets or the like) - but it makes sense. If I was the kind of person who was more concerned with getting every cent I could RIGHT NOW instead of worrying about improving my business for the future, I might not go in for an arrangement like that. Or if my "Best, Strongest, Tastiest Strains in the UNIVERSE" strains... aren't. Because, if not, I'd probably be better off selling through entities that few have ever heard of. Or maybe not; I'm only speculating, of course. Do people who routinely shop at such websites tend to get bud from their harvests lab-tested? If so, it would probably shoot that particular speculation right out of the water.

If/when you do get the seeds you are seeking - and, again, I sincerely hope you do - I'd love to see a smoke report. I assume you've grown "a few" strains and, therefore, could give a much more realistic report than someone who might be growing for the first time and who might not have even consumed that many strains.

Elite genetics is a minefield and when people smell money scams are bound to happen, but luckily the internet helps us to quickly weed out the scammers :)

There are a few Ethos grows around here, I 'member Kitchenhawk ran Mandarin Cookies.

I think the seed banks have a higher ROIC on the mainstream strains of which they can get ''unlimited'' supply and don't have to deal with ''strong personalities'' :D
Like the car dealership that makes more money on selling a VW than an Aston Martin, and the VWs have a much higher turnaround too, easy to see where they should apply most of their effort of they want to make money.

Another good analogy is the perfume market where there are a lot of smaller more or less artisan companies that are making high end perfumes for less than 1% of the market, these are of course not sold in supermarkets or through large webshops.

Part of the value is in the fact that it's not mainstream :)

Well, I can tell you that what I ran from IHG is way better than what I ran from mainstream breeders.
There's a big difference between the jar you can't keep your hands off and the jars you open to save what you have in the aforementioned jar :)
Worth 3 times the price of a pack of Bomb Seeds? Hell Yes, If I were to sell my weed? Hell No ;)

Not sure if this was already stated what if you go to their website they have a list of all the seed banks that have their product I'm in Canada and it's probably a half-dozen online and in-store.

I'm looking at getting some Ethos gear from Get Seeds Right Here, and this is one of the few shops that have some, but I haven't found any reviews yet.

If anybody ordered from them and would like to share their experience it would be much appreciated :passitleft:
WeedGuardians have more Ethos than anyone and they are legit. Get Seeds Right Now is a ripoff. they take your money and you will never see your seeds.

Get Seeds Right Now is a ripoff. they take your money and you will never see your seeds.
Please share your experience...

I’m trying to think of any business named
‘Get —— Right Now’ that doesn’t fill me with instant suspicion. I’m always tempted to change that second word to something more realistic.
Like ‘Screwed’.
Or ‘Poorer’.

I’m trying to think of any business named
‘Get —— Right Now’ that doesn’t fill me with instant suspicion. I’m always tempted to change that second word to something more realistic.
Like ‘Screwed’.
Or ‘Poorer’.
There is a thread on Rollitup about them. Half seem to leary as heck about them, with a few others (who have never posted their grows) claiming they are great.
I'm sticking with New420guy myself. Nothing is like a USA based seller to get you your beans.

I have used the Seeds Here Now wed site. Once bigger seed banks started shipping out of the US I switch most my business to them. Seeds Here now is operated out of Washington state I do believe. I got what I ordered in a reasonable amount of time. I would use them again if needed. I am pretty sure the reason I checked Seeds Here Now was because of this thread.

Ethos seeds was the breeder mentioned. I still have not used them. I have heard good things about them.

there a scam site just lost 150$

sorry to hear that brother. if you purchase from one of the sponsors through the board, the board itself can help in the event an issue arises.

Back
Top Bottom