Anyone attempting to get grow licence?

Hi All,

And this is the scam of the system. Easy-peasy if your GP is on board, but as anduin1 points out, the document never gets to you. That makes you powerless. The original should go to the patient and a copy to the LP. That empowers the patient to shop around or apply for a grow license. I'm running up against this and the options are these;

1. Suck it up and pay the clinic a fee to get your script so you can grow legally
2. Cold call all the General Practitioners in your area (there are hundreds in my area) to see if they are cannabis friendly
3. Grow illegally.

Doesn't seem like a patient friendly system.

Peace. :peace:

I imagine that people with means will take the issue to court again. The current system does not give reasonable access to patients if you look at the multi month wait for personal licenses & what seems like the majority of doctors refusing to prescribe it. I'm lucky that where I live there's a clinic that does it for free as part of the provincial health system but i know not all are so fortunate and that's disappointing.

Agreed my plants are doing amazing and im happy. It s some bullsh!t but in the end ill be saving a ton of money and know whats in it and how it was done from seed to harvest. So i cant complain too much

Eaxactly! Some of the LP's are selling Oz's for over $400... My product is far superior and costs me $30 or less per Oz now.

Yeah i am paying 325 per 30 grams. After taxes and shipping. Im hoping out of 4 plants 12 ounces but i think ill have more. It takes the my price at about 90 an ounce just because its my first harvest and i am dividing my total start up cost plus hydro by 12 ounces. But its just the start the more i harvest it will be very cheap for the ammount i will have.

Yep your price will get down quickly! I am lucky here and electricity this month came in at $0.083 per kWh on the bill!

Switching to DWC and not having to pay for soil media also helped!

Crazy. I knoe a few ppl who bought everything but the actual cannabis seeds or plants b4 his license came in. I wouldnt personally take the chance. I had a few things for my grow before my license came in but not much i didnt know if i would get it or not so didnt bother. Once it came in though didnt take me long to get everything

I have my lights on during the day but i did that so i can water during the day as i am on shift work so the hours i have it at makes it the most efficient with my work schedule

I'm waiting on mine Scrog. I'll be surprised if I get it this year. Doc signed my original medical document May 14.

This is fundamentally broken. I wonder how the judge that ordered the government to fix the system feels about this. People need to sue the government. I'd hate to see people lose their plants and supply to a police raid, but s legal challenge appears to be the only way this will be addressed. Again.

That's not a big deal, just the wait sucks! I have seen people send in their renewals before ever getting the original back.... HC knows how to handle those, sadly!

Yes, you have to stay on top of this or you will lapse! Not the first person I have helped submit a renewal for before getting the original/MCR#.

Edit: HC is saying 6-8 weeks for a renewal but it is taking over 3 months for renewals, do it early!!!

Back
Top Bottom